Throne of Bhaal manual errata

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 devSin

devSin
  • Fixpackers
  • 3017 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:38 AM

The bots have been doing this for a long time now. Usually, the context is so horribly wrong that you can guess it's not legit even before their spam links show up.

Edited by devSin, 13 December 2010 - 07:21 AM.

#17 Dakk

Dakk
  • Modders
  • 941 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:40 AM

I dunno, im sure thier is some sort of governmeant project somewhere where they woudl love to get thier hands on more undead *be afraid*

It is impressive! And so are your necromancer skills :)

I was replying to a spambot, I'll have you know.

I thought you were referring to the top most post, which seemed like spam with context. My bad :D

#18 Melisah

Melisah
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I am sorry to bring up an ancient thread but I didn't want to start a new one because, well, I wasn't sure where to put it.

I can't for the life of me get my TOB expansion pack to install. Nor can I get my Heart of Winter expansion to install for that matter. I have both BG2 and IWD installed and working fine but for the life of my, the expansion packs just won't work. They install to a certain point and just stop. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the help.

I have Windows 7 64 bit OS so I don't know if that's the problem or not.

Edited by Melisah, 25 February 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#19 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberling Poobah
  • 2392 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

If you installed the games to their default location, Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\, you should uninstall them and reinstall them in a directory outside of Program Files. Newer versions of Windows interfere with files stored in the Program Files directories.

#20 Melisah

Melisah
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

If you installed the games to their default location, Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\, you should uninstall them and reinstall them in a directory outside of Program Files. Newer versions of Windows interfere with files stored in the Program Files directories.

Oh okay, thank you. I will try that and see how it goes.

Question, if I don't put them in the same file location, how do I get them to run properly? Do I transfer the EP files to the default game files once I install them?

Edited by Melisah, 25 February 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#21 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberling Poobah
  • 2392 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Question, if I don't put them in the same file location, how do I get them to run properly? Do I transfer the EP files to the default game files once I install them?

The base game should not be installed within Program Files. The expansion should be installed wherever the base game is.

#22 Melisah

Melisah
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Thanks Mike. I did what you suggested (I ended up creating a new folder in /C specifically for my games) and it worked like a charm. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users