[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't load animation: nfamhg1, cycle 19

Bad Lee Armed

I have fairly successfully installed bg1+TOB and bg2+TOB, from the 4in1 DVD set, on debian 9.0 running gemrb. from the 4in1 DVD set. added the widescreen mod and BGTalesUK5512.exe. (took me some time until I found the http://www.gemrb.org/wiki/doku.php?id=install:unshield-bg1 at last.

When just BG1 was installed this morning everything seemed fine although I never progressed very far before being killed by some instructor chappie. I then added BG2 etc but now found that BG1 is pretty much broken as it sort of locks up when entering the first inn with '[CharAnimations/ERROR]: Couldn't load animation: nfamhg1, cycle 19' being the repeated gemrb message in dash. Tried a re-install of bg1 to no avail - the issue remains, so maybe something I've done wrong with gemrb?

I speak to the first (or any other) person I meet and the talk icon remains active after a very brief flash of text appears preventing any progress.

Any ideas where to go from here?

While I can delete and install everything from scratch as a last resort, I would rather not go to the trouble if there is a well known or obvious fix.

Cheers.

That animation doesn't exist in bg1 or bg2. Looks like the tales mod requires exe hacks, but you could edit gemrb/unhardcoded/bg1/avatars.2da and change the line with NFAM to NFAMH. In iwd they have the same animation id, so you can't have both. If the mod added it at a free ID, you'd first need to find out which one it is, copy the NFAM line to it and then replace the mentions to NFAMH.

If pausing gemrb doesn't stop the console spam, you'll have to redirect its output to a file. When you get in the problematic area, ctrl-m on all creatures. Look at their circles, since the problematic one may appear invisible. Ctrl-m does a debug dump, which also shows the animation id ... which you should then fish out of the log on disk. I can then tell you how to modify the animation list.

Solved - after a re-install it no-longer requested that animation. So something I had done wrong somewhere.

It did however continue to play up terribly with a sticking dialogue box with the talk icon continually highlighted, this was solved by installing weinstall cdtweaks and selecting always pause on dialogue - seems this is a definite requirement on my system.

Cheers.

Archived