Kit Revisions Beta 20

Hi guys, I'm going to make a new party on BGT with the new IRv4 and SRv4. For a long time I was still playing with old versions but I saw all the modifications that have been made and I think that even if the final release are not ready, these beta versions should work fine.

Anyway I'd like to add KR because the idea is great but the task is tough ^^ and I wonder, all the indicated modifcations are implemented within the mod or does it concern only few classes?

Edited by Valandil

Hi guys, I'm going to make a new party on BGT with the new IRv4 and SRv4. For a long time I was still playing with old versions but I saw all the modifications that have been made and I think that even if the final release are not ready, these beta versions should work fine.

IRv4 and SRv4 are labeled as betas but in ther current build they are both very stable and hugely better than the old v3 ones.

Anyway I'd like to add KR because the idea is great but the task is tough ^^ and I wonder, all the indicated modifcations are implemented within the mod or does it concern only few classes?

KR's build currently includes Fighters (all kits, including Barbarian), Paladins (all kits), Rangers (excluding the Beastmaster) and the Monk (I love how we shaped it). Unlike IR and SR this is still a real beta stage. Most classes/kits are in great shape (all fighter kits, True Paladin & Inquisitor, Archer & Stalker, Monk) but others need a few fixes (e.g. True Fighter) or further revisions (Undead Hunter, and to a lesser extend Cavalier & True Ranger).

I have some work done on other classes but not included in the available build. I hope to get back on it asap, but don't hold your breath. :/

All right thanks for your return Demi. Good to know about the monk, my current and favourite class and I like the way you've built it. Now I just have to test it and give you my feedback as I'm an expert with this class ^^.

Edit : I was wondering, during the installation, can we choose which components we'd like to install like kits and revised settings? Haven't installed yet, tonight with a new configuration :).

Besides if I chose kits components or revised settings (thaco, saves, grandmastery), will it affect all creatures in BG including joignable characters?

Edited by Valandil

Edit : I was wondering, during the installation, can we choose which components we'd like to install like kits and revised settings?

Yes.

Besides if I chose kits components or revised settings (thaco, saves, grandmastery), will it affect all creatures in BG including joignable characters?

Grandmastery will always affect creatures (if they have it available).

Saves & THAC0 only if SCS is installed after ("Improved general AI" component).

Joinables will always be affected - their saves/THAC0 will adjust on the next level-up.

Joinables will always - will adjust on the next level-up.

Erhm, that's not the same thing. I for example remember a Meepo who was Kobold fighter who well had too many save throws a too few hitpoints to be a 1st level fighter, but really it didn't matter much as he left before level 2.. by design. :p

About saves, I mentionned in the monk's forum that I found a mistake. If the monk had the priest ST he should have 4/6/4/8/6 with +2 bonus at level 14 so 2/4/2/6/4 but I had 6/6/6/6/6. Made another test with shapeshifter and they didn't suit to those I've seen.

Another point with saves, aTweaks implements revised ST bonus with dwarves, halflings and gnomes. Does KR compatible with it? Even if there's some errors with ST that I can fix if necessary, I really want to make a new party with KR coz I really do like the concepts of revised ST, thaco and grandmastery.

BTW I found out that there were also a revised xp progression, excellent but I haven't seen a dedicated forum to this. I didn't look for it deeply but I'd appreciate if you had a link ^^.

Edited by Valandil

About saves, I mentionned in the monk's forum that I found a mistake. If the monk had the priest ST he should have 4/6/4/8/6 with +2 bonus at level 14 so 2/4/2/6/4 but I had 6/6/6/6/6. Made another test with shapeshifter and they didn't suit to those I've seen.

I reported this bug a while ago, I don't know when Demi last updated KR.

Another point with saves, aTweaks implements revised ST bonus with dwarves, halflings and gnomes. Does KR compatible with it?

No.

BTW I found out that there were also a revised xp progression, excellent but I haven't seen a dedicated forum to this. I didn't look for it deeply but I'd appreciate if you had a link ^^.

Everybody uses same rate as vanilla paladin/ranger.

Revised Saving Throws

About saves, I mentionned in the monk's forum that I found a mistake. If the monk had the priest ST he should have 4/6/4/8/6 with +2 bonus at level 14 so 2/4/2/6/4 but I had 6/6/6/6/6.

The 6/6/6/6/6 instead of 4/6/4/8/6 is intended. Priests have bad reflex saves average mental saves and good "constitution" saves while monks have average saves against everything.

The bug of the current build is quite simple (the clab file still list vanilla's spcl819 with 3% magic resist instead of dvcl819 with +2 to all saves). I fixed it ages ago but never uploaded a new build, I'll try to do it asap, maybe this week end.

Priests having average saves vs polymorph effects is not intended, I'll fix it too.

Another point with saves, aTweaks implements revised ST bonus with dwarves, halflings and gnomes. Does KR compatible with it?

KR nerfs those bonuses on purpose. Both vanilla and aTweak bonuses are insane imo.

You're right, I should open a topic on that matter.

Edited by Demivrgvs

Revised Saving Throws

About saves, I mentionned in the monk's forum that I found a mistake. If the monk had the priest ST he should have 4/6/4/8/6 with +2 bonus at level 14 so 2/4/2/6/4 but I had 6/6/6/6/6.

The 6/6/6/6/6 instead of 4/6/4/8/6 is intended. Priests have bad reflex saves average mental saves and good "constitution" saves while monks have average saves against everything.

The bug of the current build is quite simple (the clab file still list vanilla's spcl819 with 3% magic resist instead of dvcl819 with +2 to all saves). I fixed it ages ago but never uploaded a new build, I'll try to do it asap, maybe this week end.

Priests having average saves vs polymorph effects is not intended, I'll fix it too.

You're right, I should open a topic on that matter.

This week end would be great :D. I had noticed that the last update was in december 2013, and I was reluctant to take it but your work with IR&SR is a must-have so I did not hesitate that long :).

No need to hurry for that forum, I'll discover by myself.

Edited by Valandil

KR nerfs those bonuses on purpose. Both vanilla and aTweak bonuses are insane imo.

Tbh, I'm not 100% against shortie saves being even at +5 for high constitution. (per pnp :D ), there they're level limited instead. Penalty to XP can be easilly implemented, depending on race. Example - gnome gets 20%, dwarf&halfling 30% XP reduction.

No need to hurry for that forum, I'll discover by myself.

All right you chose that every class has the same xp progression which corresponds btw to the paladin's one. Why not that makes sense since you've decided that each class progress equally with their ST but the progression will be slow imo.

Edited by Valandil