Photo

IR Revised V1.2.2 (2018 November 1st)

277 replies to this topic

#271 Incantatar

Incantatar
  • Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:46 AM

-Wand of MS says both 5 turns and 1 turn in its description. 1 turn is true.

-Protection from Alteration now protects from being held and turned to stone in SCS but not from being slowed. Don't know if it should.

#272 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:46 AM

@Bartimaeus,

Could you look at the http://gibberlings3....=29826&p=264831 and give feedback regarding usage of such "custom install order definition" for the two different different installation order. One when you use IRR + 1pp and one when you don't use IRR. I'm also open for discussion about adding a way for mods to include their desired install order definitions (BEFORE/AFTER). Combination of 1pp, IRR and IA seems to be perfect candidates for experimentation/proof of concept.

Edited by ALIENQuake, 08 November 2018 - 03:49 AM.

#273 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:00 PM

-Wand of MS says both 5 turns and 1 turn in its description. 1 turn is true.

-Protection from Alteration now protects from being held and turned to stone in SCS but not from being slowed. Don't know if it should.

1. Thanks.

2. That's correct, except it should also protect from slow. Will fix.

@ALIENQuake: Not sure if I really have any meaningful input. Also, what's IA?

#274 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:30 PM

@ALIENQuake: Not sure if I really have any meaningful input. Also, what's IA?

IA is "Infinity Animations" - a mod which you mentioned regarding install order recommendation at the first page:

... As such, if you are installing 1PP and IR together, you must install 1PP after IRR but before Infinity Animations ...

so my question for you is: are you interested to discuss a way for IRR to include some kind of install order definition metadata to make sure that those 3 mods are always installed using correct install order?

Edited by ALIENQuake, 08 November 2018 - 01:32 PM.

#275 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:07 PM

Oh. Yeah. Sure, but the specifics probably don't matter that much to me as much as a system is established at all.

#276 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2693 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:56 AM

Same question as with SRR  - which of your changes (if any) are in Git IR downloadable version? Some of these are great, even if I don't understand the logic behind install order (1)SR - (2)IR.

#277 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberling Poobah
  • 2534 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:23 PM

None of the IRR changes have been added to IR.

#278 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 434 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:54 PM

Same question as with SRR  - which of your changes (if any) are in Git IR downloadable version? Some of these are great, even if I don't understand the logic behind install order (1)SR - (2)IR.

None, as Mike said. As with SRR, you're welcome to take what you please. Also, the actual big impetus for IRR was fixing the appearance of items, so almost all of my base .itms have had their appearances reverted back to vanilla, and then fixes.tpa under components\main correctly patches them back to how they should be for EE games while leaving it up for people to install 1pp on non-EE games (among other fixes). It would ideally be nice for normal IR to do the same...and then I can take this down and make it purely a private project again.

As for SR vs. IR install order, it was my understanding (though Mike has since contested it) that IR was supposed to be installed after SR, which is the basis from which I had been originally working from for many years, before I even started touching SR. So that's just from where it has evolved from. I think what I'm eventually going to do is simply have IR assume SR is always installed and switch the install order again, though, and say that anyone that doesn't have both installed is just going to have to live with the inconsistencies, :p.

Reply to this topic

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users