Photo

WTP Familiars (revised Find Familiar spell)

Need coder

107 replies to this topic

#106 flamewing

flamewing
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

It is now on GitHub.

This version installs correctly in EET; and while I did not test yet, likely in BGEE, BG2EE, TOB and BGT as well. I still have to test in-game.

What I had tested with the modifications from before had two interesting effects:

• Legacy of Bhaal mode gives tons of hit points to the familiar. Need to check how to work around this. You still only gain the "expected" amount of hit points.

• The PC I created had an item giving magic resistance. After summoning a pseudo dragon, the magic resistance quickly climbed to 127. I don't know yet what is causing this.

• The familiar was always deselected when moving between areas.

Still need to support IWD spells for pseudo dragon/imp affinity, including IWDification mod.

#107 koliko

koliko
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

Hello Everyone
I have a question and maybe you could help me; Whenever i try to summon a familiar nothing happens (I had a familiar at the end of BG1 - a Faerie Dragon).

Casting the spell and choosing one of the other 2 familiars sort of works; but when you talk with them they disappear - With the Faerie Dragon nothing happens (as in the video)

Any idea on why this happens or how I could fix it?

Edited by koliko, 15 April 2018 - 05:47 AM.

#108 Salk

Salk
  • Modders
  • 2964 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:13 AM

Hello!

Sorry for the late reply. 

I am not sure what the matter with your game is and I can not see any link to any video.

What you are describing is something I have never experienced before nor had any similar feedback in the past.

The fact that the Fairie Dragon cannot be summoned again is likely to depend on a variable which never reset itself. I will need you to run some testing to make sure.

Also, what version of the modification are you using? The EE compatible one or the original one?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users