Is there a good way to prevent a shaman kit from getting spells on lvl?

Ulb

That's an interesting idea! But I'm pretty sure going to the screen to select spells happens before and 171 of GA_ effects are applied... that's the way it is with chatacter generation, at least. Never tested level-up, but my presumption is that it works similarly.

I'm sure that's right. But editing the UI would allow a player's spell selections to be made for them, and hidden from them. Then the CLAB applies afterwards, and reverses the selection.

I *suspect* you could probably

- change the UI so that shamans auto-select some fixed spell(s) on levelling without the player noticing;

- take those spells away again via CLAB.

CHARGEN applies the CLAB after spell selection, level-up applies the CLAB before spell selection.

It's the same issue other divine casters face with removing spells at level-up.

The CLAB would have to remove them both instantly and on a delay, to remove the spells for both situations.

Each kit utilizing it would need a combination of 5 spells per level that they either cannot or must have, so the UI has enough to select at every level.

These spells would have to be available for selection to all shamans, but adding dummy spells for this would likely cause conflict with mods that add Priest spells, since there are only 50 slots per level.

The mod would now have to worry about compatibility issues with UI mods - would probably be best if a separate mod implements the UI changes, and others just tie-in when it's been installed.

This method would otherwise work.

The same section of UI.menu is used by Shamans and Sorcerers for spell selection, so Sorcerers could use this as well.

Any shaman/sorcerer using it would then provide a way to select spells each level (likely though dialog menus).

I *suspect* you could probably

- change the UI so that shamans auto-select some fixed spell(s) on levelling without the player noticing;

- take those spells away again via CLAB.

CHARGEN applies the CLAB after spell selection, level-up applies the CLAB before spell selection.

It's the same issue other divine casters face with removing spells at level-up.

The CLAB would have to remove them both instantly and on a delay, to remove the spells for both situations.

Each kit utilizing it would need a combination of 5 spells per level that they either cannot or must have, so the UI has enough to select at every level.

These spells would have to be available for selection to all shamans, but adding dummy spells for this would likely cause conflict with mods that add Priest spells, since there are only 50 slots per level.

The mod would now have to worry about compatibility issues with UI mods - would probably be best if a separate mod implements the UI changes, and others just tie-in when it's been installed.

This method would otherwise work.

The same section of UI.menu is used by Shamans and Sorcerers for spell selection, so Sorcerers could use this as well.

Any shaman/sorcerer using it would then provide a way to select spells each level (likely though dialog menus).

I don't suppose that there is a way to do some ui magic to create a custom spell selection screen during character creation--and level up--is there?