SR V4 Beta 15

enemies don't make use of the new spells (as expected.....)

You and I have different ideas about what "incompatible" means...

Yeah, I should have clarified better :jump: : the mod itself installs correctly, but the enemies don't make use of the new spells, which is bad for obvious reasons......

This is something that will hopefully be addressed in the (near?) future...... The same holds for IWDification........

Edited by Luke

That requires AI modification... neither SR nor IWDification attempts that.

I honestly don't think it's a big deal. Every caster knows 10 or 15 spells and only puts 5 or so into memorization slots. So if none of the enemy casters happen to memorize Sunscorch, it's not unrealistic. Yes, it would be better if they could use more spells against you, but the fact that they don't isn't a problem.

Note aldo that SR doesn't just add spells; it improves many existing spells (so that does help the AI) and it adds some new spells by overwriting vanilla spells. Often that overwriting is done so as to work with existing AI scripts.

So SoD gets 2 of the 3 major benefits of SR. And as a wise man sang, "2 out of 3 ain't bad."

That requires AI modification... neither SR nor IWDification attempts that.

Yes, true, but only for SoD..... For BG(2)EE we have Revised SCS ;)

Having said that, you're probably right, I was too pessimistic: as you pointed out, SR improves many existing spells (especially Summoning Spells IMHO), so I do think I'll install it on SoD and see what happens..... The AI* will never cast Sunscorch -----> I'll deal with it......

One question though: what about Detectable Spells? Does it need to be updated before playing on v2.5?

*Often that overwriting is done so as to work with existing AI scripts: I do hope you're right about this......

Edited by Luke

Hey Kreso,

quick bug I noticed (regarding your insect changes haha)

spell_rev\lib\insects.tph, line 40 and 49

COPY_EXISTING ~sppr218.spl~ ~override~LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECTINT_VARopcode = 146target = 1 // selfparameter1 = 0parameter2 = 1power = 0STR_VARresource = k1#insectEND 
should be
COPY_EXISTING ~sppr318.spl~ ~override~LPF ADD_SPELL_EFFECTINT_VARopcode = 146target = 1 // selfparameter1 = 0parameter2 = 1power = 0STR_VARresource = k1#inseEND 
cleric gust of wind spell was not given the ability to clear insects.

Edit- thanks bartimaeus!

Edited by Relay

Can you give a rundown of the exact situation where you feel there is an error? SPWI603A.eff, which sets the caster's ApR to 1.5, and SPWI603B.eff, which sets your APR to 2.0, only come into effect if you are a non-fighter arcane caster - where your base ApR would only always be 1 anyways.

How so? Are there weird arcane classes/kits that have been added that change that?

There are also Bows, Daggers, and Darts, which naturally grant 2-3 APR, but would be overridden by the spell.

This is the main issue. Shapechange and Polymorph Self APR is also overriden.

Another issue is that the mod doesn't seem to switch from spwi603a.eff to spwi603b.eff when the caster's level reaches 13, so you're always stuck with 3/2 apr instead of 2 apr.

I'm playing with a sorcerer btw.