Photo

Version 27 of Sword Coast Stratagems released

26 replies to this topic

#1 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4430 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Sorry about the breakneck release schedule, but Weidu v235 turns out to have a bug that prevents SCS from installing on BG2:EE. I've fixed a couple of other things while I was at it: here's the changelog.

•Worked around a WEIDU v235 bug that was preventing install of some components on BG2EE.
•Fixed a bug with the extend_script function that inter alia was breaking Kaishas' interaction with the PC.
•"NPC pairs separate" is more robust.
•Temporarily disabled the "Smarter Vampires" component on BG2EE installs, as it's causing (animation-related?) crashes that I don't currently have time to track down.
•Vampyre in the Book of Kaza crypt is toned down a bit.

#2 Jarin

Jarin
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Sorry about the breakneck release schedule,

I take it you haven't played BF4 then? It's not nearly as bad as you think :).

Edited by Jarin, 17 November 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#3 Salk

Salk
  • Modders
  • 2956 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Wisp is on your tail.

He's just released v236. Is that workaround still necessary?

Said that, I don't mind in the least new versions coming up close one after the other. If there is a valid reason, why not? :)

#4 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4430 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

Wisp is on your tail.

He's just released v236. Is that workaround still necessary?

Unnecessary but harmless (and there are other, less crucial, bug fixes in v27).

Said that, I don't mind in the least new versions coming up close one after the other. If there is a valid reason, why not? :)

Testing, mostly. V25 was install-tested on about six configurations of the game and fairly extensively run through the G3 debugging suite in each case. It would have been unrealistic to do that for v27 - I checked it installed on BGEE and BG2EE and called it a day. Now, I don't think I can have broken anything, else I wouldn't have released, but in general, the quicker a release schedule the more likely I am to break something in the course of mending something else.

#5 onerous

onerous
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

A quick question:

•Fixed a bug with the extend_script function that inter alia was breaking Kaishas' interaction with the PC.

Would the extend_script function remove previously added romance timers from gtimes.ids? I have a game bug where the missing timers were ruining my BG1NPC romance. I was using SCS v26 at the time and want to know if it can be fixed by updating to v27.

If not, I posted the problem in the BG1NPC forum.

Edited by onerous, 19 November 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#6 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4430 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:03 PM

No.

#7 onerous

onerous
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

I just tested SCS v27 and want to report a bug.

The initial component of SCS removes additional modded timers from gtimes.ids. For clarity, this is my gtimes.ids before SCS install.

Spoiler

This is my gtimes.ids after SCS install.

Spoiler

Here is my WeiDU.log.

Spoiler

I found backups of gtimes.ids in BG1NPC, garrick_flirt and BGT. BG2Fixpack has an ids_entries_gtimes.tph file. So BG2Fixpack, Garrick's Infatuation, and BG1NPCs are the mods in my install that alter gtimes.ids.

Edited by onerous, 19 November 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#8 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4430 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

Yes, that's SCS. And yes, it's a bad idea (for reasons I hadn't entirely understood when I coded it.) Will fix. (It's nothing to do with extend_script, so I stick by my previous answer!)

#9 Sick Boy

Sick Boy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

I got a bug in v26 of SCS, I suppose this versión is affected aswell. When I get ambushed by dogs, they are neutral to me (blue circle).

#10 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1118 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

There's a compatibility problem between BP, RR and SCS. BP changes the spell.ids symbol for 2302 into WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC. RR knows about this and gets around it by changing a bunch of IDS symbols into numerical constants (the compiler substitutes the number for the current IDS symbol when compiling). But now SCS changes the symbol for 2302 back to WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC. The problem is that DLGs are not compiled to bytecode like scripts, but still rely on the IDS translation service at runtime. Consequently, RR (and perhaps other mods) is left with a DLG containing the symbol WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC, which no longer exists in spell.ids. There's a similar problem with 2326.

Final edit: now with 100 % less stream of consciousness.

Edited by Wisp, 22 November 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#11 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4430 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

Actually I change it because BGEE also uses REMOVE_ - I didn't know BP does it too.

I'll see if I can do something more compatibility-friendly. (It's a pain, though, because it makes a mess of a lot of scripting automation.)

#12 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Modders
  • 2603 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

BP changes the spell.ids symbol for 2302 into WIZARD_REMOVE_MAGIC. RR knows about this and gets around it by changing a bunch of IDS symbols into numerical constants (the compiler substitutes the number for the current IDS symbol when compiling).

I would rather *fix* it within RR by changing it back to WIZARD_DISPEL_MAGIC. The last thing we want to is break the standard designation.

Edited by Ardanis, 22 November 2013 - 05:39 AM.

Retired from modding.

#13 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4430 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

I fear that ship has sailed, unfortunately - IIRC BGEE also uses the modified designation.

#14 Ardanis

Ardanis

A very GAR character

• Modders
  • 2603 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Well, I'm looking right at the latest BGEE and it has DISPEL / TRUE_DISPEL.

Retired from modding.

#15 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4430 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

Maybe I mean BG2EE.

(Or maybe I'm wrong, which would be great.)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users