Flaw in the Original Game

Ishad Nha

Flaw in the original game, there was supposed to have been a few weeks or months at Suldanesselar before Throne of Bhaal starts. Enough time for PCs to be healed and rested. Need to alter any cutscenes at the end in Suldanesselar so that the party is actually healed and rested!

Items from PCs killed in Hell should be dumped in this city not in the Forest of Tethyr. Obviously there should be time for resurrected PCs to re-equip their gear.

Probably a good idea to have the expansion start from a house in Suldanesselar.

I'm sceptical:

(1) the Throne of Bhaal intro movie definitely implies that the game starts after you leave Suldanesselar

(2) applying a heal effect after leaving Hell is easy enough but actually moving the start point to Suldanesselar is a large amount of work for at most a tiny gain, especially as you can rest perfectly easily in the grove (either in WoP or vanilla ToB).

Ellesime says that the protagonist was dead for a few days at most, hence at least a few days have elapsed between Hell and ToB. I get the impression it is more like weeks or months. Especially given the time needed for the mayhem spread by the Five.

It is generally the lack of internal consistency that I don't like. I will have a crack at it but I am no modder. Cutscenes 100a and 100b, MoveToExpansion() seems to be the relevant command.

Edit:

It seems to work easily enough.

especially as you can rest perfectly easily in the grove (either in WoP or vanilla ToB).
Well, that's good and fine within the original game where the end battle with Irenicus didn't always kill half of the group, and the next encounter was half easy.

Yes, you can rest, but that means that you then go almost immediatly into Combat... as that's what I always do/did to start the vanilla ToB game, I just push the rest button and the faces talk and the encounter happens in the auto set location... but I won't have the time to re-equip my dead characters if the Cleric just Revived them, so to speak... let alone if the Cleric in the Irenicus fight was prepared to do damage and then survives with those spells alone, he get's to make his reselection, but his squad is still naked when they get revived, if they do, before the fight with the kinda hard Bhallspawn(assuming the SCSII install).

Like said, this is the original games own fault...

especially as you can rest perfectly easily in the grove (either in WoP or vanilla ToB).
Well, that's good and fine within the original game where the end battle with Irenicus didn't always kill half of the group, and the next encounter was half easy.

Yes, you can rest, but that means that you then go almost immediatly into Combat... as that's what I always do/did to start the vanilla ToB game, I just push the rest button and the faces talk and the encounter happens in the auto set location...

On my install, nothing happens in the grove until you click on one of the heads. Rest twenty times if you like. (Starting a new ToB game is the quickest way to generate saves for testing spells and scripts, so I've come to know the SW corner of the grove quite well!)

Archived