Your favorite IWD2NPC is.../NPC you miss....

Domi

Your favorite IWD2NPC is...  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seconded. I can't really figure out why I'm so fascinated with this character, but would definitely romance him if given the option.

I guess that is were the vampire lies. Diriel *is* fascinating. Or at least interesting. The problem I have with man is that I often find them boring... One thing you can be sure around Diriel is that boredom just isn't in the cards.

Heh, wait till chapter 5

I think I know what you are hinting at. No way that is going to change my opinion in this matter. I think creating Diriel might have been one of your grave mistakes, Domi. Now some scary freaks will endlessly bugger you for the eventual romance, lol XD. Another thing is, however, that there is too little content to keep me amused continously. I really get bored quite quick with ID2, the more I have once completed the game in the past and I *know* what will happen at every turn. I have seen all of the banters/lovetalks/such of chapter 1 in the first *half* of it, and then the only thing left for me were the situational dialogue/interjections. Don't get me wrong - the mod *is* awesome, and all, I would just want to have some more interesting (=modded) content to distract me from poor, linear to the core, monotonous plot of ID2. That game *really* needs more interest from the modders to be made an enjoyable, *repeatable* trip.

(Slaps forehead) Forgot to tell that yes, you have the option to talk about it with him in one of the later talks.

Thank you! I am a happy girl now;)

Now some scary freaks will endlessly bugger you for the eventual romance, lol XD.

Every time someone says 'Diriel's Romance', a pixie dies :(

Don't get me wrong - the mod *is* awesome, and all, I would just want to have some more interesting (=modded) content to distract me from poor, linear to the core, monotonous plot of ID2. That game *really* needs more interest from the modders to be made an enjoyable, *repeatable* trip.

Absolutely. IWD2 needs alternative paths through the game. Even a token element of choice a-la BG2 will serve it well, but a good solid divergence is even better. And to make things worse the game is all set up for it, screaming for it, with its complex politics in a localized setting! Oh, well, if my NWN2 venture will end in fiasco, I will probably ressurect the IWD2: Chimeras.

Now some scary freaks will endlessly bugger you for the eventual romance, lol XD.

Every time someone says 'Diriel's Romance', a pixie dies ;)

Okay, I can't resist...

Diriel romance, Diriel romance, Diriel romance, Diriel romance, Diriel romance! :(

Adore Diriel as I might - my current female elven character finds him interesting, fascinating, like-minded, and unlike with Jaemal and Rizdaer, with Diriel I get the feeling that he cares for my character - I think I'd actually prefer if he was left as he is. This way, my imagination roams wild and I don't have to fear you'll do something horrible to him in the extra content, though I'd still eagerly read it. :(

(And now that I'm playing throgh Auril's Temple in the Chapter 2, his every scenery banter is a very nice surprise.)

Adore Diriel as I might - my current female elven character finds him interesting, fascinating, like-minded, and unlike with Jaemal and Rizdaer, with Diriel I get the feeling that he cares for my character - I think I'd actually prefer if he was left as he is. This way, my imagination roams wild and I don't have to fear you'll do something horrible to him in the extra content, though I'd still eagerly read it. :(

(And now that I'm playing throgh Auril's Temple in the Chapter 2, his every scenery banter is a very nice surprise.)

My first impression of Diriel was that he is a man who can overtalk everyone and has no need to fight his openents the traditional way - he could just talk them to death. It also seemed to me that at the end of the day Diriel is a base coward with nothing to back up his words.

Now let's talk about deceiving firts impressions :)

I think it way early in chapter 3 when his banter about snow accured. My PC, being a tease, said something like "I can imagine a couple if things involving me, you and the snow" (or something between the lines). I never thought he will be as bold to do what I told him I imagined back there ;)

After that I looked at him from a different angle and guess what - I started to respect that guy.

This way, my imagination roams wild and I don't have to fear you'll do something horrible to him in the extra content, though I'd still eagerly read it.

I won't. ;) I still consider Diriel too narrow in scope, and too much of a one-trick pony to invest into a romance. Besides, one more romance for a female PC means one more romance for a male PC, 'cause fair is fair (though I m yet to hear from disgrunted or happy males, lol), and I dread the thought of writing one more flirt-pack, let alone two! :(

(though I'm yet to hear from disgrunted or happy males, lol)

Could it be that we finally have more female gamers than male gamers?? :(

Never thought I'd see *that* day! :)

PS. I know that's a complete random comment, but I guess I don't have any criticism to offer (forget constructive criticism! ??? ), since I haven't installed IWD2NPCs yet (yes, I know, I know, the shame! ;) ), but I have finals around the corner, and I know that it's gonna be good, and I won't trust myself not to play it... :bday: (There, how's that for praise! :beer: ).

This way, my imagination roams wild and I don't have to fear you'll do something horrible to him in the extra content, though I'd still eagerly read it.

I won't. I still consider Diriel too narrow in scope, and too much of a one-trick pony to invest into a romance. Besides, one more romance for a female PC means one more romance for a male PC, 'cause fair is fair (though I m yet to hear from disgrunted or happy males, lol), and I dread the thought of writing one more flirt-pack, let alone two!

Hm. I think that an eventual *romance* with Diriel should be an optional component, if a component at all, as it is a direct intervention into the content. And I am quite sure most of us would eagerly read it/try it out, if only once.

Ans here we can see the perfect example of a writer creating a character that is interpreted diffrently by the players -- the linse you have given him make us think that he has more depth in him than *you*, the creator, consider true. Well, perhaps it is worth a moment of reflection, then? Another thing is that Bioware was never fair to us, so if *ine mod* will make female players feel more privileged then I can hardly see anything bad in that. Another thing is that I am quite sure you would have all help necesarry for writing a new romance for Diriel/Prachi. The flirtpack also wouldn't be an obstacle -- I myself have quite few ideas as to what could have been there.

But a 'no' is no. I will be very dissapointed, as Diriel is the most interesting 'romantic interest' character I have encountered EVER in any game or mod (even Kivan has to give up the competition here), but I will live. Just probably won't play anymore female romances as now they won't be worth playing anyway... I think I will have to start playing male protagonists, lol.

But a 'no' is no. I will be very dissapointed, as Diriel is the most interesting 'romantic interest' character I have encountered EVER in any game or mod (even Kivan has to give up the competition here), but I will live. Just probably won't play anymore female romances as now they won't be worth playing anyway... I think I will have to start playing male protagonists, lol.

Oh, come on!

You want love? Jaemal has a lot to give.

You want some lovin'? Riz is up to it.

And the way it is now, you can have Diriel in, to spice things up a bit ;)

Just don't let it turn into a drama, when suddently the whole male population is chasing after a single woman. It's Icewind Dale, sure, but not a deserted island - our PC is not the only girl available. Just like in real life - no matter how much you like a guy he can be uninterested or has hundreds of other things to worry about than running around after a "fine specimen of the opposite sex" :(

Hm. I think that an eventual *romance* with Diriel should be an optional component, if a component at all, as it is a direct intervention into the content. And I am quite sure most of us would eagerly read it/try it out, if only once.

Intervention is not a concern, because the dialogues like for the other romanceable characters are set up to accomodate a romance. It is narrow-scoped because it will encompas elven females only. And I am very certain that what I would write would dissappoint not only Kulyok but everyone else as well, because I am not interested in changing his character. As I said before, I leave the mod open for people to do patches on the original content, so if someone wants to come up with Diriel's romance, it's up for the taking, writing and coding.

As for Prachi she proved to be an overwhelming character as is: I had to read two books and a few internet articles to write her, and I am paranoid that a romance would Westernise her even further, so I don't think I have enough knowledge under my belt to make a credible shot there. I am in love with India, but I have never been to, and I would not want to produce a horrible caricature because of my lack of understanding.

Oh, come on!

You want love? Jaemal has a lot to give.

You want some lovin'? Riz is up to it.

And the way it is now, you can have Diriel in, to spice things up a bit.

Please, go away with *him* (points at Jaemal) from me, before anyone will get hurt. And I am not saying that there is not enough romance. I am just not happy with the romance choices. There. No dramas. And, as I said, I will live. Just with some sulkinh, but, well, everybody can do that from time to time, can't he?

As for Prachi she proved to be an overwhelming character as is: I had to read two books and a few internet articles to write her, and I am paranoid that a romance would Westernise her even further, so I don't think I have enough knowledge under my belt to make a credible shot there. I am in love with India, but I have never been to, and I would not want to produce a horrible caricature because of my lack of understanding.

I like Prachi the way she is^^' No need to be paranoid! My next 'big' run will be with Prachi in my team... This time I am going to survive Jaemal in my party^^'.

Archived