Bugs for V1

Domi

Hello! I just registered (to make this post).

I noticed a peculiarity with Salomeya, she constantly changes her major clothing color.

I changed all of the clothing colors/hair colors of the characters to colors that I felt more matched their portraits and everything was fine for a while, but then I noticed Salomeya changed back to her default green major clothing color. I went into the inventory screen where she appeared normal (she still had the orange/brown color I selected. She appeared normal in the inventory screen, as well). Confused, I clicked on the box for the major clothing color and selected the same color I had previously.

I noticed a trend. Whenever she does anything besides move, (talk, open chests, pick items off the ground, drop items) she changes back to green. After further experimenting with the major clothing colors, she started changing from whatever I selected to blue! Thinking it was perhaps due to the mods I had installed, I uninstalled IWD2, reinstalled it with just the NPC mod and the Tweak Pack. Everything was fine, but eventually she went back to having a fickle clothing color. I think it may be triggered by the first time she banters (because she manages to keep the same color regardless of her activity for the first 25 minutes or whatever of the game). I haven't observed this behavior in any of the other NPCs, but I haven't played for very long.

Also, I'm a little unclear about the mechanisms behind her garrote. I repeatedly tried to get it to work against Phaen the Rags dude. In my experiences with it, you have to hit with your apparent "bare fists." If you hit, then the garrote appears in both weapon and shield slot with a little 1 in the lower right hand corner. Then... are they supposed to make a reflex test, or do I have to hit them again? I have all of the feedback turned on, and I only managed to get one message saying "Phaen - Reflex save passed" out of all of my attempts.

All that being said, I'm a big fan. I never managed to complete IWD or IWD2 simply because I couldn't get into the game without the character depth found in PS:T or the BG series. A lot of the magic just felt lost without a joinable party with their own personalities and such.

I apologize if that was a bit longwinded, but I like to be thorough when I report bugs. :)

That's correct, Salomeya's color change is intentional, she brought more than one dress with her to the North :)

I'll alert Avenger to the garrote thinggie, because he was the one who made the item, and he'll be the best person to comment on how it works.

Hi, I'm back and I finally managed to get ID2 to work on my laptop *dances*

Since I have time, I'll play slow and enjoy it this time...

I noticed 2 things (not sure if they were mentioned, I apologize for any repetition.)

I have no idea if anyone mentioned it, but Jemal started to talk about the crazy gnome with flying ship when I talked to the ghost of the widow. I think his dialogue was delayed (severly. Probably around 10 minutes)

another thing which I encountered the first time (when I was playing on PC this didn't happen) is the random appearance of "Jemal's Robe", "Motherly love" and other names of equip-piece in the dialogue log after a conversation ended.

(oh and this isn't a bug, but I so wish we could romance Diriel~~~~~)

Yes, the second one has been logged and will be fixed in V2.

I don't see anything scripted after talking with Viera for him, so his script probably didn't have the chance to run immediately after talking to Oswald, so it kicked in after you re-entered the area. I am not sure I can prevent this from happening, because the only way that I see would be adding a timer on Oswald's dialogue, and doing so for every interjection will be a bit tough :( But please, let me know if it happens often, I might consider it.

Ah, I think me assuming the Salomeya color-changing thing was a bug was due to the pessimism resulting from some of my past experiences with modding PC games. For a lot of games, multiple mods just don't play nice with each other.

It really is a nice touch, though!

My difficulties with the garrote were simply due to my stupidity with the IWDII UI, so I guess my post was a big false alarm.

This is a great mod, though! Keep up the good work. :(

Whenever I try to import characters there is a long pause. Deleting excess characters in the folder rids me of it but the pause is still there when I select Salomeya or Peony.

It's never fatal and always goes through, it's just a minor annoyance.

Is this normal?

Whenever I try to import characters there is a long pause. Deleting excess characters in the folder rids me of it but the pause is still there when I select Salomeya or Peony.

It's never fatal and always goes through, it's just a minor annoyance.

Is this normal?

I think it is. I got the same problem and had it long bofore this mod was out. I try to keep order in the folder with those characters but I start so many games, almost all at once, that it's impossible to maintain it :)

Archived