Questions, Questions..

Rain

I've been following this forum for quite a while now, and I think it's great that we're finally going to be able to get to know one of the most interesting (in my opinion) characters of BG2 a little better :cry: However, there are a few things that I've been wondering about (sorry if any of these have already been asked)...

1) Firstly, will Viconia have a friendship/romance with an Elf? She won't romance a male elf PC, so I was wondering if the same thing would apply to an elven female?

2) Will you be able to just be "good friends" (best friends?) with Viconia, or will it automatically develop into a romance? Also, when responding to something that Viconia has said, will there be seperate "friendly" and "romantic" style PC responses, or just the typical personality/alignment based ones?

3) Will the female romance go along the same lines as the male one (she treats you baddly -- falls in love (?) -- eventually breaks up with you)?

4) If there's ToB content, will we have the option to try and "redeem" her?

5) Will she have a whole new epilogue? (I was really disappointed with the fact that you put up with all her negative comments and eventually redeem her, only for her to die ;))

6) Okay, I know this really doesn't have anything to do with the MoD, but I've always wondered about how old Viconia is actually meant to be??? She mentions at one point that she'd worshiped Lolth (Lloth?) for "an age and a half", although since the technical (dictionary) definition of an "age" is just "an expanse of time", this doesn't really tell us very much.. :blush: Aren't Elves only classified as an adult once passed the age of 120 years or something??? I always figured that she was somewhere in the region of 150 - 170... Hehe, since the PC is meant to be around 20, I wonder if she'll have any comments on the age difference? (especially if the PC is an Elf)

Anyways, thank ye for listening to my little ramble! ;)

6) Okay, I know this really doesn't have anything to do with the MoD, but I've always wondered about how old Viconia is actually meant to be??? She mentions at one point that she'd worshiped Lolth (Lloth?) for "an age and a half", although since the technical (dictionary) definition of an "age" is just "an expanse of time", this doesn't really tell us very much..  :cry:  Aren't Elves only classified as an adult once passed the age of 120 years or something??? I always figured that she was somewhere in the region of 150 - 170... Hehe, since the PC is meant to be around 20, I wonder if she'll have any comments on the age difference? (especially if the PC is an Elf)

Good point -- I'm guessing that Viccy is the traditional "older woman with experience" :blush:

1) Nope. She won't be able to romance elves.

2) Yes. One of the key points is that this a Viconia relationship mod. You will actually have to try very hard to get a romance from it, unlike the linear Bioware romances which just turn into a romance or die horribly.

3) There will be similarities however the relationship can branch quite a lot. You might get a romance from mutual respect and a bond of friendship that develops into something more. Or you might get a lust fuelled romance through much shameless flirting.

4) Yup.

5) We haven't thought this far yet.

6) Pass...

I remember an offhanded reference (probably by David Gaider in one of the old posts that were dug up by the Unfinished Business team) to Viconia being around 200 years old. If elves become adults in their early hundreds and live to be, say, 600 years or so, that doesn't make her that old. Relatively speaking, of course...

How do you "redeem" her anyway? I've heard a lot about that, and I've run through the Viconia relationship once, but I guess I never bothered checking her alignment at certain points. So I may have done it inadvertantly at some point or I may just have glossed over it in ToB, what with the whole city of the doomed, giants, betrayal, etc. going on. Is it the glowing Gorion thingy at the temple?

Yep - you can get her to change her alignment from "Neutral Evil" to "True Neutral" through "nice" dialogue options (ones that don't promote violence, evil etc). I've only managed to do this once, however, not because getting her to change alignment is "challenging" (it's really easy), but because I seem to have some weird bug where I only get the event triggered dialogue options now (like the Gorion/shade) with Viconia.. :blush:

Guest SuperSize

Since this is the "questions" forum, I was wondering what flirts this mod will have?

I really hope that there's the option to bathe/wash with Vick and to braid/stroke/play with her hair. -Grin- I love playing with my g/f's hair, and I always imagined Vick would have really nice hair :blush:;):cry:

Apologies. I deleted it because quite frankly it looked like spam.

heheheheh

Nice thread i seen ever,...

really awesome!!!

Reads like generic spambot thread necro-ing. And then there was a link in your signature that looked a bit suspicious. Again, standard spambot strategy.

Apologies. I deleted it because quite frankly it looked like spam.

heheheheh

Nice thread i seen ever,...

really awesome!!!

Reads like generic spambot thread necro-ing. And then there was a link in your signature that looked a bit suspicious. Again, standard spambot strategy.

Grim, i wanna tell you this is my own site thats why i put this link as my signature.. if you have problem with this link so, tell i will remove this from my signature.

Thanks!

Archived