help for newbies and dumb ppl

New GemRB 2017

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ognik

Ognik
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

Ther is someone with kind heart in the deapth of this forum ready to fight crime in the name of justice, and finde time to make new guide to GemRB for 0.8.4   https://sourceforge....naries/android/    ?

#2 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 2990 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

Nothing changed in that area, so there's no need for a new guide. Just like with a comp: install the software, install the data (game), configure as needed and run.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Market android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#3 PracticalKat

PracticalKat
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

The instructions I found at http://gibberlings3....showtopic=24482 really helped me.  Assume you have seen this?

Here are my notes over and above this (from Dec 2014, but think still relevant):

General procedure:
- Download latest dated apk from Sourceforge
- Allow installation of unverfied apk's under Security
- Install on device
- Modify gemrb.cfg under /sdcard/Android/data/net.sourceforge.gemrb/files (may be different for you -  I could not get it to run off an external USB drive) 
Note: made a ./bak directory and copied the original gemrb.cfg there

- Take install on PC
-  Install Widescreen with GemRB option and desired resolution under Windows (1040x600)
- Copy to Android gemrb directory next to  bg2

NNB: Widescreen modified files are copied to ./override under the game directory.  Noted in forum discussion that it is better to have all overrides in the folder under the apk install directory. 
⇒ Keep this in mind if installing other mods later

NOTE: When installing with updated resolution, need to manually clear out the iwd2/cache directory

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New, GemRB, 2017

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users