Photo

Bugs and discrepancies in v.6

34 replies to this topic

#31 DavidW

DavidW
  • Gibberlings
  • 4516 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:59 AM

But mine has the head start that comes from just having got back from the UK and being jet-lagged :)

#32 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:51 AM

Something I've been meaning to report for literal years now, but have kept forgetting: the "ToB-style NPCs" subcomponent seems to really screw up Imoen in BG2 in a BGT install. IMOEN10, IMOEN15, IMOEN211, IMOEN213, and IMOEN6 start her off as a faux level 24 mage. She doesn't actually have the abilities of a level 24 mage, but that's what she's set to, so basically she's permanently gimped. I do not know why, since none of her file variants pre-installing this component are level 24. Literally every time I've ever used this component over the years, this has happened, and somehow I've failed to mention it until now. Whoops.

weidu.log from an install I just tested this with before uninstalling that single component and seeing that she was back to normal again (yes, this is all I had installed when I checked, I'm in the middle of a game rebuild and I would like to use this component, but alas):

Spoiler

(On a side-note, BG2 party members that are in BG1 - e.g. Minsc and Jaheira - will start with their BG1 version at level 1 instead of their lowest level BG2 variants. A little odd, but not necessarily a problem - certainly not compared to this Imoen one.)

Edited by Bartimaeus, 14 October 2018 - 08:58 AM.

#33 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9724 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:04 AM

Find couple of things in new v.7. Platform is old vanilla BG:TotSC. Component "Stackable ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v7" does nothing useful, quite opposite in fact, it not only refuse to stack Winterwolf pelts, it eats them also so if you for example put 3 pelts in your inventory in the end you will end with just 1. Also it sets it selling price to only 1gp. Second bug ( although I'm not 100% sure it is Anthology fault) is connected with send NPC to inns and allow NPC pairs to separate. I picked Eldoth early on at coastway map ( in my games I hadn't issues which Terminus Est describes regarding Tiax and Eldoth, Quayle I didn't install and not been in Gullykin yet regarding Alora ). When I ditched Eldoth and send him to Jovial Juggler to my surprise when I entered that inn again he walked to the party and initiated rejoining dialogue. And not only that, there was Skie present also there, although I'm still in chapter 2 and never been even close to Baldur's gate!  :mellow:

Right the stackable stuff is my fault--I had forgotten that in the original BG, stuff won't stack unless you create a header for it, hence why it's acting like an uncharged item. As David mentioned downthread, I had also forgotten that these items are already covered by the gem stacking component, so the answer here is that this component is going to be deprecated regardless. The gem stacking works dandy for it.

I'm looking into Eldoth and Skie.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.

#34 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:24 AM

Right the stackable stuff is my fault--I had forgotten that in the original BG, stuff won't stack unless you create a header for it, hence why it's acting like an uncharged item. As David mentioned downthread, I had also forgotten that these items are already covered by the gem stacking component, so the answer here is that this component is going to be deprecated regardless. The gem stacking works dandy for it.

I'm looking into Eldoth and Skie.

Sorry that this component is going to be deprecated but this is pure from nostalgic reasons, heh. It was essential part of my playings in BGT and TUTU while it was in SCS. But I understand the reasoning behind it, I immediately noticed overlap with gem stacking but I thought it just gives players more options for fine tuning of what they want. Anyway thanks for your continuing efforts for improving and fixing this mod as I imagine it can't be easy task. 

#35 Greenhorn

Greenhorn

Chaotic good gibberling

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:01 AM

Another very strange thing regarding Eldoth and Skie, I just dumped Xzar and Montaron and ordered them to go to Friendly Arm Inn. When I returned to Jovial Juggler to recruit Jaheira and Khalid I noticed that Skie and Eldoth are not there anymore. Search with InfExp shows they are now in FAI.  :ohmy:

Edited by Greenhorn, 14 October 2018 - 01:30 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users