Map Extraction and Saving

Morkai_bde

Heya, Just a quick question, Is it possible to set DLTCEP to extract a Map with Its overlay and save it as a BMP eg. Like the Candlekeep Complete Attachment

I have been trying for a while now and only get it to save the BMP without the Overlay, resulting in there being no water/lava on the maps at all as with the Candlekeep Incomplete Attachment

post-7334-0-64991700-1393169123_thumb.jpg

post-7334-0-39199100-1393169139_thumb.jpg

The overlays are there for a reason, statistic animation or what ever, they are determined in the .are and .web files, so extracting them won't be a problem with the .bmp files in a mod... now if you wish to just take a picture of the game area, the editor might not be the best tool for it.

Afaik, you can only export TIS files into the BMP format in DLTCEP. TIS files don't include information about how to set up overlays or any other kind of effects, so it is impossible to include this data in the exported BMP file.

To include overlays (or even background animations) you'll need a full-fletched area viewer that takes information from different resources into account (e.g. from ARE, WED and TIS resources).

Thanks for the Information, I haven't seen any utilities that can do it yet, So far I have been Using mspaint to superimpose the extracted map over a tiled image with the water and Green (R:0 G:255 B:0) set as transparent but with the larger maps it takes some time as it wont com/paste the whole map at once, and then add the animations of stuff like fountains and waterfalls by screen-capping them in game

Its a lengthy process but it works thus far, and some of the larger animations are a bit tricky to get just right in some areas, was just looking for a quicker way to do it

@ Avenger, I have tried it using "view whole" but it still only extracts it without the overlays, I have tried both selecting the main map and overlay to extract but either way I get the same result

Thanks for the Information, I haven't seen any utilities that can do it yet, So far I have been Using mspaint to superimpose the extracted map over a tiled image with the water and Green (R:0 G:255 B:0) set as transparent but with the larger maps it takes some time as it wont com/paste the whole map at once, and then add the animations of stuff like fountains and waterfalls by screen-capping them in game

I've been working on adding overlay support (among other things) to the area viewer in NearInfinity. I'm still in the process of sorting out bugs and improving compatibility, but you might check this thread once in a while for updates.

I'm just gonna leave this here for future search users.

Cheers!

Long live, Baldur's Gate and D&D artwork and maps.

They are great to see as a whole and for wallpapers and to enjoy.

------

Map Extraction and save to bmp and png file from Baldur's Gate 2 EE with DLTCP and NI Near Infinity

for Near Infinity,

Select [.ARE] file.
Click on [View Area] button
Click on [Export Map to PNG] button...

---

For DLTCEP:

Edit Area

Load Area

Edit Wed

Extract

Save as BMP

Archived