[Solved]Faiths and Powers breaks after EET conversion

AL|EN

Thanks k4thos, i was going to try to do something similar. Did you happen to notice, when the loop and installation stopped, was d5_CF_CLANG in fact in kitlist.2da (at the last row?)

it is there. I've changed the code like this:

//getting kit code
        COPY_EXISTING ~kitlist.2da~ ~override~

=>

//getting kit code
        COPY_EXISTING + ~kitlist.2da~ ~.~
        COPY_EXISTING ~kitlist.2da~ ~override~

and the last version of kitlist.2da right before the error looks like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35433122/kitlist.2da

no idea why your loop can't detect it

Sounds like maybe a problem with the fl#_add_kit_ee function...?

Anyway thanks for helping to narrow down the problem. i should be able to troubleshoot it now.

Also, I'll suggest some improvements for Aquadrizzt in the QD_multi function: 1) maybe don't require 10 columns... as the function only cares about columns 1 and 5. And 2) add a PATCH_IF VARIABLE_IS_SET before trying to use %kit_code%. And PRINT an error message but continue the installation when the variable is not set.

I can't install EET at the moment. Work wifi doesn't like the beamdog client* (nor github, for that matter). But I have installed fnp in vanilla BGEE and there are 10 columns in kitlist.2da for all kits (including D5_CF_CLANG). I'm installing in BG2EE as well, and D5_CF_CLANG just installed. I copied kitlist.2da and pasted it to my desktop, and it has 10 columns for all kits so far, including D5_CF_CLANG (except GRIZZLY_BEAR, but I don't see why that would matter)...

* ie i can't install sod atm and so can't install eet.

@subtledoctor

You are right about fl#_add_kit_ee. The kit checks for bgee bg2ee and iwdee but not eet. That's almost certainly the problem

that's only true for older versions. fl#_add_kit_ee included in F&P (Date: 2016-04-02, 1.1.2) doesn't use GAME_IS at all.

@subtledoctor

You are right about fl#_add_kit_ee. The kit checks for bgee bg2ee and iwdee but not eet. That's almost certainly the problem

that's only true for older versions. fl#_add_kit_ee included in F&P (Date: 2016-04-02, 1.1.2) doesn't use GAME_IS at all.

The most recent version that I'm aware of is version 0.60. In that version, we have

//EE KIT EXTRAS_____________________________________________________________________ ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee iwdee~ THEN BEGIN LAF fl#add_kit_ee INT_VAR briefdesc = RESOLVE_STR_REF (@47103) STR_VAR kit_name = D5_CF_CLANG clswpbon = ~1 0 3~ END END

I think k4thos is talking about the fl#add_kit_ee function itself. But Grammarsalad is talking about the kit's .tpa file, where it calls the function. That is almost certainly the cause of this problem. I've submitted an updated version of the .tpa file to Grammarsalad. Should be fine once the main version of the mod is upated.

Btw anyone who experienced this bug, only experienced it because they are not using the beta version of the mod that I have told people to use. The official current beta is the one at my dropbox link. I have very specifically made that available for use by others. That is what I tested when I said "can not reproduce the bug." That version installs fine on EET.

Please do not use any other version of the mod until we say so. Please do not have BWS grabbing the mod from Github until we officially release the open beta for that purpose.

Guys, I'm using version from dropbox link, even if github has backup folder + VERSION .60 and dropbox has VERSION .58. Besides the one line, there is no other difference between dropbox and github.

If there is no difference, then that is a problem. Version 060 on github does not have the EET check.

IIRC, there have been a few *versions* of version 0.58. 0.60 was based off of an *earlier* version of version 0.58. Note that this is all before we uploaded to github, and so this sort of thing shouldn't happen again. But, it's one of the reasons why we hadn't yet had an official release. We needed to organize a bit first.

Anyway, the version 0.58 in dropbox has since been updated with the change. As of right now, github has not been updated as neither of us are able to do it atm. But a version 0.61 will be uploaded tomorrow with all the changes (and more)

Edit:

Look in the cf_clangeddin.tpa.

Located: faiths_and_powers/kits/multiclass/471_cf_clangeddin
If it checks for eet before applying fl#add_kit_ee, and you still get the error, then it's a different issue.

Yes, that was it - I've added 'eet' and no problem with installation :jump: Next time when there will be a mod which will install fine but fails to install at EET, GAME_IS will be the first tinhg which I will check. Also, I've changed topic name. Thank you again.

Yes, that was it - I've added 'eet' and no problem with installation :jump: Next time when there will be a mod which will install fine but fails to install at EET, GAME_IS will be the first tinhg which I will check. Also, I've changed topic name. Thank you again.

Yeah, I had a feeling that it was something simple...

Anyway, I'm glad it installs. A public beta should be released tomorrow

Archived