IR V2 release

Demivrgvs

SotM

I'm not sure if two "protection from evil" effects stack, but the staff doesn't grant "protection" from gated fiends,
I tested it in game ( protecting whole party except the wizard wielding sotm with pfe, then casting cacofiend and gate ) and the staff indeed prevented fiends from attacking the mage. Switching to another weapon made the fiends attack the mage, then prompty re-equipping the staff stopped them.
You're right...I forgot having added "protection from summoned demons" after an old request from a player. :thumbsup:

Gauntlets of Ogre Power

Would it be possible to change how much strength bonus the gauntlets of ogre power, etc. give you depending on what strength you start with? So extremely puny characters, such as Aerie, could get +4 by wearing it, while at the top end you would get +1 or nothing?
I really don't think it's possible, and I wouldn't like it too much anyway.

Accumulated Treasure

not having reputation affect prices is going to matter a lot, I think. Of course there are fewer tempting items for sale in the stores, as well.
Actually I do think with the exception of Joluv's items (which had ridiculous high prices) there are a lot more tempting items in the stores now.
Guest D. U. Bertie

"The IR main component and masterwork weapons should have no effect on a Tutu install, should not be installed."

Regarding this comment by Mike a couple of weeks ago, can anyone tell me why this is the case? I was thinking about it and I think I understand what he means, but then I realised that some of the items IR changes are also in BG1 (e.g. Gauntlets of Ogre Power), so why not install the main component? Also, what if I want the "Effect of Charisma and Reputation on Store Prices" and "Sensible Lore System" in my EasyTutu game?

Animations

Can't you remove them just from the item but leave them for the spells? SCSII has that 'Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic)' component, so why can't IR do something similar i.e. remove the effect for items but leave it for spells? I'd really like to see this, since seeing an effect on a temporary basis when a spell is cast is fine, but if it's constantly on it can get annoying for certain effects.

Itm Value Tweaks

I understand that this mod patches instead of overwriting, whether that matters here I don't know. I was thinking that I could perhaps install it before the IR main component, but I don't know if there's really any need. I suppose the best solution might be to include the Itm Value Tweaks changes in IR, so there's no need to install it. That is, if you like the price changes it makes to items not already covered by IR.

SotM

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the Pro vs. Evil effect as you know, so would like to see something a little different.

Hammer of Thunderbolts

I'd really like to see it made throwable, since it'd be great to have another magical throwing hammer.

Gauntlets of Ogre Power

I took another look at the BG2 manual and you are spot on about the +100 exceptional being too much. The difference between 18 and 18 (+100) is huge! So a plain +2 to strength looks to be the best solution.

Crom Faeyr

I had another look at the CF vs. using the separate items issue, and I think the Shocking electrical damage on the CF should be increased from 1D6 to 1D8, giving it a slight boost over the Hammer of Thunderbolts' electrical damage.

Gloves of Missile Snaring

I found these in the Item Index, and I do think you should add the shield restriction anyway, and state somewhere in the item description that they cannot be used with a shield. At least this way players will know they aren't supposed to use them with a shield, even if there's a workaround.

Animations

Because they use the same animation file. The only workaround I can think of is for spells to copy the animation so it can be used even if the default one is suppressed.
Well, regardless of how it was done by SCSII, I'd really like to see something similar in IR.
I'll take a look at what DavidW did, but I probably already know what it is:

1) "Can't you remove them just from the item but leave them for the spells? SCSII has that 'Remove animation from the Cloak of Mirroring (leave it for other spells and effects that use the same graphic)' component, so why can't IR do something similar i.e. remove the effect for items but leave it for spells?" Doing this allow the spells to display their animation but only when you're not wearing those items. To prevent the animation on those items you have to use a sort of "immunity to animation" effect, thus a character with those items won't show the respective animation while wearing such items, even if the animation comes from a spell.

2) even the supposed workaround suggested by Icen wouldn't work well because you would end up with an animation which isn't automatically tied to the actual effect anymore. The copied animation wouldn't be removed as soon as the spell deflection/turning/trap effect is deplenished, it would be removable only with a dispel, or after an expiration time not tied to how many spell the protection can still absorbs/reflects.

Neither solution 1) nor 2) seem a very good solution, though 1) isn't that bad either.

Anyway I do think we either have to replace an animation with a better one (like 1PP does), or remove them completely. As I've previously explained I like the latter more, and it would actually improve the immersion imo (if you were a mage would you want your enemy to exactly know which defences you have up? and would you go around in town with a huge sparkling aura/globe? me not :thumbsup: ).

"The IR main component and masterwork weapons should have no effect on a Tutu install, should not be installed."

Regarding this comment by Mike a couple of weeks ago, can anyone tell me why this is the case? I was thinking about it and I think I understand what he means, but then I realised that some of the items IR changes are also in BG1 (e.g. Gauntlets of Ogre Power), so why not install the main component? Also, what if I want the "Effect of Charisma and Reputation on Store Prices" and "Sensible Lore System" in my EasyTutu game?

It probably wouldn't hurt much to install the main component on a Tutu game at this time - and you would get the lore changes and rep/cha effect on store prices, along with included 1PP stuff - but it should not change any items. Tutu uses a different resource naming system than BGT/BG2 - when we modify the BRAC06.ITM Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Tutu's _BRAC06.ITM remains untouched. This is intentional.

Itm Value Tweaks

I understand that this mod patches instead of overwriting, whether that matters here I don't know. I was thinking that I could perhaps install it before the IR main component, but I don't know if there's really any need. I suppose the best solution might be to include the Itm Value Tweaks changes in IR, so there's no need to install it. That is, if you like the price changes it makes to items not already covered by IR.

It is important that it patches. If you want its prices, install it after IR. If you install it before IR, only the items that IR doesn't change at all (price-wise or not) will receive its changes. It looked to me that the mod simply increased the prices of previously unsellable or low-value plot/npc/miscellaneous items.

Archived