Mod Compatibility List for EET

Hmm, have installed EET today with Valerie preinstalled on BG1EE...

Maybe the backslash in the weidu.log prevents the installation, here is my weidu.log entry:

~VALERIE/VALERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Valerie NPC Mod for BG1 Tutu: v1.1 BWP Fix

Yes, changed it in the Weidu.log and now EET is running.

It was the only entry in the log with the backslash however Weidu did that???

PS Maybe it was my using the new Weidu version required for EET already in BGEE as well?

Edited by Roxanne
PS Maybe it was my using the new Weidu version required for EET already in BGEE as well?

no idea, but we can change the code to accept both back and forward slash. Wasn't aware that weidu could print it differently.

As for the previous post:

???This is what I would have guessed BUT what about mods like Grey Clan or DSotSC?

It would be best to install both of them in the order suggested by BWP, but I doubt it will matter if you install those 2 after EET (so after most of those BG:EE mods) like you did the last time. They won't conflict with anything in BG2 (neither will those mods installed on BG:EE). The only thing that may cause a problem here would be a situation in which some other BG:EE mod have conflict with one of them when installed earlier. And since you didn't notice problems with DSotSC in your last play through with huge selection of BG1 mods installed before it, than the chance that such conflicts exist is small. Let's hope that in future more BG:EE mods will be updated to have native EET support, so they won't have to be installed on BG:EE (which slows down conversion significantly btw.).

But of course always try to follow BWP suggestions regarding mods install order to minimize chance for conflicts. Also avoid installing components that conflicts with each other (BWS usually warns about them). Example from the first post:

Compatibility with EET doesn't mean that mods are fully compatible with each other - refer to BWP PDF files, original readme files and forum discussions for compatibility details. For example Garrick : tales of a troubadour readme file states that it conflicts with Garrick's Infatuation and Tenya NPC and it is not recommended to install them together. Same readme file also mentions that the mod requires BG1 NPC Project installed before it.
Edited by K4thos

EET installation failed

Copied [EET/temp/patch/bcs/BG0125.bcs] to [EET/temp/patch/bcs/BG0125.bcs] (NO BACKUP MADE!)
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [EET/tbl/compatibility.tbl] -> [EET/tbl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Sys_error("EET/temp/patch/itm/dragred1.itm: No such file or directory"))

BGEE log

EET debug

https://www.sendspace.com/file/talk35

PS I checked that dragred1.itm exists in my BGEE, (it is added by BG1NPC mod).

Also attempted to put a copy of it into EET/temp/patch/itm/

Installation keeps failing with same error each time.

Edited by Roxanne

Hmm, you didn't install the "The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran" component, I added a check for the deletion of files (https://github.com/K4thos/EET/commit/1fe846c4ec049c0a4a82f90ff762625f15c94e93), please redownload EET or put the attached include.tph to EET/compat/bg1npc and try again. :)

include.zip

Edited by White Agnus

Hmm, you didn't install the "The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran" component, I added a check for the deletion of files (https://github.com/K4thos/EET/commit/1fe846c4ec049c0a4a82f90ff762625f15c94e93), please redownload EET or put the attached include.tph to EET/compat/bg1npc and try again. :)

Just an hour ago I came to the same conclusion (I have made a similar mistake in my mod long time ago not taking into account subcomponents).

I have meanwhile added the missing component to my BGEE install and EET is running with that (sorry, I cannot test your patch anymore).

EET is now installed, thanks for your help.

Edited by Roxanne

Roxanne, could you please upload your BG:EE weidu.log? Also please check which weidu was used in BG:EE directory. White Agnus mentioned that he had some problems with installation receiving "Out of memory" message, so we need to find out if this is problem with the newest weidu beta or maybe EET installation can't handle conversion of so many files at once.

edit: never mind, I see that you've posted the log in one of previous posts. And you had both BG1NPC and AJANTISBG1 which triggered the error for WN when installed together. Strange thing. I will try to run an installation with all mods from compatibility list at once and see if weidu will be able to handle it.

Edited by K4thos

Roxanne, could you please upload your BG:EE weidu.log? Also please check which weidu was used in BG:EE directory. White Agnus mentioned that he had some problems with installation receiving "Out of memory" message, so we need to find out if this is problem with the newest weidu beta or maybe EET installation can't handle conversion of so many files at once.

edit: never mind, I see that've posted the log in one of previous posts. And you had both BG1NPC and AJANTISBG1 which triggered the error for WN when installed together. Strange thing. I will try to run an installation with all mods from compatibility list at once and see if weidu will be able to handle it.

With respect to WEIDU, I used the unstable 38001 that EET was supposed to use in BGEE and also for EET (which is now successfully installed). I then started to install the post-EET large mods, starting with Ascension (freshly downloaded) which has upgraded Weidu to a newer version 38002 by now.

Edited by Roxanne

Another question for install list

I am currently installing selected mods from your 2. category (mods to be installed after EET without patches)

I will use the contents mods and worldmap but none of the tweaks (they may add clutter for the mod testing I will do on that installation).

The only tweak I consider is your EET - Tweak, but no information where would be the right point in sequence to install that one?

The only tweak I consider is your EET - Tweak, but no information where would be the right point in sequence to install that one?

always worth reading the readme file compatibility section ;)

This mod should be installed at the end, after any mod that alters CRE, BCS, DLG, ITM, SPL, EFF files. You can safely keep it as the last mod in your load order (even after Widescreen and BP-BGT Worldmap), which will allow you to install/uninstall/re-install components during play through, without risking breaking other mods.

You don't need to worry about components installation order - weidu is smart enough to reinstall previous components if needed. For example you can install 'Party XP for quests distributed individually' before or after installing 'Adjust XP for quests' component. The outcome will be the same.

If you are going to use XP related components than you should avoid installing Ding0 Experience Fixer (DEF JAM), as it does the same thing, but compared to this mod is less precise, flexible and doesn't cover mod related SPL, ITM, EFF files and new ChangeStat action added by EE engine (at least the version v6 that was the most recent one when I was writing this readme).

Don't forget to read compatibility section in the description of each component you want to install. If it is mentioned that the same functionality is available elsewhere and you have conflicting mod installed already than installer will skip these components.

that late install order suggestion refers mostly to these components (most of them work globally on files in game, including those from mods):

- Adjust XP for Traps, Spells and Lockpicking

- Adjust XP for killing creatures

- Adjust XP for quests

- Party XP for quests distributed individually

- Adjust FPS and fix audio skipping in cutscenes

- Protagonist can die

- Disable hostile reaction after charm

- Remove junk from global scripts (this one checks if the script block looks exactly the same as in vanilla - otherwise skips patching)

Other doesn't matter. And of course it doesn't need to be the very LAST mod in install order. That part is just to let you easily uninstall if you change your mind during game. In other words install it like any other tweak mod - after mods that adds content. And becouse EET Tweaks can detect BG2 Tweaks changes it should be installed after it.

Edited by K4thos

Input for analysis

One of the important sources of information for analysis in the game is Weidu.log.

In EET there are now two such files one from BGEE and one from BG2EE starting with EET.

Would it not be helpful to copy the BGEE Weidu.log during EET install and append the succeeding installation to it?

You would always be able to determine in which part of the game a mod is by the reference to EET in the log, but only one log would provide you with the complete information about what is in the game at a glance.

Input for analysis

One of the important sources of information for analysis in the game is Weidu.log.

In EET there are now two such files one from BGEE and one from BG2EE starting with EET.

Would it not be helpful to copy the BGEE Weidu.log during EET install and append the succeeding installation to it?

You would always be able to determine in which part of the game a mod is by the reference to EET in the log, but only one log would provide you with the complete information about what is in the game at a glance.

I think you might need to comment out the part from BGEE so that WeiDU doesn't trip out if you ask it to uninstall everything in the log...

Input for analysis

I think you might need to comment out the part from BGEE so that WeiDU doesn't trip out if you ask it to uninstall everything in the log...

I had thought of this as well - but what would be the real-life scenario to do such a thing? Would it not be easier to simply delete your BG2EE game and start fresh? If you roll back, the last thing to uninstall would be EET and that leaves you with the unmodded BG2EE - same result but more cumbersome to achieve.