Couple of strange errors

Marupal

The first one is with the creature inventory checker. Here's a couple of the instances

ERROR: illegal 8-byte read from offset 1076 of 1076-byte file CLFTRL.CRE
ERROR: [CLFTRL.CRE] -> [override/CLFTRL.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("CLFTRL.CRE: read out of bounds"))
Stopping installation because of error.

-----------------------run through it again--------------------------
ERROR: illegal 8-byte read from offset 3232 of 3072-byte file ANNA.CRE
ERROR: [ANNA.CRE] -> [override/ANNA.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("ANNA.CRE: read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [Creature Inventory Checker], rolling back to previous state
Appending to files ...
ERROR: illegal 8-byte read from offset 391852 of 1552-byte file DGMAG01.CRE
ERROR: [DGMAG01.CRE] -> [override/DGMAG01.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("DGMAG01.CRE: read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [Creature Inventory Checker], rolling back to previous state

I think that the error with the creatures is coming from byte-patching gone wrong, not sure which mod(s) are responsible. The illegal read happens when a creature has a certain number of items but it's inventory references something greater than that. e.g. using NI and looking at a creature it has in the items section only 3 items:item0-helm01, item1-axe01, item2-rndtre06 but in the inventory section is referenced a higher number than item2. Like said it was probably bad byte patching that pushed these numbers in the inventory to what they shouldn't be.

Maybe could keep track of itemcount on cre and abort the illegal read if count exceeded...?.

If I knew tp2 better->would contribute a solution in code format.

Other error is really strange. Here's 2 of the examples:

C#Q04006.CRE: Has BG proficiencies set
Appending to files ...
ERROR: [C#Q04006.CRE] -> [override/C#Q04006.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Sys_error("override/debugger.log: Invalid argument"))

DEVAGOOD.CRE error: Dialogue does not exist (DEVAGOOD.dlg)
Appending to files ...
ERROR: [DEVAGOOD.CRE] -> [override/DEVAGOOD.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Sys_error("override/debugger.log: Invalid argument"))

The strange part about this is that there's nothing wrong with these files. If you tell it to run again it'll choke on a different creature every time. I ran the creature checker about 30 times before it successfully made it through the entire thing. Any ideas? Ran it through with weidu v 192 and 208, override folder is not biffed, Win XP, none of the files are read-only. This is from a Big World Project mega install. This can't be an error that just sometimes happens with Weidu can it? :D Don't tell the Bigg I mentioned that as a possibility. :)

What could be causing this?

Archived