Extended notes on compatibility

Wisp

NPC mods

Some mod NPCs comment on items when they are found. Some do so only if the item is found in the right area. Currently, Item Randomiser randomises two items that mod NPCs are known to comment on, provided the area is right.

• Kivan NPC comments on the Elven Court bow if it is found in the de'Arnise keep.
  • Kova NPC from Beyond the Law comments on the armour Skin of the Ghoul if it is found around the undead village.

Version 2 of Item Randomiser will provide the option to forego randomising items like these.

Until then, a work-around is provided in the next post of this thread for anyone who wants to use Item Randomiser together with Kivan or Beyond the Law but do not want to miss out on the NPC content.

For this work-around to be effective, you need to perform it before installing Item Randomiser and before you start playing.

Open the file randomiser/lists/itemlist.2da with a text editor (e.g. Notepad).

For Kivan:

Find the rows that read

blun19	  blank	   bernard2.sto 1	02
bow12	   blank	   ar1303.are   1	03
bow19a	  blank	   ar0503.are   1	04

and remove the middle row, so the relevant part of the file looks like this:

blun19	  blank	   bernard2.sto 1	02
bow19a	  blank	   ar0503.are   1	04

For Beyond the Law:

Find the rows that read

clck17	  blank	   blank		2	15
leat13	  blank	   theshal.cre  2	16
halb09a	 blank	   pwarden.cre  2	17

and remove the middle row, so the relevant part of the file looks like this:

clck17	  blank	   blank		2	15
halb09a	 blank	   pwarden.cre  2	17

Once you are done, save the file and install Item Randomiser. If you removed the row that started with bow12, the Elven Court bow will not be randomised. If you removed the row that started with leat13, the armour Skin of the Ghoul will not be randomised.

There is a possible compatibility issue with Spellhold Gauntlet. It is different from the NPC issue, but evident enough for me to be a dunce for not spotting it the first time around.

You can install Item Randomiser together with Spellhold Gauntlet, but if you choose to go via the gauntlet, you will not obtain the random item you would otherwise get in Spellhold.

Mode 2 of Item Randomiser, v1 suffers from a rather nasty bug (described here) if it is installed together with Item Revisions and all of SCSII, version 10 beta.

Between the two of them, Item Revisions and SCSII move or remove all the items composing Item Randomiser's "tier 5". This will cause Item Randomiser to stall during installation.

The issue does not affect Mode 1.

The issue will happen if you install all of the following components before installing Item Randomiser:

• Item Revisions: Item Revisions by Demivgrvs. (Moves Defender of Easthaven)
  • SCSII, 10 beta: Remove the Shield of Balduran from the game.
  • SCSII, 10 beta: Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal.
  • SCSII, 10 beta: Move the Cloak of Mirroring.
  • SCSII, 10 beta: Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal.
  • SCSII, 10 beta: Randomly change the locations of many in-game items. (Moves Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise.)

If one or more of the above components is not installed, Item Randomiser should install without problems.

It is possible that this same issue can be caused by other mods, but if they exist, these mods are as-of-yet unidentified.

This bug will be fixed in v2 (which is due sometime soon-ish).

Additionally, installing SCSII's item redistributor together with Item Randomiser will most likely result in some item duplication.

(This is because I got lazy and decided against checking if the item was still present in the dialogue, script or whatever.)

This will be fixed in v2.

Actually, scratch that. I was confusing v1 with my in-development v2 :)

As Temujin noticed, Item Randomiser currently breaks Tactic's Improved Sahuagin City. The Sahuagin priestess will not do what she is supposed to do unless she has the Cloak of Mirroring in her possession.

Version 2 will not randomise the cloak if Improved Sahuagin City is installed.

Item Randomiser should be compatible with all mods that remove items, provided it is installed after them. In the case of Unique Artifacts, I don't think you even need to observe that installation order*, but it has been a while since I had a look at it so maybe I'm forgetting something.

*Technically, I mean. If you want your artifacts to be unique, you do need to install Unique Artifacts first.

Archived