Discussion: BG2 Kit Creation Series

I'd suggest using Disable Button, as Cam suggested. :(

The problem with this comes with the spell casting - the spell slots would still be there to memorise, though you'd not actually be able to cast them, so it's not perfect. This is what I did for the Justifier kit in Unfinished Business.

Ditto on the Disable Button...

For the spell slots, can't you use effect #62 Priest Spell Slots Modifier? Just use one effect for every level and give negative spell levels.

Yes, though bonus spells can be a problem here. And we do this for Cleric Remix and it causes bugs for no particular reason.

Try changing your duration from "Instant/Permanent (1)" to "Instant/Permanent After Bonuses (9)"

* It should fix the problems you've been having with it

* It allows modifying each spell level in one shot, thus reducing the number of files. So instead of applying a -1 to each spell individually, you can do all 7 of them at once in one file (unless you have other reasons to want to do them separately)

* Import / exporting the character won't effect your modifications

IIRC this might have been brought up earlier ~ so it's possible to have 2 kits in a dualclass active at the same time? So when some character duals from... say a Kensai to a Priest, it is possible to disable the Kensai kit (the name/description, but NOT the bonuses, abilities, etc.) by making a dialogue come up for the character when he/she duals?

-Galactygon

IIRC this might have been brought up earlier ~ so it's possible to have 2 kits in a dualclass active at the same time?

Only one kit at a time is ever active. Kit abilities may remain but the description will be gone and you will no longer level up in a kit that you have subsequently overridden.

So when some character duals from... say a Kensai to a Priest, it is possible to disable the Kensai kit (the name/description, but NOT the bonuses, abilities, etc.) by making a dialogue come up for the character when he/she duals?

I haven't tried.

Hello, vhat can I say? I am new to phucking with my game and I have a couple of

questions.

Is it possible to dupe (or emulate) the monk's fist with other classes ala a

kit? Such as hands that kill (instead of hands that knock down) with the

increasing damage and thaco bonuses native to monks (ie 1-20+4 at 25 and what

not)? I can't figure out if this is a hard-coded limitation of the monks as

their fists do not seem to be a spell in their CLAB, but I am completely new to

this. I guess this questions begs for a "workaround" of some sort, perhaps a

script?

If I edit a class's clab file (such as the monk's), will that effect every npc

of that class in the game? I accidentally spoiled myself (please warn if you

shall spoil further as I am about to. . .*SPOILER WARNING*----|)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|

|

|

|

\ /

\

reading that there are monks of some type in ToB. I was considering adding

what may be psychotically unbalancing spells to the monk's CLAB, but I don't

know if I'd like it on the receiving end (not the 500+ to hit and 900+ to

damage, the immunities, silly).

Well ain't I an idiot if I haven't gone an forgotten' me better-grammer-than

Gaelan manners! Just wanted to thank ye all for ye great tuts and what not,

such a helpful place ye all be havin'! Ye ye ye ye. . .YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*Nervous breakdown*

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

©®

^---..----^: le megalobird (will feast upon you) ©®

\/

Editing a CLAB will effect every creature that uses it, but to a limited degree. The engine definitely re-calculates CLAB effects when a creature joins the party, but I do not believe that it will recalculate Balthazar when you fight him. I haven't tested the latter part rigorously, but it has been my observation to this point. (For example, changing the CLAB files in Cleric Remix has no effect on clerics in the game; we need to adjust their memorized spells manually. However changing, say, Flame Blade will affect them as the spell is already in their memory and they'll access the updated spl/itm files when they cast it.)

The monk class is semi-hardcoded. You won't find the spells to upgrade their fists in their CLAB file, but you can find the fist items--take a look at the MFIST[0-7] item files.

Guest MisterE

hi,

I'm trying to make 3 kits, but I'm stuck before I even began: I can't find the files mentioned in the tutorial (well, I can find some, but not all). SoA + ToB installed + patches; no hidden files. Only looked in the entire SoA directory, all (i think) 2da-files found were in the override directory.

Am I supposed to add them myself? Do I need to install something extra, or did I install something too much and need to reinstall the game?

I'm more or less a noob at these things, so I'm probably gonna ask a lot of stupid questions, I hope you'll bear with me :blush:

thx

regards,

E

Game files are actually stored in biff files--you'll only find them in the override folder if a mod or patch needs to override the original ones in the biffs with changes. To view the all files (whether still in the bifffs or in the override file), you'll need to use an editor such as Near Infinity or DLTCEP. I believe Infinity Explorer can also view files in biffs.

I followed the instructions for creating a kit, editing all the files listed manually (I thought it would be easier than using WeiDU). Everything is working fine save that my character with the kit can't put proficiency blips in weapons at char creation and level up. I dont know if I have missed something or stuffed something up somewhere. Please help?