Haer'Dalis and Anomen - conflict?

Aryene

In some topics these subject was discussed, but I think it deserves a separate one. (Maybe I am wrong, if so - just delete it :) )

What do You think about things could happen between those two mans? Or maybe You know something that could be told and I don't know about it? :> Ten tell me, please! :love:

Geeez, Edwin dealt with Anomen just greatly, I doubt our Great Bard and mockingbird can be in any way confused and find no answer to the pompous cleric. (This, btw, makes me think the PC deserves to have the same opportunity to rivals  :) )

Making one PC beat another every time they talk does not make for good or interesting writing. No matter how annoying Anomen is.

Haer'Dalis and Anomen strike me as people who wouldn't have a lot to say to each other. There's no way either could understand where the other was coming from. I'm having a hard time imagining them reacting to being rivals for the PC in any way other than, "Wait, you're interested in him? Ugh, never mind, he can have you."

Oh my, I expected you propose they'll be a pair of best friends as well, sharing a lovely lassie PC.  :)

Wait... you mean Edwin was UNDERSTANDING at least something (or caring to try) about cleric-kid???  :love:

It would be easier than understanding any of your witless babble.

Please, everyone, be a bit more responsible, and don't switch from the mod discussion to the unflattering personal remarks. It sort of spoils the pleasure of reading the discussions :)

On topic - I agree with Neriana, but there is no surprise there. There was an interesting Anomen romance conflict discussion (as pertaining to Aklon, but some points were quite generic) a while ago here: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=4051

Please, everyone, be a bit more responsible, and don't switch from the mod discussion to the unflattering personal remarks. It sort of spoils the pleasure of reading the discussions  :)

You are right of course. Kania has made it very clear though that she doesn't want discussions taking place that aren't approved of by her, even if they are relevant and on topic.

But, to get back on, I also agree. Anomen and Haer'Dalis are miles apart personality wise. I can't imagine Anomen would just let the PC go though.

On the subject of competitiveness, for some reason, in my experience it's far easier for men to become quite bitter rivals - whether in sports, business or romance - and still maintain a friendship throughout it all than it is for women. It's not always the case of course, but in general that's what I've observed through life and I still don't understand why exactly that is.

Well met, and welcome to the boards. You know, your alias will look lovely as a registered poster's :)

Myself, the way I see the romance conflict purpose, is to make it difficult for PC to chose -yes, even if we are talking about good ol' Anomen- as opposite to punishing the unsuitable NPC for liking her.

Sorry, I must run, but I will try to contribute something more substancial once I have another minute.

It would be easier than understanding any of your witless babble.

Where's the moderator? :) Kiddy, you go read the rules of any forum... if you're able to, ne? :) Insulting other participant because you can't understand what he's saying, indeed! :love:

Domi, I don't understand at all, just WHO is Aklon and what is connecting him with HDR? Why then Kelsey, Tsu or Sola are forgotten? :O

Where's the moderator?  :)  Kiddy, you go read the rules of any forum... if you're able to, ne?  :) Insulting other participant because you can't understand what he's saying, indeed!  :love:

Oh, I understand the rules just fine. However, nearly every post of yours I've seen has been thinly veiled abuse towards anyone you don't agree with. They would perhaps be more tolerable if there was any element of wit in them.

Oh, luvly. Some guest pops up to tell me that s/he is understanding what I wanted to say better than I myself. And to inform me that I'm actually stupid and witless.

Is it just a very good impression then? (sighs) Okay... I will give you the benefit of the doubt and believe you don't mean to offend anyone, but the way you phrase things does make it seem that way. That being case, I will apologise for anything I've said that's offended you.

Oh my, I expected you propose they'll be a pair of best friends as well, sharing a lovely lassie PC.  :)

Wait... you mean Edwin was UNDERSTANDING at least something (or caring to try) about cleric-kid???  :love:

I have no idea. I haven't played the Edwin romance, as Edwin is misogynistic, evil, and despicable, if that mod is what you're talking about. If you're talking about the actual game, Anomen is the one who comes out on top over Edwin. Just about everyone does, since Edwin is also crazy and quickly losing his weak grasp on reality during the course of the game.

I would never propose that Anomen and Haer'Dalis be friends.

I have no idea. I haven't played the Edwin romance, as Edwin is misogynistic, evil, and despicable, if that mod is what you're talking about. If you're talking about the actual game, Anomen is the one who comes out on top over Edwin. Just about everyone does, since Edwin is also crazy and quickly losing his weak grasp on reality during the course of the game.

Kania may be thinking of CN Anomen (I'm guessing, somehow, she sees him much more often than she sees the LG version), who has an exchange with Edwin that goes like this (paraphrased):

EDWIN: You should be proud I consider you dangerous, Anomen. Red Wizards of Thay rarely acknowledge foreigners as potential rivals.

ANOMEN: What are you talking about? I'm nothing like you!

EDWIN: No, no, of course not. And certainly not becoming more so every day.

It's in ToB, where Edwin actually manages to come across as clever a couple times.

Myself, the way I see the romance conflict purpose, is to make it difficult for PC to chose -yes, even if we are talking about good ol' Anomen- as opposite to punishing the unsuitable NPC for liking her.

I agree, the romance conflicts should provide a difficult (or at least an informed) choice for the PC. They're great places to develop characters as well, if you can find ways to avoid the NPCs instantly drawing weapons on one another. The conflict between Haer'Dalis and Anomen could be very interesting, because while their personalities are poles apart, many of the approaches they take to things are similar. Both of them, for example, are great givers of speeches on their philosophy (let's not debate who's the better though), so what starts as a conflict could easily evolve into a rambling, and probably heated, philosophical debate. Perhaps not very flattering for the lady being conflicted over, but it could also go the other way. :)

Domi, I don't understand at all, just WHO is Aklon and what is connecting him with HDR? Why then Kelsey, Tsu or Sola are forgotten?  :love:

I think the only real connection is that some of these issues have been discussed for Aklon over at the thread Domi linked to. Generally what was discussed is the idea that Anomen shouldn't be a total bastard and/or idiot.

Archived