IR V3 - List of changes from V2 to V3

Demivrgvs

I'll gather here the most noticeable changes/fixes and suggested "add-ons" for the next version.

Feel free to add suggestions, as well as reminding me important changes/fixes that I may forgot to mention/find myself.

Tutu Support

The main component and masterwork component will be updated to work on Tutu. All other components already work on Tutu.

BGT Megamod Support

In a megamod, IR's main component is installed before BGT, but BGT overwrites a few BG1 items and descriptions. Something will be done so that users can install IR before BGT and still have the option of having IR versions of BG1 items.

Global Changes

Revised Armors (as discussed here) Done

Revised Potions (as discussed here) Done

Weapon Speed Unaffected by Enchantment Level Done

Each weapon type will retain its base speed factor regardless of enchantment level. The goal is to make sure this aspect of the weapon isn't lost due to high enchantment levels.

In the original game, each enchantment level improved a weapon's speed factor by one, thus a long sword +4 would end up being faster than a dagger, and a long sword +5 as fast as a dagger +5.

Druids Shouldn't Wear Metal

These changes will be removed from the main component, and only be applied if the global component is installed.

Thieves Can Use Wands

These changes will be removed from the main component, and a new optional component will be added that will affect both vanilla items and mod-added items.

Kensais Can Wear Bracers Done

These changes will be removed from the main component, and a new optional component will be added that will affect both vanilla items and mod-added items.

Morning Stars Use Mace Animation Done

Morning stars use the flail animation in the vanilla game. Since morning stars are really just maces with spikes on them, it seems more appropriate to give them a mace animation.

Slashing Halberds Done

The slashing ability of halberds will now deal 1d12 damage instead of 1d10, and have a speed factor 2 slower than the piercing ability.

Weapon Changes (slight revision of the current component) Done

These changes will be removed from the main component, and only be applied if the global component is installed.

I'm really satisfied with the revision of light/heavy weapons, bows, xbows and spears, but I think bludgeoning ones are really too effective within IR V2. The following is a list of adjustments to the current component, not a recounting of all changes made.

Club: 1d4 damage (I haven't noticed it before, but the manual already says 1d4 instead of 1d6), speed factor from 4 to 3

Dagger: reduce speed factor from 2 to 1

Bastard Sword: speed factor from 8 to 7

Flail: 2d4 damage (instead of vanilla's 1d6+1 and IR's 1d10), speed factor from 7 to 8 (it should be the slowest one-handed weapon)

Halberd: 1d10 damage and speed factor 8 (when used as piercing weapon), 1d12 damage and speed factor 9 (when used as slashing weapon)

Hammer: restore vanilla's damage of 1d4+1 instead of IR's 1d8 (I never thought they could be right about this!), speed factor from 4 to 5 (it can't be faster than a long sword imo)

Katana: increase speed factor from 4 to 5

Mace: 2d3 damage (instead of vanilla's 1d6+1), speed factor from 7 to 6

Morning Star: 1d6+1 damage (instead of 2d4)

Spear: range incresed from 2 to 3

Battle Axe: 2d4 damage (instead of 1d8), speed factor from 7 to 6

Throwing Axe: 2d3 damage (instead of 1d6+1)

Ninja-to: 1d6 damage (instead of 1d8), speed factor from 4 to 2, damage type from slashing to piercing

Wakizashi: damage type from piercing to slashing

Then either the "hidden AC bonuses" or the damage resistance system should work almost in the same way. Slashing weapons should be the most effective against unarmored opponents, and the least effective against armored ones, while bludgeoning ones are the opposite, and piercing ones the "middle solution".

Bug-fixes and corrected typos

I'll list here the most noticeable issues we have to fix:

* +1/2 ApR doesn't work well if two items with this effect are used at the same time. Done

* If the Weapon Changes component is installed, Erik in Candlekeep should be given a short bow so he doesn't kill CHARNAME when training with him Done

* The fighter/druid armor restriction component no longer restricts fighter/druids from druid-restricted belts or bracers (since these druid restrictions are not due to their aversion to metal, but because the items are class-specific) Done

Item Changes

Shield Amulet Done

Now grants +2 bonus to AC.

Amulet of Spell Warding Done

It now grants +2 to all saves, while retaining v2's Spell Turning ability (once/day).

Greenstone Amulet Done

In 3rd edition Magic of Faerun book the Mind Shield effect is permanent, while in AD&D the protection can wear-off and slowly recharge itself. If we opted for the latter I would have replaced the x charges and then vanish system with a once/day usability, which also prevents the "exploit" of using a single amulet to protect the entire party.

For now I've opted to make it work as per 3rd edition, mainly because I couldn't find a 'while equipped' effect for it. It won't be a free loot in the beholder's dungeon though, but a very expensive item (10000-14000gp) in a drow's store.

I've heavily refined its Mind Shield ability which I previously only slightly "fixed". The most noticeable changes compared to vanilla's Mind Shield are:

- removed immunity to 'hold creature' opcode (it protected from effects such as Web or a ghoul's paralyzing touch)

- removed immunity to 'sleep' opcode (it protected from effects such as dragon's wing buffet. Instead I've made it use Protection from Spell opcodes - Command, Sleep, PW:Sleep and so on).

- removed immunity to 'stun' opcode (but it still protects from Mind Blast's stunning effect)

- added few Protection from Spell opcodes for SR/IR mind-affecting spells or spell-like abilities (e.g. IR v3's Domineering weapons, or SR's Emotion: Despair spell).

Amulet of Power Done

I've reduced the bonus spell slots (from 1st to 4th lvl instead of 1-7), but I've added a +2 bonus to 'caster level'.

Amulet of Seldarine Done

I've replaced '+1 to saves' with 'Protection from Evil' (which pratically is a +2 to saves and AC in BG, because 90% of your enemies are evil), and v2's +1 WIS with +1 CHR. I'd like to replace magic resistance with something more unique (especially because it makes the Amulet of Magic Resistance almost redundant), but for now I'll live with its current implementation, which still makes it the more enchanted amulet in the game together with Amulet of Power and V3' Greenstone Amulet.

P.S Looking at it, I've just noticed I've made it a more powerful version of vanilla's Sensate Amulet which, ironically, I removed from the game. :D

Amulet of Cheetah Speed Done

I've added add a +2 bonus to Attack Speed factor while equipped, and replaced '+1 bonus to AC' with '+1 DEX'.

Acid Arrow +2 Done

I've raised its enchantment by 1 (and consequently its price), and instead of BG1 2d6 points of acid damage on hit (which I previously nerfed to 1d3 like Arrows of Fire/Ice) I've made it deal 1d4 points of damage after 6 seconds, and other 1d4 after 12 seconds (no elemental damage on hit).

Arrow of Biting Done

We've recently discovered that % damage from poion opcode doesn't work at all (it dealt 1 dmg per sec for 20 secs), thus I had to replace it with a more common damage output: it now works as a double strength Envenomed weapon (1 dmg per sec for 4 rounds on a failed save). I've considerably reduced their price from 75 per arrow to 25.

Arrow of Slaying +1 Done

It now works as an Arrow of Monster Slaying (e.g. it doesn't work on golems, undead, elementals, and so on), and allows a save vs death to negate the effect. It uses the 'slay' opcode instead of vorpal's 'kill', and most boss-like characters are immune to it. Their price is still sky high (1000gp for a single arrow), and they are available (thanks to Ardanis) only in very limited amounts.

Arrow of Dispelling +1 Done

I've raised again its price (150gp for a single arrow now) as I erroneously made it really too cheap. The dispelling effect now allow a save vs. spell, making these overpowered arrows a lot more balanced. These arrows will now bypass SR's Protection from Missile.

Should I raise enchantment lvl to let them hit powerful creatures? :hm:

Throwing Axe +1 Done

There were two identical Throwing Axe +2 within axes and no +1 version, thus I've split them (using a unique bam for each of them).

Frostreaver +1 Done

Previously too similar to Stonefire (cold damage instead of fire), I've reduced its enchantment lvl by one, but I've added a Chilling effect (33% chance target must save vs. spell or be slowed for 3 rounds).

Hangard's Axe +1 Done

Now is a +1 weapon instead of +2, but its total enhancement level is +3 (base +1, returning +1, shocking +1) just like it was in vanilla (base +2, returning +1).

Rifthome Axe +2 Done

I've slightly refined its description, and replaced Keen ability with a "new" Screaming ability (20% chance to cause fear with a save vs. spell to negate). Following v3's trend this ability is applied via spl, allowing me to make sure certain creatures are immune to it (e.g. golems, undead, demons and illusionary clones/creatures). I've also reduced the enchantment lvl from +3 to +2. Its total enhancement level is +4 (base +2, returning +1, fearsome +1) just like it was in vanilla (base +3, returning +1).

Girdle of Piercing Done

It now grants +4 AC vs piercing weapons, instead of +3 vs piercing weapons and missiles.

Girdle of Trollish Fortitude Done

It now grants +20 hit points instead of +2 CON. I'm the first who'd prefer to use CON bonus for uniqueness, but I really can't bear the "infinite healing via re-equip" issue it causes. The good thing is that this belt will now be uber-useful to weak characters such as Aerie and Viconia, and a rather interesting/powerful alternative to the "common" strength-enhancing girdles.

Girdle of Beatification Done

Replaces the Girdle of Hill Giant Strength. It now grants a permanent Bless (+1 to attack rolls, damage rolls, and morale) instead of v2's +2 STR, making it as useful as before for characters with STR 15-16, much more useful for characters with STR <15, and less powerful for those with STR 17-18.

To make it more appealing and unique I've also made it grant protection from Doom (and IR's Dooming ability of some weapons) as well as the negative effects of Chant, and aVENGER's Curse (which is the reverse of Bless).

I've stolen IWD's bam and lore, though I had to slightly change the latter for "obvious" reasons (it mentioned the defeat of the Unseeing Eye :rolleyes: ).

Girdle of Priestly Might Done

I've renamed v2's "Girdle of Stone Giant Strength", reduced STR bonus from +3 to +2 but added +1 bonus to AC.

Should I add a once/day use of Draw Upon Divine Might? :)

Girdle of Giant Strength Done

I've simply renamed v2's Girdle of Frost Giant Strength (it made no sense for an "ice-related" item to be used to forge Crom Faeyr), and changed all the relative string references (Cromwell's dialogs).

Girdle of the Champion Done

I've renamed v2's "Girdle of Fire Giant Strength", reduced STR bonus from +4 to +3 but added immunity to fear effects.

Blackblood +2 Done

I've only added an Acid Splash ability (5% chance to inflict 20 points of acid damage).

Bone Club +3 Done

Some players suggested me to reduce the effectiveness of its Dooming ability, and I do agree (I really understimated this ability when I introduced it for v2), thus it now allows a save. Note that this ability is indeed powerful because the only creatures which are going to be immune to it are golems, Mordy Sword and illusionary clones (am I missing something?).

Root of the Problem +3 Done

Its Entangling ability (33% chance target must save vs. breath or be entangled for 2 rounds) now doesn't work on flying creatures, incorporeal creatures, and large, exceptionally strong creatures (e.g. golems, giants, dragons, ...). Furthermore, multiple Entangling effects don't stack anymore.

Flail of Submission +2 Done

I've removed 5% chance to cast Domination (as unfortunately the opcode doesn't work as I thought :( ), and I replaced 15% chance to cause fear (not great for a melee weapon imo) with the new Domineering ability (50% chance target must save vs spell or suffer -2 penalty to attack rolls and AC). Creatures immune to mind-control spells (e.g. undead, golems, ...) won't be affected by this ability.

Defender of Easthaven +2 Done

I had to replace 10% physical resistance with +10HP for balance purposes (the 100%+ res issue is a pain to handle), and the lore I assigned it for v2 suggested me to add an on hit ability, Cleave (20% chance on hit to gain 1 additional attack in the following round) which was really needed imo, as I don't like a flail to look like an off-hand weapon. For some reason V2's version of this flail shared Flail of Submision bam, I've fixed that.

Flail of Ages +3/+4 Done

The saves against its secondary effects don't have a -2 penalty anymore. FoA +4 has -2 penalty instead of -3, while the FoA +5 still keep V2's -4 penalty.

Ardulia's Fall +2 Done

Its Enfeebling ability (target must save vs. spell or be slowed, and suffer -1 penalty to attack rolls and armor class for 1 round) now doesn't work on elementals, golems, undead, and illusionary creatures. Multiple Enfeebling effects stack.

Skullcrusher +3 Done

I've replaced Keen (+5% chance to inflict critical hits) with Crushing Blow (5% chance to inflict 20 points of crushing damage), and I've increased Bone Breaking's damage from 2 to 3 at player's request. This latter ability is also refined to not work against incorporeal creatures, elementals, golems and illusions.

Storm Star +3/+4 Done

As hinted by its description this weapon will not only have less weight, better speed factor, and lower STR requirement, but will also be considered a light weapon by the dual wielding tweak (no off-hand thaco penalty). The +4 version doesn't grant electrical resistance anymore.

The Sleeper +2 Done

I've only re-build its Sleep effect to match v3's standard (via spl, doesn't work on elementals, golems, ...), and it will now trigger with a 33% chance instead of 50%.

Kiel's Morningstar +3 Done

I've sort of switched it with the Berserking Sword +3, this one now grants immunity to charm and confusion (which coupled with Kiel's Helmet grant a sort of Mind Shield), whereas the sword get the increased attack per round (its Iron Will effects were previously making it almost a copy of Lilarcor). I thought it should be "nerfed" to +2 being it available in BG1, but being it a cursed and berserking weapon I can allow it to be unusually powerful as long as most of you agree...if you don't, I'll nerf it. ;)

Bolt of Polymorphing +1 Done

Previously unused. Slightly changed to use SR-like polymorph effects, and restored in limited amounts within's Ardanis component.

Blessed Bolt +3 Done

Instead of slaying Rakshasas on-hit, these bolts now have a +2 bless bonus to thac0 and damage against evil extra-planar beings (demons, devils, fallen devas/planetars/solars, Rakshasas, ...) and undead creatures. I've considerably raised the enchantment to make sure they can be used against such creatures.

Boots of Stealth Done

I've restored vanilla's lore and removed 'immunity to web' because a lot of players considered them overpowered for BG1. They grant +40% to move silently instead of 20% to both hide and move, but the end result in terms of gameplay is exactly the same.

I'm keeping v2's Spider's Boots of Stealth lore/item on hold as I may put them somewhere.

Boots of Elvenkind Done

They now grant immunity to Entagle (on top of v2's +1 DEX and +20% move silently).

Boots of Etherealness Done

I've slightly modified the lore to allow the following unique ability.

Dimensional Anchor: wearer is unaffected by Teleport Field, Maze, Imprisonment and similar effects

Note that the boots will protect from the "banishing-like" effects of Demi-lich's Soul Trap (but not from its level drain effects added by SCS and/or SR), while it grants immunity to the "dimensional trap-room" effect of SR's Shadow Door.

Elven Court Bow +3 Done

I had to remove the once/day ability to create an Arrow of Dispelling/Detonation (it caused few small issues, and they could be fired by another bow). I've also removed the elf/half-elf restriction for now, as there are very few long bows around in SoA, but I do liked it. Its new Elvencraft feature (+4 bonus to AC vs. melee attacks) should simulate the ability to fight in melee with the bow without serious penalties, and it should be pretty good for an Archer (kitted) character imo.

"Though highly decorated, elf crafters also gave the bow metal inlays which gives the wielder the option to fend off attacks without sacrificing rate of fire and accuracy."

Mana Bow +4 Done

I've replaced "Pierce Magic: -5% magic res on hit" (why would a Wizard Slayer care about reducing opponent's magic res?) with a new Illusion Bane ability (20% chance to dispel illusionary protections and creatures), and instead of 20% magic damage resistance I've put a 10% magic resistance.

Gloves of Healing Done

Small changes to the description and better regeneration rate (1hp every 18 seconds). Cure Poison has been replaced by a once/day use of Lay on Hands (cures 2hp x character level). I've made them usable by all paladin kits to fix a compatibility issue with Refinements.

Gloves of Missile Snaring Done

As you know they shouldn't be used while wielding a shield (except a buckler), a two handed weapon, or a shield...I never realized the "fix" was quite simple. If you don't mind I've made them usable only by bards, monks and thieves (single class only).

They still require a high DEX (15) but I highly doubt it's going to be a problem for those three classes. For the 'no-off hand weapon' I think the current -20 thac0 penalty is more than enough.

Gloves of the Rogue Done

I've renamed them again yes, but they now use a completely new lore to better justify its abilities. "The elderly Oghmanyte Milladolin found that age was affecting her and her fellows quite rapidly, causing their hands to shake and preventing them from performing many of their priestly duties. With Oghma's blessings, Milladolin created magical gloves that steadied their hands and heightened their muscle control. Years later, a young Oghmanyte was caught for thievery - guilty of using the gloves. Word spread, and soon the gloves themselves were stolen away."

At player's request I've added set trap bonus, but I've lowered the bonuses from 20% to 15%. Thus it grants 15% bonus to Lockpicking, Pick Pockets, and Set Traps, plus +5% chance to score critical hits.

Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise Done

Due to the issue mentioned by yarpen I cannot implement what I previously did (specialization in melee weapons), and I've opted to make it work again similarly to vanilla, but limiting the bonuses (+1 hit, +2 dmg) to melee weapons only (as per description but never implemented).

Gauntlets of Weapon Mastery Done

Previously named Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization. I've added a +2 speed factor bonus and thus the end result is +1 hit, +2 speed, +1/2 apr - matching Revised Grandmastery bonus. It now uses a much better bam.

Gauntlets of Might Done

They "replace" the cursed Gauntlets of Fumbling.

"Elander's Gloves of Fumbling

These gauntlets have been crafted by the wizard Elander as an homage to Shaddack, a popular warrior whom Elander held in the highest esteem. Rumors among other mages indicate that such genuine admiration has often been on the verge of turning into slight jealousy."

*CURSED*

Equipped Abilities:

THAC0: -4 penalty

Srength: +3 bonus

Dexterity: -2 penalty

Bracers of Speed Done

They "replace" the cursed Bracers of Binding.

"The origin of these bracers is said to be the underdark. Such items have sometimes been donated by the Drow nobility as fair recompensation to those who offered their services to support their cause. Once worn, they come as a significant help in battle granting an almost unsustainable speed to attacks, and will definitely remind the wearer of the long enduring gratitude of its creators. Some of these generous drows find it amusing to then conjure a horde of small mutated spiders..."

*CURSED*

Equipped Abilities:

THAC0: -4 penalty

Attacks per Round: +1 bonus

Exhausting: each hit has 5% chance to let the wearer fatigued for 5 rounds

Fatigue effect use my standard dvwinded.spl file used by SR spells too, which causes -2 penalty to hit/dmg and AC, as well as +2 penalty to casting speed.

Prismatic Chain +4 Done

I've renamed the old Jester's Chain and replaced its lore with a new one.

"Rainbow Armor

Armor of this type is not for those who wish to remain anonymous. More often it is associated with tales of the vain, and bards have even crafted songs about the appearance of 'rainbow warriors' on a battlefield. The protective quality of the multihued surface is undeniable, but it is unfortunate that the mage who crafted these items was colorblind.

This multicolored armor is infused with the wizard's spell Prismatic Spray. Every so often, simply by will alone, the bearer can release the magic of the suit, which then begins to slowly absorb energy from the Weave to regain its magical power."

The armor never suited a bard because it stops (or slow down with IR) spellcasting, and the old lore was fun but too silly for a suit so heavily enchanted. A very minor change is that now the armor also grant immunity to Prismatic Spray.

Melodic Chain and Sylvan Chain Done

I've switched their enchantment levels, the former now is a +2 instead of +3, and vice versa.

Armor of Faith +1 Done

After discussing it with players we've reduced its enchantment lvl by 2, but its Armor of Faith effect is twice as effective now, granting an outstanding 20% resistance to all physical attacks.

Ashen Scales +2 Done

It was a lightweight splint armor usable by druids (made of wyvern's scales), but it still was too encumbering in V2, it will encumber as a chain mail in v3 (e.g. 5% DEX penalty instead of 10%).

Sunstone Bullet +2 Done

Compared to v2's version I've decreased enchantment by one, but they still are quite better than vanilla's ones.

Bullet of Smiting +3 Done

A "new" bullet kindly borrowed from NWN: "These bullets are especially dense and weigh twice as much as ordinary specimens. When launched, they seem to accumulate even more mass on their way to the target, finally smashing into the unlucky victim with the force of a swung mace." They deal 2d3 crushing damage on hit, but they are kinda rare, as they replace vanilla's +4 bullets. They are what they seem...anti-golem bullets! ;)

Cloak of displacement Done

Due to tachnical issues I've made it more "simple", though it still is almost identical to its AD&D PnP version (except the "first hit always misses" feature). Note that unlike the "classic" AC bonus this cloak's effects are not affected by the hardcoded minimum AC cap.

Displacement: opponents suffer -2 penalty to attack rolls when fighting the wearer with melee weapons, -4 with ranged ones

Cloak of the Wolf Done

It didn't have a single 'while equipped' effect, and I've opted for a "moderate" regeneration rate (1hp every 2 rounds).

Nymph Cloak Done

Its Blinding Beauty ability now affects almost only humanoids (a la Charm spell), and is considered an Illusion, much like Nature's Beauty.

Cloak of the Sewers Done

I've removed the Troll form, and added immunity to disease effects (including SR's Stinking Cloud and ghast's stench).

Cloak of Bravery Done

It now works similarly to PnP Heroism spell, granting immunity to fear, +10 hit points and +2 to thac0. In theory it should also grant +2 to damage, but I'd go for it only if we make it work as a non-stackable "bless" bonus.

Improved Cloak of Protection Done

We've replaced once/day Improved Haste/Invisibility with Mantle.

It probably needs something more, but I fear that a Cloak of Protection +3 would be too much, am I wrong?

Robes of Fire/Cold/Electrical/Acid Resistance Done

They now grant 40% resistance, and I've worked to make them set avatars main colors to better match paperdolls and icons.

I've also added a Robe of Acid Resistance. :rolleyes:

Knave's Robe Done

I've replaced V2's +1 AC with immunity to backstab.

Traveler's Robe Done

I had to remove the immunity to fatigue because it didn't worked as I hoped (it didn't protected from fatigue caused by travelling in different areas of the world map). The movement rate bonus is still the prominent feature imo, and I've replaced +1 AC with +2 AC vs. missiles, and +2 to saves vs. breath.

Adventurer's Robe Done

I've simply removed +1 AC and increased physical resistance from 5% to 10%.

Robe of the Weave Done

Replaces the Robe of the Good Archmagi. "Crafted by some of the finest mages and weavers of the Realms, these robes are made from the fibers of plants specially cultivated during the Time of Troubles, and the weave of the robes is woven counter to the magical Weave of Faerun. The resulting robes grant the wearer significant resistance to all spells, and are a favored defensive tool of powerful spellcasters, but beyond just mere magical protection, a robe such as this is a symbol of prestige."

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +20% bonus

Robe of the Battlemage Done

Replaces the Robe of the Neutral Archmagi. "Battlemages are wizards trained to fight in the heat of combat, and developing their abilities for the purpose of offensive use. Battlemages are dangerous to behold, deadly and capable of long-term combat survival. In order to make themselves all the more lethal in a battle field, battlemages wear robes which offer protection from all forms of physical attack, while at the same time increasing their fighting skills and resistance."

Equipped Abilities:

Thac0: +2 bonus

Armor Class: +2 bonus

Maximum Hit Points: +10 bonus

Robe of Arcane Might Done

Replaces the Robe of the Evil Archmagi. "While garments like this have been found in almost every culture with a strong contingent of spellcasters, this example and most others in the areas around Baldur's Gate and Amn are believed to have originated within Ulcaster's School of Wizardry. The school presented no bias in its teachings, and hosted casters from all across the Sword Coast until its destruction some 200 years ago."

Equipped Abilities:

Caster Level: +2 bonus

Saving Throws: +2 bonus

Magic Damage Resistance: +20% bonus

Robe of the Apprenti Done

Now uses a custom bam which looks like a robe and not as a cloak! I've also worked on its look/color to make the character avatar match the icon as much as possible. If you ask me 'set AC to 3' is slightly too much, but I haven't changed it for now.

Robe of Larloch Done

I've simply replaced 'set AC to 5' with +1 to AC and saves, which is going to be a lot better for Azamantes (the lich wearing it) considering his base AC is -4!

Werebane +2 Done

I've made it more simple +2 enchnted silver dagger.

Silver Blade: inflicts 4 additional points of damage against lycanthropes and vampires

Neb's Nasty Cutter +1 Done

This weapon was overpowered for V3's standards (probably for V2 too!). Many changes here:

- I've removed the bastard sword-like damage feature

- Keen feature is now limited to +5% (actually I should probably avoid using it on 1handed weapons )

- 'slow' effect and 'poison' effects really don't work well on the same weapon (the former hinders the latter), thus I've replace them with two 'disease' effects (slow, plus 1 dmg every round for 1 turn). This should also make the Nasty Cutter more unique compared to the Dagger of Venom.

Stiletto of Demarchness +2 Done

Its paralyzing effect was too powerful in V2 (it's as effective as Celestial Fury's Booming Thunder, which counts as a +3 enhancement bonus!), thus I've restored its vanilla-like 20% chance to trigger (instead of V2's 50%).

Pixie Prick +2 Done

Same as above, 20% chance to trigger. I've also adjusted its color palette.

Is its 20% chance to become invisible much more appeling than Stiletto's 2 points of bleeding damage?

Spider Fang +3 Done

Its Web effect triggers with a 33% chance instead of 50%.

I'd personally make it last a bit longer (3 rounds) and work as a sort of entangle (0% movement rate, -2 penalty to thac0 and AC) instead of paralyzing the target, the only thing holding me back is that it wouldn't be consistent with vanilla's Web spell.

Life Stealer +4 Done

I've yet to decide where to restore it, and I may have to mod what I did ages ago about its background as I used Entreri's lore. I've made it use V3's standard Vampiric effect which reduces target's current hit points instead of dealing magic damage, and doesn't work against non-living targets anymore.

Dagger of the Star +4/+5 Done

Various changes:

- its blinding Stardust effect triggers with a 20% chance instead of 25%

- Starmetal additional damage is now effective on rakshasas, elementals and fallen celestials too (it worked "only" on demons & devils)

- Starbolt effect is quite changed, as I've replaced 2d6(x2) fire/electrical damage with 4d4 magic damage, and replaced MMM's fire explosion animation with Bolt of Glory's one.

Suryris's Blade +2 Done

I've sonly replaced its Knockback effect with an almost identical Stunnnig one because I want the former to reamin a unique feature of the improved Staff of the Ram. Golems, slimes, incorporeal and illusionary creatures cannot be stunned.

Wyrmcleaver +3 Done

Cleave effect now triggers 33% of times instead of 20% (this small changes belongs to the "make all effects slightly more effective when used by 2handed weapons" rule).

Dragon's Breath +3 Done

Very minor change, as I've replaced 2d6 points of elemental damage (save for half) with 1d10 (no save).

The Wave +4 Done

I've only refined the various effects. Dehytrating effect now doesn't cause 4d6 cold damage anymore but reduces target's hit points by 15 (via "current hp bonus") and doesn't work on elementals, golems, undead, and illusionary creatures. Its slaying effect now works on fire giants too, and I've included a tweak to make it work against SCS modified efreeti, but fire creatures are allowed a save at -4 penalty to avoid being slayed.

I find extremely hard to determine the true power lvl of this weapon, thus feedback is essential here.

The Ravager +4/+5 Done

Dooming effect uses the refined version we discussed for Bone Club. I've fixed the various colors to make icon, paperdoll, and avatar better match each other; only the upgraded weapon retain the glowing effect, and it's not red but green. I had to completely change the vorpal-like poison effect because of technical issues.

Viperous: 15% chance to inject a lethal poison which inflicts 10 points of damage every second for 2 rounds unless a save vs. poison at -4 penalty is made

If Taimon or some other "god of hacking" ever fixes the broken 'repeating EFF' opcode I'd love to remove the x/day Cloak of Fear and replace it with a permanent Aura of Fear.

Hammer of Corrosion +1 Done

Minor changes. Corrosion effect has been slightly changed (50% chance, -1 AC penalty for 2 rounds) and improved to match V3 standards (e.g. it doesn't work on incorporeal creatures).

Rift Hammer +2 Done

Fearsome effect wasn't ideal for a melee weapon (with a ranged one it's is cool to keep targets disabled and fleeing, but the 'fleeing' part may actually annoy you when you're trying to engage the target in melee), thus I implemented here something I planned to do for at least one crushing weapon, a Resonating effect (which incidentally is very similar to what NWN Rift Hammer does).

Resonating: 10% chance of unleashing a powerful shock wave, dealing 4d4 points of crushing damage to every opponent within 10 feet

Wrath of Tyr +2 Done

As previously mentioned this hammer replaces Ashideena. I think the effects that better suit this holy golden hammer (and the new background) are either Holy Smite, or Sunblade-like properties, and most players voted for the former.

Holy Smite: 20% chance against evil creatures to deal 5D4 points of magic damage, and to blind the target for 1 round unless a save vs. spell is made

Dwarven Thrower +2 Done

It's mostly unchanged, but +3 enchantment was too much for an item available quite early in SoA. Note that it still does a tremendous amount of damage as per PnP (twice as much as a normal hammer).

Combat Abilities:

Racial Enemy: inflicts 4 additional points of damage against giants and ogres

Returning: returns to the wielder's hand instantly after an attack is made

THAC0: +2 bonus

Damage: 2D4 + 4

Hammer of Thunderbolts +3 Done

I've removed the Thundering effect. A +3 hammer with electrical damage isn't such a unique concept, but this weapon can actually be considered a "component" for Crom Faeyr rather than a full fledged item (and it was even worse in vanilla with no elemental properties).

Crom Faeyr +4 Done

For V3's standards this weapon was really too powerful. I don't know why I missed it back then but in PnP the hammer can be thrown only ONCE per round, making it, and its Thundeclap ability in particular, much less powerful. I think this feature is a good way to nerf it without removing any defining feature. Using it in melee isn't a sub-optimal choice anymore, because you lose the stunning effect but you have better apr. Anyway, the only way to implement such feature is to have ranged version of the weapon set base apr to 1/2 (less drastic than in PnP), and to do it I needed to remove the hybrid form of the weapon, which means you now have a melee-only and a ranged-only version of the hammer.

Last but not least I do think +4 enchantment should be enough even if I know there are hordes of players out there who may not welcome such change. Just keep in mind that +4 is enough to hit every creature (e.g. demiliches).

Even now Crom Faeyr is still the most heavily enchanted 1handed weapon in the entire game.

Runehammer +3/+4 Done

Its V2's concept was quite lame (sorry), though not so lame as vanilla's Hammer of Disruption. As I previously discussed somewhere I've used here a completely new Banishing effect on hit with a quite cool animation. This weapon is now made of Starmetal like the Dagger of the Stars, which makes it cause additional damage vs ALL demons, rakshasas, elementals, and fallen devas/planetars.

Equipped Abilities:

Magic Resistance: +5% bonus

Combat Abilities:

Banishing: summoned creatures must save vs. spell or be dismissed

Starmetal: inflicts 4 additional points of damage against extraplanar creatures

The improved version gets the old +1 enchantment, Immunity to Fear, once/day abilities (though Champion's Strength replaces Righteous Magic which replaced Giant Strength back then :rolleyes: ), and +5% magic resistance (which is the thing I still don't like about this hammer).

Helm of Glory Done

I've made it use a permanent Bless effect (non-cumulative +1 to hit/dmg/morale), while keeping its old +1 CHR. It cannot be used by evil-aligned characters.

Helm of Despair Done

The black evil version of the golden Helm of Glory (same stats). It cannot be used by good-aligned characters. It "replaces" my never implemented Helm of Darkness which used Helm of Opposite Alignment resource (helm02).

Helmet of Defense Done

I previously removed its vanilla '+1 to all saves', while keeping its Elemental Resistance feature. It now works the other way around, because elemental resistances are granted by too many other helmets, and because I wanted its defensive abilities to be as generic as possible and work on almost all situations.

Watcher's Helm Done

It replaces V2's Helm of Resilience, and grants immunity to blindness and deafness.

Helm of Balduran Done

It now works almost as per vanilla, but instead of +1 to all saves it grants +5% magic resistance (and a smll mr bonus will be granted to all other items of the Balduran set).

Dragon Helm Done

I've removed its 'immunity to fear' (also because Kiel's Helmet does that) and I've tried to make it work as a part of a set of items. Instead of setting fire/cold/electricity res to 25% like in vanilla it will raise fire resistance by 20%, but it will also grant immunity to sleep and unconsciousness. Coupled with Dragon Shield's Hold the Line ability you get complete immunity to wing buffet's effects, and if these two items are used together with the Red Dragonplate Armor you alse get immunity to fire resistance.

Shadow Veil Done

This is my first attempt to give Vhailor's Helm a decent background (I couldn't find neither a good background nor good in game effects following the illusion based theme). In theory I see it as a sort of opposite to the Helm of Brilliance, thus a heavily enchanted helmet (PnP HoB is way more powerful than BG's one) with various shadow/cold based abilities. Its 40% cold resistance add on is almost cosmetic (but it may become more important with SR V4), as well as its darkvision effect, whereas the whole shadow clone thing (aka Simulacrum) is as cool as powerful. I may add a 1-2 x/day abilities in the future (e.g. Darkness, Shadow Step, Shadow Door... you get the idea), but it doesn't seemed a priority and first I want to see if the new concept is accepted.

For obvious roleplaying reasons paladins cannot use it anymore (they shouldn't even with the illusion based theme). I also tried t use a "new" bam for it, t's not perfect, but at least it's unique.

Helm of the Rock Done

I've slightly extended its description to give it a decent background, and the improved version has a slightly changed name (Horned Helm of The Rock). After a lot of discussions I've almost restored its vanilla version. The unimproved version now grants 15% resistance to elemental damage (fire, cold acid and electricity but without vanilla's poison dmg), while the horned version grants +25% (as per vanilla), and three times per day the wearer can use a Gaze of Despair ability (save vs spell or stun the target for 2 rounds unless immune to fear or gaze attacks) which replaces vanilla's Cloak of Fear. I thought about lowering resistances by 5% and add +1 to AC, but either way it's fine imo.

It's still restricted to fighters as per vanilla, though I don't see a particular reason for it other than maybe roleplaying reasons (e.g. only an epic fighter can demoralize someone with just a gaze throught the eyeslots of this helmet), and balance reasons (only true fighters can wear the most powerful helmet).

Thieves' Hood Done

I've removed AC bonus from both hoods (as per vanilla). The improved version now uses a slightly different name (Master Thief's Hood), and instead of Truee Seeing it can cast Improved Invisibility. I've come up with the latter change because:

- to upgrade the hood Cespenar uses the Ring of Invisibility (3x day Invisibility)

- there was no True Seeing component used to upgrade it, as the other component is an Antidote

- thieves already have their innate Detect Illusion which pratically outshine True Seeing, whereas they can't hide in plain sight, making II a much more useful ability for them

Last but not least, I've replaced "immunity to backstab" with "non-detection".

Pearly White Ioun Stone Done

As we previously discussed, I've moved here Cloak of the Sewer's ability to polymorph into a troll. I've also slightly raised regeneration rate to match Cloak of the Wolf one. I'd probably prefer to rename the item to be more "recognizeable", but I can live with the current one.

Trueblood's Ioun Stone Done

I'm restoring it to its vanilla version (no +1 to saves vs death).

Golden Ioun Stone Done

I've replaced 5% magic resistance with +2 caster lvl bonus.

Obsidian Ioun Stone Done

I've replaced 5% physical resistance with +3 to saves vs death. Despite my hate for the "infinite instant Heal" glitch I'd really want to keep +1 CON here, and as long as it's +1 (not Girdle's +2) I think my old sub-optimal fix is fine (equipping it deals 10 points of damage), and I'll try to justify it in the description. I assume the item will mostly be worn only by those character who can actually benefit from having +1 CON, making the fix much less noticeable (whereas +2 CON grants a really too random amount of hp).

Lavander Ioun Stone Done

I've replaced +1 AC with +1 DEX, and +3 to saves vs death with +3 to saves vs breath.

Bronze Ioun Stone Done

This stone is now usable by anyone (not only mages) and grants 10% magic resistance instead of an 8th lvl spell slot. When upgraded into the Circle of Netheril it's usable only by mages and grant mr plus one additional 8th and 9th lvl spell slots (as per V2, with magic resistance replacing hit points bonus).

Malla's Soul Stone Done

The list of changes include:

* Immunity to poison effects instead of Cure Poison once per day

* +10 hit points instead of +1 CON

* +1 AC instead of +1 DEX

* added a Ioun Stone animation

* slightly changed its description

Wong Fei's Ioun Stone Done

For now I've only replaced +15 hp with immunity to confusion and feeblemindness. I've not restricted it to monks, but monks and fighters. Should I open it to all warriors?

Protector of the Second +2 Done

This is available early within BG1, and V2's full Free Action effect was too much for it. It now grants a more generic protection effect (+1 to all saves) and immunity to entangle (I'd extend the immunity to Spike Growth and or Spike Stone if I add them within SR V4).

Karajah's Leather Armor +2 Done

Its V2 version causes more "issues" than you can imagine :rolleyes: and it wasn't really working as hinted by its background, thus I'm changing it to fix that too. It now grants +2 DEX and +2 to saves vs breath, but I've lowered its enchantment lvl by 1.

Skin of the Forest +3 Done

"Replaces" Mielikki's Gift +4 (though the background is unchanged, as it still really fits the item). After many changes I've opted back to Ardanis idea: permanent Barkskin effect. The end result is that this armor now grants AC 1 (which coincides with both vanilla's highest Barkskin AC value, and the AC you'd have with SR's +4 AC bonus on top of this armor base AC 5). This makes the armor really special, as it's the light armor with the best AC in the whole game (on par with Shadow Dragonhide Armor), and with no stealth/movement penalty. At the same time though, the armor has no other special ability/effect, and its Barkskin effect doesn't stack with SR's Barkskin (which means other light armors actually allow a potentially better AC if there's a druid or ranger in the party).

Human Flesh +4 Done

I've lowered its enchantment lvl by 1, and added a Protection from Good effect. I know it's almost only cosmetic within BG, but it fits it too much and helps making it look more unique. We could replace it with a sort of Unholy Aura if we think it's necessary but I guess the main reason to wear it is its 20% magic resistance.

Grandmaster's Armor +5 Done

For technical reasons I had to slightly refine it, but the only changes players should notice are that the wearer is now immune to slow (both opcode and spells, because the latter have secondary effects like AC/THAC0 penalties), and a 'haste' icon is now displayed on character's portrait.

Orc Leather +2 Done

I'm opting to reduce its enchantment lvl from +3 to +2 because it's really easy to get it early on. Compared to vanilla it should still be much more effective/appealing (it had 10% missile resistance instead of 10% to all forms of physical dmg), especially for barbarians with mid-high DEX.

Shadow Armor +3 Done

I'm only lowering the hide bonus a little. I should lower it to +2 enchantment imo, but I haven't opted for it. I've slightly refined its concept (small description changes, no weight, no STR requirements), making it similar to SR's Ghost Armor.

Armor of Deep Night +5 Done

I've raised its enchantment lvl by one, but I've removed immunity to blindeness and it's re-allocated later on (Ribald's secret stash, chapter 6). I'd like to add something to make it look more unique (e.g. a Darkness effect?), even if small and mostly cosmetic (e.g. Darkvision?).

Skin of the Ghoul +2 Done

It was a leather armor +3 in V2, but I wanted to make it a hide armor for various reasons. Even if it's less enchanted it grants +1 AC more than in V2, but I've slightly nerfed its Stench effect (-2 penalty to hit and 20% spell failure, matching SR's ghast one), and the bonus to saves vs paralysis (+2 instead of +3).

It is potentially outstanding early on, thus let me know how effective its Stench effects is (e.g. should we make its save easier?).

Aeger's Hide +3 Done

It still has +10% elemental resistances but you know I like all items to look at least slightly unique if possible, and I always wanted to add here some sort of Animal Rage ability here, thus I tried to do something about it: "when the wearer drops below 25% hit points, he gains +2 bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and movement rate, but loses control of himself". Let me know what do you think about it.

Trollhide Armor +4 Done

It replaces the green Studded Leather of Thorns, in order to have a highly enchanted hide armor for the late chapters of the game. It will grant full troll's regeneration rate (2hp per round), which is too much imo (it's a +5 bonus) without some drawback (e.g. -20% fire/acid resistance), thus I'll probably implement the latter asap if I manage to make it work without issues (e.g. SR's ProFire spell enforce immunity to fire based spells even if the armor lowers fire resistance).

Delver's Plate +2 Done

I've replaced '+3 to saves vs spell' with '+50% magic damage resistance'. I'm restoring vanilla's original +2 enchantment because it's relatively easy to obtain, and I want pre-underdark +3 items to be rare, hard to obtain, quest-related or worn by a though boss-like character.

Radiant Plate +2 Done

This is probably the armor I'm more unsure of. In theory it begs for anti-undead properties, but for now I've only lowered it's enchantment level by one for balance reasons (it's found late in BG1-ToSC and an early in BG2). This is ideally part of a set of items which icludes the Helm of Glory, Daystar (both weapon and armor are +2, +4 vs evil) and Saving Grace.

Doomplate +3 Done

Despite its extremely powerful dooming aura this armor was less enchanted than it could because of its drawbacks (-1 to luck means -1 penalty to hit/dmg and all saves). Thus I've greatly improved its Aura of Despair, which now doesn't allow a save anymore. Otoh I've reduced the aura's AoE from 15' to 10' radius, and its effect won't stack with any another Doom spell/effect.

Balduran's Plate +2 Done

I'm restoring vanilla's +5hp which, together with +5% magic resistance, will replace V2's slow regeneration, making this armor complementary to the Helm of Balduran.

Casiel's Soul +3 Done

I've renamed V2's Death Knight Armor because the old name was making it look "generic" imo. It was really overpowered (many players easily noticed it), mainly because its drawback could be avoided very easily (the wearer cannot be affected by all healing and curative necromantic spells, but it was easy to drop it after combat for a quick healing). I've made it a cursed armor to fix that, and I've removed the convenient immunity to level drain (its owner is a Death Knight after all).

Armor of the Hart +3 Done

I'm lowering enchantment lvl by 1 (as per vanilla), but Heroic Inspiration will grant +2 bonus to hit/dmg/saves (instead of +1) to make it more noticeable when it triggers (it it too powerful?), and the wearer is now immune to fear.

Enkidu's Armor +4 Done

Balduran's Plate now has magic res as defining feature, thus I've replaced Enkidu's +5% mr with +1 to all saves.

Ring of Animal Friendship & Ring of Holiness Done

I've turned Ring of Animal Friendship into a druid/ranger version of the Ring of Holiness, and I've renamed it Band of the Forest (I've stolen a bit of lore from NWN to extend this item's background). It was pointless imo to grant Charm Animal ability (a rather weak ability) to two classes that already have it by themselves, and +1 WIS was more or less an additional spell slot or two (but only for druids, excluding rangers).

Ring of Holiness is not usable by druids anymore, but it's now usable by paladins.

Ring of Nimbleness Done

My first attempt at making this cursed ring a semi-usable item. With its old name Ring of Clumsiness I could have gone only for something too similar to what I did for the cursed Gauntlets of Might, thus I kinda stolen the idea from Salk's mod to invert the ring's name. Long story short, it now grants +3 DEX but causes -1 STR and -2 CON. It's just a draft thus feel free to suggests alternative solutions (e.g. I though about a permanent Evasion effect while equipped), especially if it doesn't require a heavy revision of its background.

Ring of Energy Done

Almost unchanged, but it's now used as a component to upgrade Erinne Sling.

Night's Embrace Done

Replaces the Ring of Infravision, though it still grant infravion itself on top of +40% bonus to hide in shadows.

Ring of Folly Done

My first attempt at making this cursed ring a semi-usable item. For now it grants +1 bonus to casting speed, but any spell cast by the wearer is affected by a wilde surge (which could even be a bonus in some cases).

Ring of the Ram Done

It's now a component to upgrade the Staff of the Ram.

What about granting the wearer a small knockback chance on hit while equipped? I have all the files ready to make it work only on monks (beta testers may actually try it modifying its trigering chance which currently is 0%).

Ring of Human Influence Done

It now grants +2 AC and saves against humans (not humanoids, only humans).

Ring of Lockpicking Done

I'm lowering lockpick bonus from 25% to 20%, but I'm adding +1 DEX. I still don't like it much, and I wouldn't mind to completely replace it with a better concpet.

Ring of Danger Sense Done

I'm turning +1 to all saves into +2 to saves vs breath, lowering find trap bonus to 20%, and replacing +1 AC with 'immunity to backstab'. It indeed is a must have item for thieves now.

Ring of Air Control Done

I'm replacing +50% electrical resistance (which it hadn't in vanilla) with immunity to cloud based spells (Stinking Cloud, Cloudkill, Acid Fog, Incendiary Cloud), and Improved Invisibility with Gaseous Form (as per SR's genies). Instead of Charm Air Elemental I'm moving here Conjure Lesser Air Elemental.

Ring of Earth Control Done

I'm replacing +10% phisical resistance with +2 AC for technical/balance reasons, but it had +1 AC and saves in vanilla, thus it's still quite similar. Instead of Charm Earth Elemental I'm moving here Conjure Lesser Earth Elemental.

Ring of Fire Control Done

I'm restoring vanilla's 50% res (instead of V2's 40%), because it allows me to make its custom Fireshield grant complety immunity to fire-based spells a la SR. Instead of Charm Fire Elemental I'm moving here Conjure Lesser Fire Elemental.

Ring of Spell Turning Done

It needed a while equipped effect, thus I've added +10% magic resistance.

Ring of Kangaxx Done

It was really OP, but it has to remain the most powerful ring, even a tad unbalanced if necessary. I've removed its 10% magic resistance (instead of lowering AC and save bonuses by 1 as I previously said), though replacing even those generic bonuses with something more "unique" wouldn't hurt imo.

I've also replaced its x/day abilities with more appropriate ones:

- the short lasting 3xday Improved Haste is replaced by 3xday Vampiric Touch

- 1xday Invisibility is replaced by Finger of Death

Heartwood Ring Done

I'm adding a 5th lvl spell slot, which combined with vanilla's ones and Band of the Forest will grant +1 spell for each lvl.

Larloch's Soul Stealer Done

It replaces the pathetic Ring of Anti-venom. It grants +10 hit points, and the wearer heal 1-4 hp on each melee hit.

Ring of the Phantom Wraith Done

While equipped the user is permantly affect by a Wraith Form effect, which more or less is a lesser version of SR's Ghost Form. It currently grants immunity to non-magical weapons and spell or spell-like effects which shouldn't affect incorporeal targets (e.g. entangle, web, polymorph, disintegrate, implosion, and few others). Furthermore a character under WF is supposed to almost float above the ground (I cannot reproduce it within BG), thus he/she is immune to effects which shouldn't affect flying creatures (e.g. Grease, Earthquake, ...) and moves silently (+50% bonus). It still grants a 1/day use of Improved Invisibility, and it still is thief-only (though thief-mages can use it).

Kiel's Buckler +2 Done

I've replaced +1 DEX with immunity to hold and stun, to make it go along with Kiel's Morning Star (immunity to charm and confusion) and Kiel's Helmet (immunity to fear).

Shield of Harmony +2 Done

Nothing drastic but I've removed immunity to hold (it still has charm and confusion), and restored BG2 animation and bams.

SoH and the new druid oriented small shield use BG2's small shield animation, but unfortunately 1PP doesn't cover the paperdoll for it. I've used the star shaped paperdoll bam (c5) previously used in an old work of Erephine.

Nature's Ward +2 Done

This is a druid-oriented small shield which replaces Shield of the Lost. It uses vanilla's Shield of Reflection bams and animation, and grants +2 AC/saves vs unnatural creatures (all monsters and undead creatures).

Saving Grace +3 Done

Quite drastic changes here. It previously was a medium shield, it now uses V2's Small Shield +1 bam (the rounded one with the bronze, almost golden color), and I've made its color palette match Radiant Armor and Helm of Glory. Both the shield and the armor now has a glowing effect which is not visible during the day, but make them emanate light during the night.

Within V2 it granted +2 AC/saves vs undead creatures, which I've replaced with a Searing Light effect: "all who strike the wearer in melee must save vs. spell or be blinded for 1 round, undead creatures also suffer 2d6 points of damage".

Shield of Balduran +2 Done

Ardanis and I come up with a twisted solution. This shield is now identical to V2's Shield of the Lost (bams, animation, and while equipped 10% mr bonus) to make it a good complementary item for the Balduran Set (all of its items have magic resistance). At the same time Sentinel has been replaced by V2's Shield of Balduran, now renamed Mirror Shield (which deflects all gaze attacks and beholder's rays).

Note: Don't worry, any mod AI will still detect the correct Shield of Cheese, thus SCS beholders will try to use telekinesis against Mirror Shield, not Shield of Balduran. wink.gif

Dragon Scale Shield +2 Done

As discussed, it now grants +30% fire resistance, making it shine if the entire Red Dragon set is used, and more similar to its vanilla's version (it SET fire, cold and electricity resistance to 25%). It still has V2's Hold the Line effect but I've renamed it Force Absorbing, let me know if you prefer the old name or you have a better one.

Mirror Shield +3 Done

As discussed above, it "replaces" Sentinel but uses the old Shield of Balduran effects. I've also worked on its color palette to make it look as mirror looking as possible (with a brilliant white color), and I've made it use 1PP BG1 medium shield animation (D3).

I've slightly nerfed it, because instead of reflecting beholder's rays it will "only" deflect them. In an effort to make it good in more circumstances than just beholder encounters it now deflects all gaze attacks and ray attacks (e.g. Ray of Enfeeblement, Scorching Ray, RRoR and Prismatic Spray).

P.S Ardanis suggested to keep it where Sentinel was, drow city, and I'm ok with it.

Shield of the Order +4 Done

Its vanilla's +1 to saves has been replaced by a Protection from Demons effect (+2 bonus to AC and saving throws vs. demonic creatures and fallen celestials), and as planned I've opted to make it grant one additional paladin/cleric spell slot from 1st to 4th lvl, though better ideas would be welcome.

P.S Pride of the Order color palette has been revised to match this shield's one, though the difference in power lvl between the two makes kinda improbable anyone is going to equip them together. :undecided:

Dwarven Large Shield +2 Done

I needed something for this unique shield, but at the same time it had to be a small +1 enhancement bonus because this is a BG1 shield, and I ended up moving here SotO's +1 to all saves. It fits both its dwarven origin (dwarves have innate save bonuses) and paladin's background (paladins get +2 to all saves). It makes it a relatively generic but very effective shield for anyone in the mid-game, and particularly effective if used by dwarves or paladins.

I kept V2's name, but I can easily change it if we have a better one in mind.

Sling of Seeking +1 Done

It replaces a unique but plain Sling +3 available within TSC expansion. I've used NWN's background for it, which is perfect, and right now the concept is quite simple: an incredibly accurate sling (additional +6 to hit rolls).

I may try to test a "bounce to secondary target on hit" effect for it, but it's not a priority.

Sling of Force +2 Done

"Replaces" the Sling of Seeking, without actually changing anything to it other than the name.

Sling of Arvoreen +2 Done

Well, +4 was too much for a 1 handed mid-late SoA weapon within V3, but I went as far as lowering it to +2 to allow me using a more powerful unique abiliy (not to mention enchantment lvl on launchers are much less important because ammo's enchantment is used).

I almost preserved vanilla's concept in V2 turning its once per day ability into a % based on hit stun effect, but I wanted something slightly more unique and ended up combining the new Resonating effect (and its new animation) and the old stun effect. The result is a Sound Burst effect almost identical to the homonymous PnP spell: "15% chance to blast an area of 10 feet radius with a tremendous sonic wave, dealing 4d4 points of damage to opponents within it, and stunning them for 1 round unless a save vs. spell is made".

Erinne Sling +3/+4 Done

I've made this the "no ammo" sling, by making it fire Energy Bolts. Enchantment lvl has been reduced by 1 on both versions. It previously didn't need any recipient to upgrade it, whereas now Cespenar will ask for the Ring of Energy.

Talos' Fury +2 Done

I've simply renamed Halcyon, granted an appropriate background, and increased enchantment lvl by 1.

Backbiter +3 Done

Small refinement to its Viscious ability, which now lowers wielder's hit points without causing a dmg animation, though such change also makes the effect not affected by any resistance.

Impaler +3 Done

I've made it a Returning throwing spear, while its Impaling effect is separated from the base dmg output and works as a 1d10 piercing dmg on hit (even when thrown the additional dmg is piercing). In theory I want it to keep the "most damaging" role within spears.

Spear of Whitering +3 Done

I've refined its Contagious effect by making it work via spl file, which now triggers 15% of times instead of 5%, but allows a save vs. death/poison at -4 penalty to negate.

I've removed its azure 'colorglow pulse' effect. If we do want it to have a similar effect the color palette should at least be a dark green one.

Ixil's Spike +4/+5 Done

I've lowered Pin's duration from 3 to 2 rounds, and Pin's dmg from 1d6+5 to 1d4+5 (only a small "conceptual" refinement to remember it was a dagger) but the effect now uses 'hold creature 2' opcode instead of 'sleep' opcode which was causing it to not work in many cases where it should (e.g. all undead creatures are immune to sleep, Chaotic Commands protected from it, etc.). I've made elementals, golems, skeletons (only skeletons, not all undead), Mordy swords and incorporeal or illusionary creatures immune to it.

Staff of Curing +1 Done

I replaced its +2 AC with a Healing Aura (while equipped - wielder and allies within 20 feet are cured of 1 hit point every 3 rounds) and its once per day ability now is a Healing Surge (heals 20 hit points to all allies).

Martial Staff +2 Done

I raised its AC bonus from 1 to 2, and critical hit chance bonus from 5% to 10%, but removed the additional 1d6 crushing damage.

Staff of Air +2 Done

All the elemental staves needed a slight improvement imo. For this staff I opted for a straightforward +1 apr (instead of its V2's +1/2 and a chance of increasing it) and a Whirlwind Attack (20% chance to deal 1d6+2 dmg to opponents within 5 feet - it should simulate a hit on every opponent around the wielder).

Each elemental staff now has only one x/day special ability (summons are moved to Rings of Elemental Control). This staff still has V2's Gust of Wind (as per SR spell), though Wind Wall (aka ProMissile) wasn't a bad idea either imo.

Staff of Earth +2 Done

I've replaced its entangling effect on hit with Stonehold (50% chance target must save vs. petrify or be held for 2 rounds), and Earthshaking ( Note that this effect works on undead too, unlike HM and most paralyzing effects, but I made it not work on incorporeal and illusionary creatures.

Its once/day ability has remained V2's Earth Grasp (a party-friendly Entangle).

Staff of Fire +2 Done

I've replaced the common Flaming ability with Shroud of Flame (2 points of fire damage for 2 rounds) and added Burst of Flame (10% chance to deal 4d6 points of damage to opponents within 5 feet - similarly to Firetooh's Fire Bolts).

Its once/per day ability is Fireball.

Staff of Thunder and Lightning +2 Done

I've simply replaced its critical-hit like electrical damage (20% chance, 2d6 points of damage) with the more reliable Shocking ability (1d6 on each hit).

Cleric's Staff +3 Done

I completely erased the chanes made in previous versions, and I sort of restored vanilla's +3 enchantment, but only because the staff now has the Undead Bane property (against non undead it's a +1 weapon). The staff also grants +2 AC/saves vs undead creatures, and and cast Halt Undead on hit. It's now usable only by clerics, as expected with a name like that.

Staff of Command +3 Done

I removed the immunity to charm effects, while I added a while equipped Aura of Command (opponents within 30 feet suffer -2 penalty to saves vs. spell) and an on hit Mindbreaking effect (15% chance target must save vs. spell at -4 or be feebleminded). Minor changes to its once per day ability, as it now uses a custom spl (as ALL spells within IR now do) to make it not count as a wizard spell, mainly to avoid the cowled wizards issue, but also because it allows me to make sure it works as per item's description. I've also slightly altered its lore to better fit its new effects and current whereabouts (which hasn't changed).

Serpent Shaft +3 Done

Mostly unchanged, I simply replaced the old Snake Bite ability (not properly working as every Arrow of Biting-like item) with the Viperous one discussed for The Ravager +5.

Staff of Rynn +3 Done

After much discussions we've decided to make it a late game spellcaster-oriented staff. I've tried to use effects which could suit its lore tied to a potent witch, thus it cast fear on hit (both Horror and Spook would fit), and once per day it can curse its enemies (aka Greter Malison - I'm thinkinh about making it work like a Symbol of Malison). Its most important feature though should be its while equipped Hexproof ability, which should grant protections from many enchantments and transmutations. Hexproof won't protect from charm effects, but it will protect from Doom, Bane (reverse of Bless), Malison, Symbols, Polymorph and similar effects.

Note: I do need feedback to compile the list of effects Hexproof should protect from and the ones it shouldn't, thus let me know!

Staff of the Woodlands +4 Done

Quite a few changes, but the most important one is that its Barkskin effect isn't a "while equipped" effect anymore (it would clash with Skin of the Forest armor), but a once per day ability which replaces its Charm Animal. The latter has been expanded into a while equipped aura which automatically befriend any animal within sight (save vs. spell at -4 or be charmed), but it has very little purpose in terms of gameplay. The staff's signature effect now is a high regeneration rate (1 hp per round), but let me know if you have better ideas.

Staff of the Magi +5 Done

I removed its permanent ProEvil (which was misleading as the staff isn't good-aligned) and raised magic resistance from 10% to 20%. Its Dispelling ability in now applied via custom spl, and can be blocked by SI:Abj.

Staff of the Ram +4/+5 Done

Instead of Roranarch's Helm the component required to upgrade this staff now is the Ring of the Ram. Only the upgraded version has the knockback effect, but both versions are more damaging than before (as per vanilla).

Arbane's Sword +2 Done

I've taken the liberty to slightly alter its immunities. Considering the sword's namesake, Sword of Agility, its immunity to mind affecting effects like hold and stun made no sense, thus instead of 'immunity to hold, slow, & stun' this sword now grants 'immunity to entangle, grease, slow & web effects'. This also helps to slightly "nerf" this powerful sword as it is acquired very soon.

I still believe its x/day lesser Haste effect should be somehow replaced by a semi-equivalent on hit combat ability because all early game short swords (this, Ilbratha and Kundane) currently are too too much oriented to be only "off hand" weapons, but for now I left it unchanged.

Cutthroat +3 Done

Enchantment has been reduced by 1, and I've replaced V2's Keen effect with a slightly more unique one, Cutthroating (target must save vs. death or be silenced for 3 rounds while suffering 1 point of bleeding damage every 3 seconds).

Short Sword of Mask +4/+5 Done

Only the improved version now has the Paralyzing effect, which is considered a poison effect (I may even make Neutralize Poison work against it within SR V4) and now uses the standardized spl shared by Stiletto of Demarchess. I've also removed non-detection from the +5 version because the sword was really too powerful.

Namarra +2 Done

Various players reported that this weapon was too powerful considering how early and easily you could get it, but instead of nerfing it I've actually improved it and then moved to a later stage of the game, post Spellhold, where long swords were strangely underrepresented (there was not a single specimen within the whole Brynnlaw-UD part of the game). Long story short, I had to remove its keen effect because of the usual dual wielding issue, but its powerful Silencing effect is still there, and its Wall of Silence now grants the user immunity to all sound based spells like all Power Words, (Greater) Command, (Un)Holy Words, and even the dreaded Wail of the Banshee (Demilich's Howl version too).

Dragonslayer +3 Done

Its Slicing effect has changed from "100% chance to inflict 2d6 (save to neg.)" to "15% chance to inflict 20 points of dmg (no save)" because the former was actually preventing it from working on tough creatures like dragons. I've also removed its small regeneration rate and restored vanilla's immunity to fear.

There's also a built-in Aura of Courage which was supposed to work only for Cavaliers, but I actually couldn't prevent it from working on all paladin classes and thus I temporarily disbaled it.

The Vampire's Revenge +3 Done

This weapon has undergo a huge revamp (the pun is intended) to make it actually usable, and it has been restored to the game, placing it in the blood pool where MoD previously was. Its enchantment has been raised from 1 to 3 like all cursed weapons, and it now uses the standard IR Vampiric effect on hit. Its drawback is that any living being wielding it loses 1 hp every 3 rounds.

Angurvadal +4/+5 Done

I've removed its STR bonus in favor of a semi-unique Flame Whip effect, which pratically is an improved entangle with a custom animation.

I've assigned it vanilla's Flame Tongue lore, while the latter now uses NWN's Flame Tongue lore.

Albruin +1 Done

We've moved this sword early on (it's the easiest to get within SoA now), restored its vanilla's +1 enchantment, removed its cure-like contingencies (nice on paper, bad in practice imo) and added a quite unique Luminous effect (target must save vs. spell or be outlined by a faerie fire, suffering -2 penalty to AC and being unable to hide for 4 rounds) which combined with its immunity to poison should make this weapon a very useful anti-thief weapon for all those early encounters with them.

Taragarth +2 Done

Previously unused (except by UB). I've restored its PnP background and based on it I've decided for a classic anti-troll Acidic weapon.

Lawgiver +2 Done

I've increased its enchantment lvl by 1. Its Axiomatic effect now deals 2 points of dmg vs all non-lawful characters and 4 vs chaotic ones, instead of 6 vs chaotic and none against all others.

Sword of Balduran +2 Done

Its silver blade now inflicts +4 dmg vs lycans and vampires (but doesn't grant +2 thac0 anymore as vanilla BG1), and the sword now grants +10% magic resistance much like BG2 bnous merchant's version of this sword.

Blade of Searing +3 Done

In an effort to always do something relatively unique I've replaced its common Flaming effect with Burning Wounds (target must save vs. death or suffer -2 penalty to attack rolls and 1 point of fire damage each round for 3 rounds). Time will tell if it has been a good idea or not. :rolleyes:

Purifier +3/+4 Done

Almost unchanged, I've only lowered its enchantment lvl by one. This s one of the few items I'm still not fully convinced though.

Rashad's Talon +2 Done

Ive removed it lesser Sundering effect to double the effectiveness of its Cleave effect, which works particularly well in tandem with Belm.

Water's Edge +3 Done

As discussed it gets a cool pirate based background, and its fluid razor edge blade grants it a Sharpness effect. I tried to think about multiple solutions to make it a unique effect, and for now its fierce wounds causes -1 penalty to STR (in theory it simulates a badly injured arm) and DEX (supposedly hitting a leg) on a failed save vs death.

We previously thought to use penalties to thac0, AC and movement rate, but the end result imo was really too much similar to just another Slow effect, am I wrong? :hm:

Malakar +2 Done

We have decided to move it early on as there wasn't any unique katana in the entire SoA except CF which should instead be off limit for at least half game (I hope SCS does the job of protecting it well much like it does with Daystar). Long story short, I've reduced its AC bonus by 1 and its critical hit chance bonus by 5% to make balanced for the early game.

Note that this is the only 1handed weapon to keep the Keen effect, but this is on purpose because I kinda exploit its dual wielding stacking issue to create a daisho. Kachiko's Wakizashi has been changed to be an almost identical copy of Malakar (+1 AC, and +5% critical hit chance - aka scores criticals on a 19-20 roll), and I've temporarily renamed it Malakar's Companion (if a better name comes up we can change it). The end result is that these two swords aren't particularly threatening on their own, but used together they both score criticals on a 18-20 roll.

Sword of Chaos +2 Done

I've restored its vanilla concept, making it use IR's standardized Vampiric effect.

Flame of the North +2 Done

Drastically changed. It has kept its Icy blade, but it is now coupled with a Freezing effect (50% chance target must save vs breath or be held/frozen 1 round).

Berskerking Sword +3 Done

I've replaced V2's immunity to charm/confusion (that concept has been stolen by kiel's set of equipment) with a more straightforward +1 apr.

Harbinger +3 Done

A lot of changes here. Following players feedback I removed its maze-like effect (often considered a non-beneficial effect), but to keep the concept intact I replaced it with a Banishing effect. Due to its lore and especially its bam, which reminds the ones I've used for Dagger of the Stars and Runehammer, I've made it a starmetal weapon (additional dmg vs extraplanars). We weren't able to make it so much appealing to compete with late game greatswords, and considering it actually uses the filename of a BG1 greatsword (it was a plain +3 specimen there) we have instead chosen to mate it an early game weapon which could possibly be restored in the very late part of BG1 too. To do so I'vereduced its base enchantment lvl by 2, while making it a Demon Bane weapon. To keep it in check (it still is a +3 weapon which can wipe out a summoned army) and to preserve its lore I've replaced its old detonation-like effect with a backlash effect which forces the wielder to save vs spell (5% of times on each hit) or suffer 20 points of fire dmg.

Let me know what you think about this huge revamp.

Soul Reaver +4 Done

I've removed its Vampiric properties while keeping its Enervating effect (aka lvl drain).

Silver Sword +4 Done

I've extended its lore and raised enchantment lvl by 1.

Crossbow of Affliction +4 Done

Its disease-like effect now allows a save to limit its outstanding dmg potential, but on failed save the target is also slowed.

Green Scrolls of Protection from Acid/Cold/Electricity/Fire Done

They now work as per SR's equivalent spells (100% resistance instead of 50%, and complete immunity to spells and effects on the relevant element), and via actual spl files, making them affected by Breach. They still are dispellable (unlike their lesser potion version) but they are now considered innates and thus should use character's lvl for dispel checks even if the user is a warrior. They now have casting time 5 instead of being insta-cast on use, and last 10 turns as all green scrolls (as a ProElement spell cast by a 10th lvl caster).

Green Scrolls of Protection from Magic Done

Minor technical refinements as all other scrolls. It is now considered a spell protection, and I've made it removable by Spellstrike as per SCS (its description mentions it).

Green Scrolls of Protection from Ailments Done

"Replaces" Protection from Poison, by adding immunity to disease effects too. As with ProElement scrolls I've made it work a la SR, granting complete immunity to poison and disease based spells (e.g. Cloudkill, Stinking Cloud, ghast's stench, etc.).

Green Scrolls of Protection from Undead Done

Minor technical refinements as all other scrolls, but it works as per V2 (+2 to AC/saves vs undead and immunity to lvl drain).

Green Scrolls of Protection from Alterations Done

"Replaces" Protection from Petrification. It works more or less as a SI:Transmutation, granting immunity to slow, polymorph other, disintegration and petrification.

I'll continue to update this post this post asap. ;)

Parrying system

What do you think about limiting sword defense capabilities to AC bonus vs. slashing & piercing weapons? Blunt ones were usually very hard to stop using only the sword, especially things like a hammer.

Staves should get the greatest AC bonus. That's why they were so often used as training stuff. +2 is just fine. But what you're going to do with Battle Staff? +3 bonus?

5% physical damage resistance
Yes, I think. Atm it's quite easy to take barbarian, give him Defender flail, RoEC, Fortress Shield and activate Hardiness. Voila, we have an adamantine golem.

Parrying

+1 to AC for long sword, scimitar, katana and spear

+2 to AC for staffs (I know some people would really like this one in particular )

-1 to AC for heavy crushing weapons (most of them are much heavier and slower than slashing weapons)

I think staves can have +1 vs missiles, you can after all swing it around damn fast.

And spears can receive +1 vs melee as well. Seirei no Moribito is my one of my faves :)

PS LOL, spears were mentioned already. Where've been I looking at?

I believe that the Armor Physical Resistance should come together with the Parrying. It makes sense and it also rebalances the weapons effectiveness

So I'd say to go for the first only if you know you can have the second tag along with it.

About the rings of elemental control, I like the new abilities proposed (make more sense than the vanilla's) while I am less happy with halving the bonus resistances.

Parrying system

What do you think about limiting sword defense capabilities to AC bonus vs. slashing & piercing weapons? Blunt ones were usually very hard to stop using only the sword, especially things like a hammer.
I know, but this component actually born to give a small incentive to slashing weapons, as they currently are quite less appealing:

- crushing weapons are by far the most effective type of weapon against armors

- crushing weapons are almost the only effective type of weapon against golems

- crushing weapons are the most effective type of weapon against most creature natural resistances (e.g. earth elemental, most undead, etc.)

If we have have crushing weapons ignore parry AC too, they'd still remain the best choice in almost any situation.

Staves should get the greatest AC bonus. That's why they were so often used as training stuff. +2 is just fine. But what you're going to do with Battle Staff? +3 bonus?
Yeah, I thought about Battlestaff, but just like Armor Physical Resistance tweak makes some armor's special ability less unique (e.g. Orc's Leather suit) I considered that a) it would still preserve the item's effectiveness (you'd have a staff/armor that protect even better than a normal staff/armor), b) we can always find a different unique ability for such items.

+1 to AC for long sword, scimitar, katana and spear

+2 to AC for staffs (I know some people would really like this one in particular )

-1 to AC for heavy crushing weapons (most of them are much heavier and slower than slashing weapons)

I think staves can have +1 vs missiles, you can after all swing it around damn fast.

And spears can receive +1 vs melee as well. Seirei no Moribito is my one of my faves :)

PS LOL, spears were mentioned already. Where've been I looking at?

I thought you were suggesting to give spears a further +1 (up to +2), but spears within SR deals slightly more damage as a trade off. Not to mention that if I add another throwing spear the respective proficiency should be quite interesting.

I believe that the Armor Physical Resistance should come together with the Parrying. It makes sense and it also rebalances the weapons effectiveness
You know that if it was for me very few components would be optional. :grin: Jokes aside, I come up with the parrying system idea exactly because of the former tweak, though it actually works well with vanilla's "hidden" AC bonuses too.

Rings of Elemental Control

5% physical damage resistance
Yes, I think. Atm it's quite easy to take barbarian, give him Defender flail, RoEC, Fortress Shield and activate Hardiness. Voila, we have an adamantine golem.
Yeah, though as long as it's temporary I don't mind a 80%-90& resistance. After all mages can get complete immunity to almost any kind of attack, magical or physical, why shouldn't an epic fighter get almost complete immunity (temporary) to the very thing he's trained to face?

About the rings of elemental control, I like the new abilities proposed (make more sense than the vanilla's) while I am less happy with halving the bonus resistances.
Isn't currently too easy to reach incredibly high resistances? A Ring of Fire Control with a Ring of Fire Resistance and fire isn't a problem at all. Not to mention I don't like the former be better than the latter in every aspect. Last but not least, if I implement the "elemental companion" thing these rings are going to be extremely powerful even with a lowered resistance: a long lasting summon, a resistance and a cool once/day ability. Am I wrong?

You might think about upgradeable items, especially since you've deprecated significant parts of Weimer's Item Upgrade mod. I'd ask for the inclusion of his upgrades like quivers/case/bags, Kitthix, etc. The rest you'll have to judge for yourself whether they match the spirit of your changes. I've only just begun playing IR in SoA and so haven't experienced many of your alterations.

Isn't currently too easy to reach incredibly high resistances? A Ring of Fire Control with a Ring of Fire Resistance and fire isn't a problem at all. Not to mention I don't like the former be better than the latter in every aspect. Last but not least, if I implement the "elemental companion" thing these rings are going to be extremely powerful even with a lowered resistance: a long lasting summon, a resistance and a cool once/day ability. Am I wrong?

And using both the ring slots to gain high resistance against one element seems a great tradeoff?

I wouldn't think so. :)

Various Items

You might think about upgradeable items, especially since you've deprecated significant parts of Weimer's Item Upgrade mod. I'd ask for the inclusion of his upgrades like quivers/case/bags, Kitthix, etc. The rest you'll have to judge for yourself whether they match the spirit of your changes. I've only just begun playing IR in SoA and so haven't experienced many of your alterations.
IR's quiver/case/bag of plenty already grant +3 ammos instead pf +2, and you don't need a higher enchantment. IR's Kitthix is already a lot better than vanilla's one, but I may think about making it slightly better at higher levels.

And using both the ring slots to gain high resistance against one element seems a great tradeoff?

I'm not saying vanilla's resistances are overpowered or whatever, I'm just saying that if these rings would now have a powerful summon (instead of an almost useless charm ability) and a quite useful ability (e.g. Stoneskin instead of Stone to Flesh), giving up to part of its high enchantments seems sensible.

Potions

I was forgetting that V3 should introduce revised potions. It's not a small thing because we have 40-50 potions, but I think most of them are already fine conceptually. There's a global change I may have to implement, which is replacing all effects with spell-like effects. As of now potion's effects are considered as 1st caster lvl for dispel purpose, but I think we should raise it to something like 10th lvl.

- what about replacing Ring of Air's Improved Invisibility with a once per day Gaseous Form? (as per SR's genies)

- what about replacing Ring of Fire's Fire Shield with a once per day Enflame Weapon ability? (for x rounds melee and ranged weapons deal +y fire damage)

Two thumbs up! :)

I'm not saying vanilla's resistances are overpowered or whatever, I'm just saying that if these rings would now have a powerful summon (instead of an almost useless charm ability) and a quite useful ability (e.g. Stoneskin instead of Stone to Flesh), giving up to part of its high enchantments seems sensible.

But you would be replacing something like Improved Invisibility (which I wouldn't call a minor feat) for the Air ring and a Fire Shield (a good protection) for the Fire ring.

I don't think that the tradeoff would be beneficial to the player if you halve the elemental resistance for it.

Potions

I've thought that it was depending on brewer's level, so maybe potions should get various levels?
Conceptually I don't think a level based system for potions makes much sense, but it may be just me.

But you would be replacing something like Improved Invisibility (which I wouldn't call a minor feat) for the Air ring and a Fire Shield (a good protection) for the Fire ring.

I don't think that the tradeoff would be beneficial to the player if you halve the elemental resistance for it.

Well:

- Stoneskin is surely better than Flesh to Stone, and something non-mage characters wouldn't get

- Gaseous Form isn't better than II, but anyone can have II as long as you have a mage in the party, whereas Gaseous Form is an absolutely unique ability

- Enflame Weapon isn't better than Fire Shield, but it's much more unique, and at least equally useful

Thus on this aspect players surely don't lose anything.

Then, you'd get a powerful summon instead of a useless once/day charm elemental effect which even allowed a save. The benefits here are quite evident, and reducing resistances as a trade off makes these items as powerful as before (making them more powerful isn't my goal at all) but more unique/interesting imo. Last but not least, Ring of Fire Resistance, Boots of Grounding and Boots of the North wouldn't be outshined anymore with this change.

Anyway, you know my opinion, I know yours, let's see if anyone else is stronly against it like you. Right now, it's me, and Ardanis to a lesser extent, against you. :)

Anyway, you know my opinion, I know yours, let's see if anyone else is stronly against it like you. Right now, if it's me, and Ardanis to a lesser exten, against you. ;)

You like to play dirty, don't you? :grin:

Seriously I am not even that much against it. And I do know you're not in the business to make items more powerful (and I wholeheartedly agree). Yes, making it more unique is a very nice feature so I would like to see your idea come true in V3! :)

Let's see the latests things we've almost agreed on working on for V3.

Weapon Speed Factor does't improve with enchantment level

Each weapon type will retain the base speed factor regardless of the enchantment level. The goal is to make sure this aspect of the weapons isn't lost due high enchantment levels.

Currently each enchantment level improves speed factor by one, thus a long swords +4 end ups being faster than a dagger, and a long sword +5 as fast as a dagger +5.

Helm of Glory, Helmet of Defense & Dragon Helm

It has been suggested to make Helm of Glory grant Bless + Resist Fear, which is good per se imo, but then I would have to find something else for the Dragon Helm. One solution may be to re-implement elemental resistances on the Dragon Helm and replace Helm of Defense's ones with magic resistance. :party:

Amulet of Cheetah Speed

We may add a Speed factor bonus.

Amulet of Power

Thanks to Taimon I should be able to implement a 'caster level bonus' effect.

Gargoyle Boots

We may replace Stoneskin with a more unique Stone Form ability.

Bracers of Blinding Strike

We may add an on hit haste-like effect to it.

Begging for lowering potion's price. I've NEVER bought any potion because they look so expensive. 150 gold pieces for a potion which heals 8hp? I think prices should be nearer to these from NWN. I'd pay 50 gold for one. And for these larger 150.

Archived