SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

I remember a discussion about (Un)Holy Word spell. With haste/slow sectypes added, it gets a new sectype due to it having a slowing effect attached to it.This means that

a) it dispels haste; which is fine

b) haste counters it; which isn't fine

It should probably have a "disabling" sectype imo.

Also, I've noticed a lot of spells (mostly innates such as succubus charms and similar) can't be removed via Break Enchantment. I'll try to find and fix all of them.

Downloaded Readme there - SR Readme Gibberlings3, well what can I say on the first look - would be better if readme made in the format like that:

---- Before ---- ---- After ----

And will be MUCH more better if you will try to explain the reason of some changes. Of course I am not a real modder, but I know how to hard sometimes to make a large Readme - I have ma own cosmetic GUI snow for a BG1+SoD, and BG2 on github, and even in case of a small mod - my readme is large... So I just can imagine, how large may be detailed readme in your case guys :) .

Anyway I will read this stuff, just curious what it changes. The wods like a "Global Rebalane" is scaring me :) Anyway I know that BG series is pretty unbalanced...

Is there any way to integrate the beta into an already fully modded BGT game with Spell Revisions 3.1?

Respectively, what would happen if I would install SR4 BEta + SCS SR over my current install (SR3.1 + SCS30.)?

Edited by Vlan

Is there any way to integrate the beta into an already fully modded BGT game with Spell Revisions 3.1?

There is, but I wouldn't recommend it (you'd be spending several days work tweaking stuff with an editor). Depending on your install (I assume SCS and aTweaks) your spells will not protect you from some stuff, they will not dispel some stuff, and AI will often be using different spells than you do.

If you really want v4 on your game I'd reinstall.

I suppose I would have to do a fresh install of BGT, SR4, atweaks and SCS SR and then do a file check for every file in the overriden folder to make SR4 work in my current build?

That almost certainly will not work. At the least, a tons of text strings will be off.

Why not do the fresh install and just, y'know, play that install?

I suppose I would have to do a fresh install of BGT, SR4, atweaks and SCS SR and then do a file check for every file in the overriden folder to make SR4 work in my current build?

That almost certainly will not work. At the least, a tons of text strings will be off.

Why not do the fresh install and just, y'know, play that install?

2 years of work and more than 10.000 manual fixes and changes.

Gonna make a small update next week. I'm gonna release it as a seperate package; when Demi becomes more active he can include it.

For now, what I did/will do:

1) Holy Word/Unholy Word will dispel haste but are no longer counterable by it - you will be able to counter them with Break Enchantement/Freedom etc. To dispel Holy Word effects with Haste or Oil of Speed is silly; and is an unintended consequence of regexp mass patching.

2) further tweaks to Spell Deflection code (hopefully no more hickups this time)

3) traps - most of them I modified to use the correct saving throw (thnx to Subtledoctor for the code; I've made this a long time ago and I think SR could benefit from this for consistency, if only as a seperate component)

4) enemy abilities. This is on my to-do list, and I'll see what I can make of it to make the game more balanced and fun. Some spells enemies use (Divine Mantle and similar) are coded to work as vanilla spells; which creates a discrepancy with SR ruleset. I'll tweak them to adhere to the new rules; by either modifying save type/bonus or overall effect. Example, Mel's Divine Mantle works like a longer-lasting vanilla Apsolute Immunity.

Cute, but given SR's Apsolute Immunity is *apsolute* it's only fair Mel gets the same candy...

5) Haste reverted to AoE

6) I don't know what to do about MSIX. The spell is broken; I'll probably make a component which balances it. Greater Werewolves seem fitting but they don't really fill the role of the basilisk (i.e. basilisk have low hp and are disabling summons, while werewolf is a dps/tank kind of a summon).

6) If anybody has suggestions/ideas/has found things that are disbalanced and similar, post them. I'll make all of these into seperate components so anybody will be able to install whatever he likes and if one wants basilisk galore, he can have it. :cool:

6) If anybody has suggestions/ideas/has found things that are disbalanced and similar, post them. I'll make all of these into seperate components so anybody will be able to install whatever he likes and if one wants basilisk galore, he can have it. :cool:

If it is possible, it would be cool to have, as an optional component, a spell that grants immunity to dispelling, like the old SR dispelling screen or spell shield (adding immunity to dispelling to spell shield would probably be enough imo). The new dispelling screen is really cool, but not having a spell that grants immunity to dispelling can be quite harsh in end game SoA/ToB.

Thanks for your work Kreso! :thumbsup:

The new dispelling screen is really cool, but not having a spell that grants immunity to dispelling can be quite harsh in end game SoA/ToB.

I'm not sure I understand. Dispelling Screen does exactly that. You want a spell that works as vanilla game SI:Abjuration?

I don't remember exactly what vanilla SI: Abjuration does, but I am referring to a spell that grants the caster immunity to all dispelling attempts (but not immunity to breach) for its duration, not just against the first attempt like the new dispelling screen. There has always been one spell that did have this effect in Spell Revision, up until beta v12 or so when the new dispelling screen was implemented.

Now the new dispelling screen is really too cool to be changed, so I propose to add, as an optional component of course, 'dispel immunity' to spell shield.

Edited by Wyrd