bug vampires game crash

5 replies to this topic

#1 JYossarian

JYossarian
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:45 PM

Hello,
I have weird problem as topic says while facing Vampire (tombs in Graveyard District), as soon as bring him to near to death statement the game crashes. Note: I'm using BG II: EE and newest version of scs in which I installed 'upgraded vampiers'. Any idea how to fix it? If not, is it possible to reinstall the game with scs but without upgraded vampires and not losing progess?
Thanks in advance
PS: I'm using windows 7

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6621 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:11 PM

The issue is likely to be in the bat animation the vampire is supposed to polymorph into so that it doesn't die.

Fix... don't know. Stake the grave before you go kill the Vamp. .. could work. Of course that's far more difficult. As you have to run though them to get to the grave. :p

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#3 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • Modders
  • 465 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:40 PM

The fault should be in the mod, unmodded BG2:EE has no such problem. You could try replacing the bat with the floating cloud of gas.

#4 JYossarian

JYossarian
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

Thanks, but how can I change that bat?

Edited by JYossarian, 10 March 2016 - 03:52 AM.

#5 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • Modders
  • 465 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

Unmodded BG2EE, Vampires have an Override script, VAMPIR01.BCS, that starts with:

IF
    Die()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ReallyForceSpellDead(Myself,VAMPIRE_GAS_FORM_CHANGE) // SPIN964.SPL (No such index)
END

You will need to use the EE version of Near Infinity for this.

#6 JYossarian

JYossarian
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:41 AM

Wow, okay, it's working now since I installed Java. Thanks for help :thumbsup:

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, vampires, game crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users