Issues with certain SCS components

Ser Elryk

I posted about this over at SHS but figured I'd just post it over here too.

I'm having two issues with my EET via BWS install.

1: The "NPCs go to inns" component of SCS was selected and installed successfully, but it doesn't seem to be functioning in-game (tried with both Kivan and Imoen).

2: Upon meeting Viconia (in BGEE) the Flaming Fist officer pursuing her never spawns. She just says "Thank you for helping" and then nothing happens. EDIT: the "Move NPCs to more convenient locations" component of SCS was also installed, so I encountered her just south of Beregost.

BiG World Debug.7z

Hello,

I also thought I had a problem with recruiting Viconia. It was very similar to what you described. I talked to her and nothing happened for minutes.

I ran around on the map ( and I think I actually moved to another map briefly) for quite some time until I finally stumbled upon that Flaming Fist guy way farther to the south

(on the same map) than Viconia was standing. So I assumed it was not really a bug but a timer issue. I have exactly that SCS (SCS v30) component installed.

Perhaps you should look around again. If you still have a save eventually someone will be able to look into this. I do not have a save any more.

As for "NPC don't go to Inn's", I can confirm that they simply stay where you left them. I read somewhere that you have to talk to them again to get a dialog option to send

them to an inn. I did not test it because Monti and Xzar are parked already at an inn where I threw them out :-)

Cheers

Christof

Hello,

I also thought I had a problem with recruiting Viconia. It was very similar to what you described. I talked to her and nothing happened for minutes.

I ran around on the map ( and I think I actually moved to another map briefly) for quite some time until I finally stumbled upon that Flaming Fist guy way farther to the south

(on the same map) than Viconia was standing. So I assumed it was not really a bug but a timer issue. I have exactly that SCS (SCS v30) component installed.

I'll have a look; possibly he's mis-placed.

As for "NPC don't go to Inn's", I can confirm that they simply stay where you left them. I read somewhere that you have to talk to them again to get a dialog option to send

them to an inn.

Was the "somewhere" the mod's readme? It says:

To send someone to an inn, first kick them out of the party. Then talk to them - you should be given the opportunity to ask them to go to an inn and await you there.

Hello,

I just tried that and he did indeed spawn a ways south-west of Viconia. It kind of makes the scene silly though when the FF mercenary and Viconia are speaking but Viconia's about 100 yards away lol.

I'll have a look; possibly he's mis-placed.

Hi. Thanks for checking =)

To send someone to an inn, first kick them out of the party. Then talk to them - you should be given the opportunity to ask them to go to an inn and await you there.

After kicking them out and then talking to them, only the two yes or no options are presented about whether you want them to rejoin. Which to my understanding is vanilla behavior?

After kicking them out and then talking to them, only the two yes or no options are presented about whether you want them to rejoin. Which to my understanding is vanilla behavior?

Yep; that's not working properly. Will check as/when I have a chance (EET is lower priority than straight BGEE/BG2EE). If someone can reproduce this on BGEE/BG2EE/TUTU/BGT let me know, as it's been working there in the past.

Yep; that's not working properly. Will check as/when I have a chance (EET is lower priority than straight BGEE/BG2EE). If someone can reproduce this on BGEE/BG2EE/TUTU/BGT let me know, as it's been working there in the past.

Thank you kindly =)

Hello,

Well, apparently ...

The more interesting question to me is what the behaviour in BG2EE (in EET) will be. I should arrive there in a few weeks to check :-)

Cheers

Christof

I can confirm that it only affects EET. This line in stratagems/gameplay/move_npcs.tpa:

LAF swap_text STR_VAR files=~%tutu_var%viconi.dlg~ swaps=~605.901 => 1620.420 507.806=> 1520.320~ END

should be changed to:

LAF swap_text STR_VAR files=~%tutu_var%viconi%eet_var%.dlg~ swaps=~605.901 => 1620.420 507.806=> 1520.320~ END

%eet_var% is already present in cpmvars included in the EET comparibility patch (lib/crossplatform.tph). It evaluates into '_' suffix when GAME_IS ~eet~ (standart EET renaming convention for BG1 resources conflicting with BG2).

1: The "NPCs go to inns" component of SCS was selected and installed successfully, but it doesn't seem to be functioning in-game (tried with both Kivan and Imoen).

edit: still testing.

ok, I think I know where the problem lays in this one (again only affects EET), but fixing it will be much harder due to the way SCS functions are coded - the mod doesn't take into account CAMPAIGN.2DA feature which allow assigning different PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA files for different campaigns. While I could code hackish workaround for this I think now that DavidW is around maybe he will be interested in writing it in his style since it would require editing some of his custom functions. For now this component should not be installed with EET. These dialogues may also show up when you kick somebody from SoA since the wrong PDIALOG.2DA has been used for setting up BG1 post dialogue variables. I will contact DavidW with more detail explanation about this issue.

As an alternative for now please use BG1 NPC Project component that does the same thing (although SCS covers more NPCs, so it's better than that one).

Archived