CLONE woes

kreso

@subtledoctor, yeah,... but the effect needs to be in the spell only if the original creature cloned possesses the immunity.

That's why match_opcode and match_resource. If either of those is not present, the new effect is not created. (multi_match = 1 is just there for safety's sake, it can probably be omitted.)

Question about DELETE_SPELL_EFFECT.

I'm trying to remove 206 vs spwi513b from spell shield spell.

Code I use won't work.

COPY_EXISTING ~spwi519.spl~ ~override~
LPF DELETE_SPELL_EFFECT
INT_VAR
match_opcode = 206
STR_VAR
match_resource = spwi513b

Code I use won't work.

LPF DELETE_SPELL_EFFECT

That's cause it doesn't take match_opcode -variable.

But it will only take opcode_to_delete -variable

So try:

LPF DELETE_SPELL_EFFECT
INT_VAR
opcode_to_delete = 206
END

And yeah,. that's a bit more destructive than you might hope it to be. ... yeah. Sad.

You might wish to replicate the marco and use it as the base to make your own, or ask CamDawg's help. And then of course get it included to weidu.exe ... so others can use it too. :devlook:

Yeah the differences between X_EFFECT vs. X_SPELL_EFFECT / X_ITEM_EFFECT can be confusing.

My rule of thumb is, use the old ones (with _SPELL_ / _ITEM_) when *adding* a brand new effect. Because there is no ADD_EFFECT among the newer functions. (Though you could try to use CLONE to approximate it.) use the newer (shorter) functions in all other circumstances.

The one exception is when you want to use a negative number. ALTER_EFFECT and CLONE_EFFECT, to my knowledge, cannot apply a penalty by, say, doing a 278 "thac0 bonus" with a -1 value. But the older functions can use a negative value - "(0 - 1)"

Archived