Do Not Reveal City Maps

Vlan

hi there,

since I can't use v15 with my current setup I want to know if it's possible to make the BG2 city areas unexplored with BG2tweaks v14.

I was browsing through the setup of v15 and found the installation script of the component

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%file%.bcs~ BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING ~%file%.bcs~ ~override~
      DECOMPILE_AND_PATCH BEGIN
        REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[ %TAB%]Explore()~ ~ ~
      END
      BUT_ONLY

END

from what I can understand is that the script puts every areaxyz.bcs which is explored in the override folder and replaces every "[ %TAB%]Explore()" which it can find with "nothing".

However, in my area.bcs's the term which should get replaced does not exist. Even the Candlekeep Prologue map (AR0015.BCS, BGT), which is always revealed, does not have it.

Little bit confused right now, anybody here which could help me out?

Do i have to insert ...

Well, I would EXTEND_BOTTOM ...The .tp2 code for area ar0015;

EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar0015.bcs~ ~modname/areaunexplored.baf~

Note that the BG1EE's area code for the start area in candlekeep is ar2600, and the areas have different names in different total conversions, so you have to accord for this fact.

The "areaunexplored.baf"s code

IF
Global("areaunexploredar0015","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("areaunexploredar0015","GLOBAL",1)
UndoExplore()
END

I installed v15 in BG2 original, and I come out of Irenicus into the city with the full map revealed. I reinstalled - same thing. I see the above procedure, but was wondering if there might be console commanda that would fog it and maybe get rid of the map notes?

Perfect! I realize the mod isn't intended to do this, but what would it take to get rid of the pre-existing map notes?

Oh, dammit. When I was coding up the "do not reveal maps" component I thought about adding another component to do exactly this. It's actually a pretty straightforward piece of code, but in the end I declined because I thought no one would want it.

I'll look at it for the next release.

Archived