Issues with area rendering in-game

jastey

Thank you, that completely eliminated the problem.

How does the new TIS format decide which PVRZ files it has to use? I don't see any file references in the tileset.

File names (7 letters, drops the second letter of the are name and appends sequence numbers at the end.)

PS - some recently found problems seem to indicate that all those files need to be in override or in the same biff. When someone biffed their EE overrde, the association was broken, as files ended up in different biffs. Anyway, biffing is not needed and not recommended for EE games.

I don't plan on doing any biffing, so I should be fine. Interesting method of association. I could see it causing some minor compatibility issues since the the first two letters are generally the modder's prefix, but areas and tilesets aren't really all that common, I guess.

I don't plan on doing any biffing, so I should be fine. Interesting method of association. I could see it causing some minor compatibility issues since the the first two letters are generally the modder's prefix, but areas and tilesets aren't really all that common, I guess.

I have a large EET install with nearly every area adding mod in it - no problem. (I was fearing issues, just like you,it sounded funny at first but I was proven wrong - a lot of the big old mods used *free* arXXXX names in the early days of modding the game).

I've never really concerned myself much with compatibility anyway, not about to start now. :)

I do find it an odd choice though, considering there's no point in sticking to the whole 8-letter scheme if there's no 8-byte file references in the TIS.

Archived