Snippet from a wolf lovetalk...

Bri

Okay, this is just a snippet from something I'm working on. It probably would work better as a PC initiated one, since it is kind of in between a flirt and lovetalk. This is still a rough one, and was meant for a grooming response. (Note: In the regular flirt pack, responses will be nowhere near as long as this). Additionally, this one assumes the Bhaalspawn is able to take on wolf form.

Delainy takes one glance at you, and whispers, "You have a nice, shiny coat. I like that. It shows you take care of yourself."

The werewolf pads to your side, and gently, slowly begins to clean your fur. With each lap, you notice that her heart beat increases, and her breathing becomes more shallow, excitement growing in her body.

Delainy is quite thorough, using her teeth to take out every snarl in your fur and removing any burrs she finds. Eventually, she finishes, and presses her cheek close to yours, her warm musk filling your senses. Delainy lies down next to you, her flank pressing you for warmth. The werewolf's reluctance is gone as she relaxes in your proximity.

Option 1:

Draw comfort in her presence near you.

Option 2:

Reciprocate the bathing.

Option 3:

"I think I prefer bathing as a (insert character race). However, next time I wouldn't mind your company. I can never get those hard to reach places."

Option 4:

"That was...different. Now it is time for us to go on."

If Option 1, then reply:

Delainy closes her eyes as the two of you lie side by side, but for the briefest of moments, she is at peace.

(End dialogue)

If Option 2, then reply:

Delainy tenses slightly, but soon grows relaxed under you ministrations. When you near completion, Delainy's body shakes slightly with laughter as she says, "My turn again. I missed a spot," and licks the inside of your lip.

(End dialogue)

If Option 3, then reply:

Delainy doesn't seem too angry with your response as she answers back with a slight laugh, "I understand what you mean. There is something to be said for a nice hot bath. But to help you with those hard to reach spots?"

Delainy cocks her head, her gaze focusing on the area underneath your hindquarters and says playfully, "I see what you mean." A mischievous grin spreads across her face.

(End dialogue)

If Option 4, then reply:

Delainy's body tenses with irritation at what she perceives an abrupt departure, but she merely paces along side you, and growls, "Yes, time to go."

(End dialogue)

Interesting. This is an interaction I wouldn't have considered. Not sure I'm 100% comfortable with it but that's just due to a little bias on my part. I like it. :)

I do have a couple of suggestions though:

Even then, though, Delainy is quite thorough, using her teeth to take out every snarl in your fur, removing the burrs caught in one's fur.

How bout "Even then, though, Delainy is quite thorough, using her teeth to take out every snarl in your fur and removing any burrs she finds."

The sentence doesn't seem to flow very well to me as is.

Delainy's lies down next to you, her flank pressing you for warmth.

How bout "Delainy lies down next to you, her flank pressing against you for warmth."

You're right, those sentences definitely need work. Will attend to that. Thanks. I did mention they were still very rough.

Anyways, I should have mentioned that this was a dialogue for if one could take on wolf form (through various means)

Haha, it is quite weird, but kudos to you for covering all bases! Anyway, I have a few suggestions...

The werewolf pads to your side, intruding on what two-leggers would consider personal space...

This seems awkward because if wolves don't consider it as personal space, she shouldn't be "intruding." I think it might be better if it read, "The werewolf pads to your side, so close that it would be a breach of personal space in the eyes of two-leggers." That's not a very good revision but i'm sure you can come up with a better one if i've gotten the point across (and you agree with it).

Whether the same could be said of you, only you would know.

This seems like a very strange way to end the passage, and I would vote it be removed entirely. It just seems to remove the sense of "roleplay" that the prior text includes because it brings in another entity--the author--and sort of destroys the sense that the PC is experiencing something first hand and creates the sense that the PC is being told what's happening. Hope that makes sense/helps. :) Sorry about the overuse of the word "sense," there. I couldn't think of a better one.

Hmm, very interesting. Even kinky, I'd say.  Looking forward to this mod...

Heh, well, not all of her actions would be that of a human Pekka.

This seems awkward because if wolves don't consider it as personal space, she shouldn't be "intruding." I think it might be better if it read, "The werewolf pads to your side, so close that it would be a breach of personal space in the eyes of two-leggers." That's not a very good revision but i'm sure you can come up with a better one if i've gotten the point across (and you agree with it).

I agree Julwise that it is awkward. Once again, I can only plead it as being very rough :)

It just seems to remove the sense of "roleplay" that the prior text includes because it brings in another entity--the author--and sort of destroys the sense that the PC is experiencing something first hand and creates the sense that the PC is being told what's happening. Hope that makes sense/helps.

It does make sense Julwise. Once more as I say, I can only plead it as rough. This is very much a work in progress.

Anyways, revised by removing some of the offending pieces outright.

This was a part of a smaller subset that would include grooming (the one shown), howling at the moon, hunting, and wolves at play.

I think that was beautiful. Reminds me of something my dogs do when they feel very affectionate :p (to each other and/or to us humans also). Somehow I didn't see the "kinky" part at all, oh well, maybe because I've always liked werewolves and played them in several occasions... :(

Looks nice, and err... wolfish. Just out of curiousity, but did I miss anything here about the PC being or becoming a wolf? Anyway, I missed the 'kinky' part as well, but this seems to be appropriate (yeah, bad choice of words) behaviour for a wolf (as I too recognize it from my dog).

I think that was beautiful. Reminds me of something my dogs do when they feel very affectionate :p (to each other and/or to us humans also). Somehow I didn't see the "kinky" part at all, oh well, maybe because I've always liked werewolves and played them in several occasions... :(

I'm glad you like it, though I know some may not.

However, I really don't think of it as kinky...as different. I mean she is a werewolf, so there will be somethings that won't be considered human normal. It would be like romancing a vampire (in whatever game) and ignoring the drinking of blood.

Looks nice, and err... wolfish. Just out of curiousity, but did I miss anything here about the PC being or becoming a wolf? Anyway, I missed the 'kinky' part as well, but this seems to be appropriate (yeah, bad choice of words) behaviour for a wolf (as I too recognize it from my dog).

Ugh, further up in posts I did state it was meant for a PC that can don wolf form. I will put that in the very first post for clarification. I wanted to get a few of dialogues if the PC could turn into a wolf.

And just be careful to remember that there is a lot of behaviour similar in a dog and a wolf, but just as much is different.

For those who are curious, becoming a wolf in the game isn't that hard. It will probably be in the faq/readme, but several options:

Pick the Druid with Shapeshifter kit, play as a mage/sorcerer/bard with Polymorph Self or Shapechange spell, or the best of all for all classes: the nifty Cloak of Wolves you pick up from the Shade Lord. (Yeah, maybe a bit spoilerish.

The cloak always annoyed me how you couldn't change back at will. So I built a version that let you shift into it at will. And a werewolf.

There is that. Plus, there is a lovetalk in the works for allowing one to have Del turn them into a wolf if nothing else...which would also allow for these talks.

You're right, those sentences definitely need work. Will attend to that. Thanks. I did mention they were still very rough.

I know, was just throwing in my thoughts for eventual consideration when the dialogue is polished up.

There is that. Plus, there is a lovetalk in the works for allowing one to have Del turn them into a wolf if nothing else...which would also allow for these talks.

Is that "wolf" as in a wolf or "wolf" as in werewolf? If it's the latter, that can open up all kinds of interesting dialogue possibilities/choices. :(

I know, was just throwing in my thoughts for eventual consideration when the dialogue is polished up.

Yep, it's cool to make suggestions, corrections, etc. After all, even when 'polished' something usually does sneak in ;-)

Is that "wolf" as in a wolf or "wolf" as in werewolf? If it's the latter, that can open up all kinds of interesting dialogue possibilities/choices.

Just a plain wolf. Del won't bite someone and turn them into a werewolf. Not unless it was absolutely necessary. Though a Bhaalspawn/lycanthrope would be fun.

Archived