Script modified, what's Wrong ?

deratiseur

Hello

There is a recurring bug reported for my mod, and i have find the cause, but i can't cure it, because i don't undestand what's appens....

This is the script :

IF

Global("pxwarlordg","LOCALS",0)

Class(Myself,MAGE)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("pxwarlordg","LOCALS",1)

ActionOverride(Myself,AddKit(PX_WARLORD_M))

END

In fact, this is a special kit for dual-classed character : The player have to create a fighter character with the kit (fighter version), then dualling to mage, and then the script give the mage kit (inivisible at character creation) to the character.

When someone report me that "i don't get the mage kit", i ask for the bcs associed with the kit, and there is always the same bug :

IF

Class(Myself,MAGE)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ActionOverride(Myself,AddKit(PX_SORCELERERB))

END

or

IF

Class(Myself,MAGE)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ActionOverride(Myself,AddKit(16664))

END

Something change the reference to the mage kit. What's the hell ???? What can change a reference in an overrided script ? Is there a way to forbid this and fix the bug ? please, help me :(

The value is associated with a symbol based on the local KIT.IDS. So their IDS is different from yours.

My guess would be a mod incompatibility (somebody is stealing your kit slot), or a bug in your mod (somehow you're not installing correctly). There's no way to tell from just that script block.

Archived