Jump to content


Various consistency check issues

19 replies to this topic

#16 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

    The Imp

  • Modders
  • 6726 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:06 AM


I have no arguments about the magic level...


But. Considering how the engine works with the values of Thac0, or more like; how Thac0 values should work in the engine, it would be logical that the negative numbers would HAVE to work, and not just 0 ... 20. But more like -30 ... 30. Also, if memory serves, it might not, the AC has a hard limit of -10 for the non special attack type armor class at least for the party characters, the special being the armor bonuses(opcode #0, parameter 2 being bigger than zero).
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#17 qwerty1234567

  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

8) "Melee extended header #1 has charges, recharges or 'per day' flag" returns a false positive for items with melee charges. Which are basically 2 - staff of striking and neb's dagger. I haven't found any items with illegitimate charges.

It does catch a few items with per day recharge melee headers correctly.

bad jarno, go away!

#18 Sam.

  • Modders
  • 133 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:50 PM

The reason I'm posting all this is that I've a pet project going slowsly, which aims to sanitize all game resources. Basically, same checks in weidu form + automatic fixes. It's largely based on lolfixer, which is in turn based on g3 debugging sute, cre fixer, etc.
So I'm trying to separate the "unusual" (but working) from "not working as expected" (a bug), or plain "crashing the game".

I am very interested in such a project. I tried reporting a lot of these type issues to Beamdog, but their response was generally a flat "We're not fixing anything that's not broken."


I can think of a few things I have found that aren't picked up by the usual checks/utilities.  For instance, you may find 20916 and 20918 (originally discussed here) of interest in the Audio category.  There is also 20982 in the Graphics department (discussion).  I can think of a handful of others that you may or may not already know about.  If you are interested in these or related issues, feel free to drop me a PM on any of the forums :)

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

-- to Portalbendarwinden


Posted Image
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#19 Avenger

  • Modders
  • 3800 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hungary

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:53 AM

The fix for 20982 should be to delete all the are/tis/wed files that are not used by the game.

#20 argent77

  • Modders
  • 820 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

Removing unused resources will most likely cause compatibility issues with a number of mods, especially if the resources are available in the original games as well. A more prominent example is AR2700 in BG2 which is reused by a couple of mods.

Reply to this topic


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users