BG1 patch compatibility

Hello everyone!

I have a working megamod made with BWS (tactical version), made about a month ago (before latest update of EET). I was about to enter the cloakwood mine, and so far playthrough has been very smooth and without big issues. Now, after steam made me download latest patch for BG1, the savegames are not compatible anymore, am I right?

Also, I haven't played through SoD, right now with the latest patch, has it become compatible with EET megamod?

He, I forgot to make a zip of BG1 and BG2, although it seems that BG1 folder hasn't been reverted to original state. I guess my game is broken. I'll wait for an update if EET before doing anything else

? No, it's not
BG1/SoD patch, even if forced by steam, didn't affect your BG2:EE (EET) game. And it didn't affect your EET saves.
-----------
As for creating a new installation I'm working on EET upadate that will support latest SoD patch.
Edited by K4thos

Even if it's not broken, since I had BG2 patched to 2.5 but BG1 not when I've started the game, the SoD part should not be working correctly, am I right?

Anyway, I'll wait for EET update, even if I'm quite deep into BG1 storyline and I have done many sidequests (it's not easy to give up 70-ish hours of gameplay for a single game, but if I can't play SoD...)

Edited by LewsTherin

Anyway, I'll wait for EET update, even if I'm quite deep into BG1 storyline and I have done many sidequests (it's not easy to give up 70-ish hours of gameplay for a single game, but if I can't play SoD...)

you can play SoD. All BGEE and SoD resources are in your BG2:EE (EET) game. Whatever happened to BG1/SoD folder after EET installation doesn't matter at all (you can even delete it altogether, it’s not used anymore). You can continue your game just fine.

Edited by K4thos