'Finalise EET' component (setup-EET_end)

BluePear

If I want to make a mod with an EET-Install as a base, do I still need to install the last component of EET-end after that mod? Because that would mean, I would need to reinstall that component everytime I test the changes to my mod. Or can I just install the complete EET and mod away?

Thanks for your work!

If I want to make a mod with an EET-Install as a base, do I still need to install the last component of EET-end after that mod? Because that would mean, I would need to reinstall that component everytime I test the changes to my mod. Or can I just install the complete EET and mod away?

Thanks for your work!

This would depend on the contents of the mod, primarily whether the mod adds/interjects with dialogues etc.

I have myself an EET-based mod (including NPCs, dialogues, scripts etc) and my understanding is that in this case I always would need to have that last component AFTER my mod. (Best for K4thos to confirm this assumption)

I have myself an EET-based mod (including NPCs, dialogues, scripts etc) and my understanding is that in this case I always would need to have that last component AFTER my mod. (Best for K4thos to confirm this assumption)

Thanks for your work!

Mini explanation before final "Developer’s Documentation.html" is ready.

First of all take a look at this file that lists all dialogues and scripts relevant to NPCs (mostly controlled by 2da files, but I also included override script and starting dialogue names there for reference)

https://cdn.rawgit.com/K4thos/EET/master/EET/docs/NPC%20reference%20table.htm

You edit those files exactly the same as you do in vanilla games. Nothing is changed when it comes to dlg STATES and the content of these files is mostly unchanged. The only thing you need to remember (well, not really if you use so called cpmvars which is preferable way of coding) are those few instances of renamed files (green cells in the spreadsheet - resources conflicting with BG2 have _ added at the end).

So what exactly last component in EET_end package does?

1. Automatically merges NPC JOIN dialogue files in order to make them valid through whole journey, even when going back to old areas from later portion of the game (and of course update every DLG and BCS file in game that refers to JOIN files to work correctly with this change by adjusting the STATE number and/or file name).

2. Updates 2da files that may have missing entries due to the way mods are coded

3. Exports TLK files to your save folder, so the next time you make a new installation (even with different mods) you will be able to convert your old saves to work with that new installation (first component of setup-EET_end)

In other words this last component is used mostly to NOT revolutionize the way modders work with EET. Without it adopting other mods to work with EET would be tricky. With it in place it's a matter of minutes (for mods with just BG2:EE content it can be done automatically as mentioned in this topic). The last component changes some stuff at the end to adopt it into the way EET works.

So technically you could make a mod only for EET that uses post EET_end state of the game as a base, but in such case don't forget to export TLK files to save folder at the end of your mod installation - otherwise the save updating feature my not work correctly due to missing strings.

edit: Discussion splitted into this new topic, in case there are more questions regarding it. Feel free to update the topic name.

After clicking on the link it says that folder /Public does not exist.

try this link: https://cdn.rawgit.com/K4thos/EET/master/EET/docs/NPC%20reference%20table.htm

and regarding this:

2. Updates 2da files that may have missing entries due to the way mods are coded

I see that this step is not yet finished in RC2. For some reason the code for expanding DIALOG and BANTER files when the DV entry is missing using code from other files is not present within tp2 file. Will be ready for Release Candidate 3. No worry for those who already started playing - I will post a mini patch here.

edit: seems to work as intended. ToB files are generated, so both vanilla content and mods installed before it works fine.

I have encountered the following issue with EET_end after successful installation of all parts of the Sandrah mod in EET:

[./override/CVIZY25J.dlg] loaded, 6009 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/CVIZY25J.dlg] loaded, 6009 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert num_states_*** or %num_states_***% to an integer
ERROR: [CVIZY25J.dlg] -> [EET/temp/append/dlg/CVIZY25J.d] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

My assumption is that this is the first of a number of my NPCs that only appear in ToB and later and thus do not have Joined files for the earlier game parts. In this specific case, PDDialog.2da has

CVIzzy *** *** *** CVIzy25P CVIzy25J CVIzy25D CVIzy25

Possible (short term) workaround would be to just fill the ***blanks in .PDDialog.2da, i.e.

CVIzzy CVIzy25P CVIzy25J CVIzy25D CVIzy25P CVIzy25J CVIzy25D CVIzy25

HOWEVER

NPCs like mine are also existing in other mods, e.g the joinable Sarevok or Irenicus from longer road, or Illyos in ToB, so the problem also affects other mods.

For the time I will apply the above workaround - just bring it to your attention as it affects other mods as well.

I have encoun...

Possible (short term) workaround would be to just fill the ***blanks in .PDDialog.2da, i.e.

CVIzzy CVIzy25P CVIzy25J CVIzy25D CVIzy25P CVIzy25J CVIzy25D CVIzy25

Wouldn't it be easier to just place the files the character uses actually uses on that... and if it doesn't use one, then have the one you "plan" to have there, even if it only compiles to nothing.

Aka use

CVIzzy CVIzzyP CVIzzyJ CVIzzyD CVIzy25P CVIzy25J CVIzy25D CVIzy25

.. or even more simply this:

CVIzzy CVIzzy CVIzzy CVIzzy CVIzy25P CVIzy25J CVIzy25D CVIzy25

...after all the it's a table that shows these:

2DA V1.0
multig
         POST_DIALOG_FILE JOIN_DIALOG_FILE DREAM_SCRIPT_FILE 25POST_DIALOG_FILE 25JOIN_DIALOG_FILE 25DREAM_SCRIPT_FILE   25OVERRIDE_SCRIPT_FILE
..and as you remember you should not copy .dlg files, but compile it from a .d file in weidu, which by the way patches the already existing one with the one you provide as an extension, not a overwrite copy..
Wouldn't it be easier to just place the files the character uses actually uses on that... and if it doesn't use one, then have the one you "plan" to have there, even if it only compiles to nothing.

that's how Sarevok has been added to BG2 although if modders use it differently than no problem in changing EET code. In fact I've just fixed this.

successful installation of all parts of the Sandrah mod in EET:

There is one new thing I have not described yet which affects your mod. EET uses CAMPAIGN.2DA file to assign different PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA files during BG1, SoD, BG2, ToB. This doesn't affect any mod on EET compatibility list (those installed on BG:EE already uses proper files and last component handles BG2 mods) but in your case Sandrah travels with you from BG1 to ToB, so normally you would need to also expand additional files listed in the CAMPAIGN.2DA.

To make it easier (and to automatically fix BG1 NPCs that haven't received update for vanilla SoD which also uses campaign system) I've just updated setup-EET_end last component to automatically expand those additional 2da files if DV is not yet present, so please reinstall this component again using the file attached to this post (it will be part of RC3 release).

Some other things that may be useful for your mod:

1. As you can see in CAMPAIGN.2DA following pairs of files are used in game:

- PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA - BG2

- BGDIALOG.2DA and BGBANTER.2DA - BG1 equivalents

- BDDIALOG.2DA and BDBANTER.2DA - SoD equivalents (btw, in vanilla SoD these files are used too for this purpose)

- 25DIALOG.2DA and 25BANTER.2DA - ToB equivalents (notice that EET doesn't use MoveToExpansion for ToB start, so those later columns in PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA are automatically moved here instead)

With the new version of setup-EET_end.tp2 if you just patch PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA in your mod than all other 2DA files will be aslo updated using these values. But that happens only if DV is not yet present in the file, which means you can assign different dialogues and dream scripts if you like.

2. When it comes to global scripts EET uses (again controlled by CAMPAIGN.2DA):

- BALDUR.BCS during BG1 and BG2 (since that is what BG1 and SoA mods expect)

- BDBALDUR.BCS during SoD (this is also true for vanilla SoD so I kept it for better compatibility with future SoD compatible mods)

- BALDUR25.BCS during ToB (again works like vanilla BG2:EE)

3. Feel free to add additional campaign to CAMPAIGN.2DA for your Return to Faerun post-ToB content if you like. You can also expand Campaign Selection screen easily.

setup-EET_end.tp2

that's how Sarevok has been added to BG2 although if modders use it differently than no problem in changing EET code. In fact I've just fixed this.

successful installation of all parts of the Sandrah mod in EET:

There is one new thing I have not described yet which affects your mod. EET uses CAMPAIGN.2DA file to assign different PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA files during BG1, SoD, BG2, ToB. This doesn't affect any mod on EET compatibility list (those installed on BG:EE already uses proper files and last component handles BG2 mods) but in your case Sandrah travels with you from BG1 to ToB, so normally you would need to also expand additional files listed in the CAMPAIGN.2DA.

To make it easier (and to automatically fix BG1 NPCs that haven't received update for vanilla SoD which also uses campaign system) I've just updated setup-EET_end last component to automatically expand those additional 2da files if DV is not yet present, so please reinstall this component again using the file attached to this post (it will be part of RC3 release).

Some other things that may be useful for your mod:

1. As you can see in CAMPAIGN.2DA following pairs of files are used in game:

- PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA - BG2

- BGDIALOG.2DA and BGBANTER.2DA - BG1 equivalents

- BDDIALOG.2DA and BDBANTER.2DA - SoD equivalents (btw, in vanilla SoD these files are used too for this purpose)

- 25DIALOG.2DA and 25BANTER.2DA - ToB equivalents (notice that EET doesn't use MoveToExpansion for ToB start, so those later columns in PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA are automatically moved here instead)

With the new version of setup-EET_end.tp2 if you just patch PDIALOG.2DA and INTERDIA.2DA in your mod than all other 2DA files will be aslo updated using these values. But that happens only if DV is not yet present in the file, which means you can assign different dialogues and dream scripts if you like.

2. When it comes to global scripts EET uses (again controlled by CAMPAIGN.2DA):

- BALDUR.BCS during BG1 and BG2 (since that's how current mods are coded)

- BDBALDUR.BCS during SoD (this is also true for vanilla SoD so I kept it for better compatibility)

- BALDUR25.BCS during ToB (again works like vanilla BG2:EE)

3. Feel free to add additional campaign to CAMPAIGN.2DA for your Return to Faerun post-ToB content if you like. You can also expand Campaign Selection screen easily.

Thanks once more for your enduring support - and good to see you have now some more free time apart from job,job,job..

1. I will use your new version of EET_end once I have adjusted the Pdialog.2da entries for my cast of NPCs

2. I understand this is for Baldur.bcs & co, not for NPC's scripts, (unless for special SoD characters), right? There is no specific script to be assigned during SoD, right? In ToB chapters, the system will automatically use the 25 scripts, right?

3. I will not use this at the moment, but I can see there is some potential for future use. In my game extensions this feature may be useful to give existing NPCs additional contents after ToB (your long-living elf and drow companions for example).

2. I understand this is for Baldur.bcs & co, not for NPC's scripts, (unless for special SoD characters), right? There is no specific script to be assigned during SoD, right? In ToB chapters, the system will automatically use the 25 scripts, right?

Only for global scripts (also dream scripts can be automatically swapped because that's controlled by PDIALOG variants used during each campaign).

As for the NPC override scripts they of course can be changed via

ActionOverride("Imoen2",ChangeAIScript("IMOEN",OVERRIDE))

but it must be done manually, not automatically.

If you're wondering if SoD expansion changes some Override scripts for old NPCs during SoD than yes, it does it for EDWIN, IMOEN (although she is not joinable at all during expansion), JAHEIRA, MINSC, RASAAD, DORN, NEERA, KHALID, SAFANA, BAELOTH. It's not my change - that's how vanilla SoD works too.

All of this is presented in the above mentioned spreadsheet. Of course that JOIN dialogue section is true only before you use setup-EET_end - after that if there is more than one JOIN file for particular NPC in different 2da files than they are merged together.

Only for global scripts.

As for the NPC override scripts they of course can be changed via

ActionOverride("Imoen2",ChangeAIScript("IMOEN",OVERRIDE))

but it must be done manually, not automatically.

If you're wondering if SoD expansion changes some Override scripts for old NPCs during SoD than yes, it does it for EDWIN, IMOEN (although she is not joinable at all during expansion), JAHEIRA, MINSC, RASAAD, DORN, NEERA, KHALID, SAFANA, BAELOTH. It's not my change - that's how vanilla SoD works too. All of this is presented in the above mentioned spreadsheet

Thanks again.

So I now have an installation with all content mods listed in sections 1+2 of EET compatibility list + some selected EET Tweaks + Worldmap + my own 3 mod parts. This should serve as a basis for the regression testing I plan to do, looking specifically into the areas that had issues in the beta EET tested some time ago plus the new SoD add-in.

So I now have an installation with all content mods listed in sections 1+2 of EET compatibility list + some selected EET Tweaks + Worldmap + my own 3 mod parts. This should serve as a basis for the regression testing I plan to do, looking specifically into the areas that had issues in the beta EET tested some time ago plus the new SoD add-in.

I assume you downloaded TDDz and Fishing for Troubles before my yesterday post confirming that the compatibility list is up to date? If yes than I have bad news for you :p Both of these mods have been recently updated to use final 1.0 chapter system (BG2 starts at chapter 13 instead of 15), so if this is the case than you will need to reinstall them.

https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/FishingForTrouble/commit/c3ede761da1db5b7b781002f6c711f1900d9a420

https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/TDDz/commit/d5a0d76cb34b0cbe51f49964179a4cfaedb65322

Same problem also exists in Wheels of Prophecy (waiting for pull request acceptation still, but there is a mini patch for this hosted on my GitHub).

I assume you downloaded TDDz and Fishing for Troubles before my yesterday post confirming that the compatibility list is up to date? If yes than I have bad news for you :p Both of these mods have been recently updated to use final 1.0 chapter system (BG2 starts at chapter 13 instead of 15), so if this is the case than you will need to reinstall them.

https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/FishingForTrouble/commit/c3ede761da1db5b7b781002f6c711f1900d9a420

https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/TDDz/commit/d5a0d76cb34b0cbe51f49964179a4cfaedb65322

Same problem also exists in Wheels of Prophecy (waiting for pull request acceptation still, but there is a mini patch for this hosted on my GitHub).

Ooops, I was just downloading between those updates, I have new FfT but old TDDz.

Probably best to do a new install in this case.

Thank you for the advice.

nah, just download these updated TDDz and FFT tp2 files and reinstall them - there shouldn't be any problem with doing so and it will be much faster than doing everything from scratch. But if you want to make completely new installation than at least wait few hours for EET RC3 release since there will be few minor fixes there.

nah, just download these updated TDDz and FFT tp2 files and reinstall them - there shouldn't be any problem with doing so and it will be much faster than doing everything from scratch. But if you want to make completely new installation than at least wait few hours for EET RC3 release since there will be few minor fixes there.

ok, I wait for RC3 and do some minor tuning to my mods meanwhile for things found in the setup logs of my mod. I prefer to start the game whith the best available configuration already known (given that i test two RC-type of mods - EET+Sandrah - at the same time).

PS - Wheels is in Section3 of the EET mod list, which I do not consider at this time.

Archived