Middle of a BG:EE Game

Ok,

I'm a total dweeb and rely on you all being the great modders you are! I just started a play thru of BG: EE after having not played a BG title at all in 6 or 7 years. Really enjoying BG:EE but this EET Mod looks to cool. My question, is this something I can download and run and use my saved game file from where I am currently in that game, or do I need to go back and start from scratch with a fresh install of EET?

If I have to start over I will prob. just finish my current game (Chapter 6) and then run thru the others. Any answers or advice would be a great help.

PS., was the Amber Mod ever made EE compatible? I had a blast playing that character many years ago when it first came out, it's actually how I found this web site.

Thanks

I'm not a professional BG player but I'm pretty sure you have to start from scratch if you're installing mods like EET. The only mods you can install mid-game (from my understanding) are small things like NPC companions and maybe minor encounter stuff. You can also tweak EET Tweaks settings mid-game, but that is obviously only if you're already playing an EET playthrough.

Hope that helps. I'd recommend EET as a first-time EETer myself. I'm having a blast and about to finish up Siege of Dragonspear now.

Ok,

I'm a total dweeb and rely on you all being the great modders you are! I just started a play thru of BG: EE after having not played a BG title at all in 6 or 7 years. Really enjoying BG:EE but this EET Mod looks to cool. My question, is this something I can download and run and use my saved game file from where I am currently in that game, or do I need to go back and start from scratch with a fresh install of EET?

If I have to start over I will prob. just finish my current game (Chapter 6) and then run thru the others. Any answers or advice would be a great help.

PS., was the Amber Mod ever made EE compatible? I had a blast playing that character many years ago when it first came out, it's actually how I found this web site.

Thanks

1. EET requires a new installation and you cannot use old save games.

2. Amber NPC (EET version) v5.01 or above

The mod maker originally considered on making a save converter, but after looking into things, even he became to note that it was "hardly worth the effort of a try".

I'm not a professional BG player

Grhm. There are no such. Mod tester is the title... and no, there are none of those either. ... well unless you count our hosts, and pretty sure they too take loss on these sites.

The only mods you can install mid-game (from my understanding) are small things like NPC companions and maybe minor encounter stuff. You can also tweak EET Tweaks settings mid-game, but that is obviously only if you're already playing an EET playthrough.

There's a few components that are easy to install and work on BGEE, BG2EE in the middle of an install. AND NPC MODS ARE THE WORST IN COMPATIBILITY SCALE WHEN IT COMES TO MIDGAME INSTALLS; AS THEY REQUIRE THE TEXT/DIALOG CHANGES 11111.

Shows what you know.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Lol, true. Disregard my posts, then! :schimpf:

And there are professional BG players. People like you all who know the ins and outs of everything in the game. I call you Pro Players, haha. I'm just a lowly newb who only finished BG twice and it was with the EE both times. I'll go sit in the corner now. :(

Thanks for all of the great Input!

I'm having a good time playing my current Vanilla BGEE, so maybe I will just finish up that part and do the EET install with a start over.

When you say it needs a "fresh" install do I need to uninstall my copies from Steam first, and then re-install? I'm assuming the Big World instructions will tell me what mods I have to set up "outside" of EET? Don't mean to sound like a dumbass but I don't want to goof it all up, I would like to include a couple NPC's, and the tweak pack type stuff.

Thanks

When you say it needs a "fresh" install do I need to uninstall my copies from Steam first, and then re-install? I'm assuming the Big World instructions will tell me what mods I have to set up "outside" of EET? Don't mean to sound like a dumbass but I don't want to goof it all up, I would like to include a couple NPC's, and the tweak pack type stuff.

A fresh install is always likely, at least in these games, a referense of unmodified game. The BWS makes a backup from the original game that's a 200MB's worth of space which allows it to refresh the entire game even if it's 20Gb in size by just deleting the mod files and copying the 200Mb's files worth files. Meaning it can be 100-1000 times faster than uninstalling anything normally made. ...