Version 27 of Sword Coast Stratagems released

DavidW

Found the tiniest thing involving invalid text strings, like the example in the link from SCS's Fine Weapons component.

http://i5.minus.com/ifE2cGQv6A7ug.png

The invalid text also appears in mage pre-buffs, weapons and items added by Rogue Rebalancing and BG2 Tweaks, rebalanced proficiencies from BG2 Tweaks and dialogue with the Flaming Fist when you're caught stealing. Not sure what mod affects that though.

This seems to be an entirely cosmetic issue, you can take the proficiencies, buy and equip weapons and mage spells still work without any issue whatsoever, but I thought you'd like to know about it.

I was going through the README and I was wondering if the slightly nurfed insect plague (which can be killed by fireshield) bug has been fixed? It was a critical bug which a bunch of people thought caused an infinite loop causing the game to freeze. There was no CtD but if any druid casts Insect Plague, the game would hang indefinitely. The bug was not in the pair of files for v21 but was in the v24 beta. I didn't see any fixes for the v24-current in the readme.

Keep up the excellent work. I love this mod.

I found an issue in the improved Durlag's tower for BGEE. The LOVE.DLG for BGEE creates the AVARICEM/HATEM/PRIDEM creatures, but the LOVE.BCS override also creates these creatures, which leaves you with 3 NPCs being incorrectly doubled up.

Can reproduce: there's a change in BGEE relative to TUTU/BGT I hadn't picked up on. Fixed in v28.

Found the tiniest thing involving invalid text strings, like the example in the link from SCS's Fine Weapons component.

http://i5.minus.com/ifE2cGQv6A7ug.png

The invalid text also appears in mage pre-buffs, weapons and items added by Rogue Rebalancing and BG2 Tweaks, rebalanced proficiencies from BG2 Tweaks and dialogue with the Flaming Fist when you're caught stealing. Not sure what mod affects that though.

This seems to be an entirely cosmetic issue, you can take the proficiencies, buy and equip weapons and mage spells still work without any issue whatsoever, but I thought you'd like to know about it.

Can't reproduce; I suspect it's specific to your install. "Invalid:12345" is how BGEE reports missing strings; it probably means your dialog file didn't get properly updated when you installed for some reason. (Hotlink to dialog.tlk you didn't get rid of? Game open when you installed?)

I was going through the README and I was wondering if the slightly nurfed insect plague (which can be killed by fireshield) bug has been fixed? It was a critical bug which a bunch of people thought caused an infinite loop causing the game to freeze. There was no CtD but if any druid casts Insect Plague, the game would hang indefinitely. The bug was not in the pair of files for v21 but was in the v24 beta. I didn't see any fixes for the v24-current in the readme.

Yes (IIRC). It's in the bunch of things fixed en passant by my code rearrangement; they're not individually documented. (But let me know if I'm wrong and it's still lurking.)

Oh excellent! Thanks! Also, and I know you most likely don't have to support this but I am hopeful, when doing this install in a big world install (I have a bunch of small mods) and upgrading from the 2 v21 files, do you have a process for that? I am going to uninstall all of the v21 files which leaves me with an scs fully modded bg2 game, then install v27 on top of everything else, then run the gen-biff. I don't see any problems doing this, I just wanted to ask if you knew a better way or if there are huge pitfalls? I didn't install any other AI and I don't think there are any conflicts with this going last but I just wanted to ask.

I'm not really sure I understand (and I don't fully follow BWP installs) but you definitely shouldn't have any part of SCSI or SCSII installed when you try v27.

If you're going to try a BWP install, it might be better to wait till v28, which I think will be a bit more friendly to megamods.

I'm not really sure I understand (and I don't fully follow BWP installs) but you definitely shouldn't have any part of SCSI or SCSII installed when you try v27.
That's clear. but...

If you're going to try a BWP install, it might be better to wait till v28, which I think will be a bit more friendly to megamods.
The problem with this is that the files here, are hidden, meaning that I can see that there is supposed to be 3 files there, but I can't download any from there ! As there's no files to download. The same thing is for the SCS, I can only access the last versions(v27, for the 3 operation systems).

The BWS should keep the former links... but switching it like this is no good for the maintenance. Pin a link thread to the former versions(talking about the Windows v21's to both SCSI & SCSII) if you could(with warnings etc). Thanks.

Until we get the SCS to such state that the v21 is not needed anymore for the random user of the BWS.

That's clear. but...

The problem with this is that the files here, are hidden, meaning that I can see that there is supposed to be 3 files here, but I can't download any !

They're not hidden - they're not there at all. As I said on shsforums, the scsii former versions are under scs.

The same thing is for the SCS, I can only access the last versions(v27, for the 3 operation systems).

Works for me (even if I log out) - I get a download option.

Pin a link thread to the former versions(talking about the Windows v21's to both SCSI & SCSII) if you could(with warnings etc). Thanks.

I'm not keen to do this because I don't actually want people to use old versions of my mod. I'm ecumenical enough not to actually prevent them, but I have no desire to encourage it!

Archived