Accepable use of copyrighted images in portrait pack?

paol

Usually, if you want to have a mod hosted anywhere, you PM an admin or global moderator with a proposal. For general mod submissions, G3 prefers a working alpha, but not all communities require them. Portrait mods are a bit different, though. Since they're pretty much just a directory dump, there's no code to evaluate, but portrait mods chew up bandwidth like no tomorrow. It's up to the individual community whether they can afford the bandwidth or not.

Cassinus is a really old site, back when the editing tools were scarce and poor, and we didn't have the portrait generators, and not the multitude of the portraits we have nowadays (i.e. post Lord of the Rings and Photoshop revolution)... For the times, they had a very complete collection, that actually had some racial choices (limited, yes, but it had them) and it was easily filterable. You also could only download each portrait one by one. Heh, times fly... I still remember one of my avatars from there, a lady in flowing grey. I guess I have a nostalgic fondness for Cassinus.

One of these days I will actually play DA, and can generate my own portrait, woot!

You can also download the character creator (it's free).

Archived