Swapping the Monk two-handed animations

Fochmarc

I've been building a custom kit for a fighter-monk hybrid wielding a quarter staff , and using EEKeeper to change the appearance to use the Male Human Monk. Problem is, the infamous "monk animations aren't designed for two handed weapons" gives me a floating quarter staff most of the time.

Any way to keep the paper doll of the Monk and change the attack animations to a fighter?

...draw new animations?

What you probably mean is to copy the .bam files, make a new .2da file, and associate a different paperdoll to the overall animation and then set the kit to use them... in "EE" games that concept should be "easily do-able".

...draw new animations?

What you probably mean is to copy the .bam files, make a new .2da file, and associate a different paperdoll to the overall animation and then set the kit to use them... in "EE" games that concept should be "easily do-able".

Do you have any more step-by-step instructions on how to do this?

Wait, clarification is required. Do you want to use the monk paperdoll (on the inventory screen) but the fighter avatar (in-game)? I suppose that might be doable. Maybe. I don't know much about that stuff. But Jarno thinks so.

But if you want to use the monk in-game avatar with a quarterstaff... just not possible.

Do you have any more step-by-step instructions on how to do this?

Well, here's how the animations are named in this game... I don't have the game installed on this computer, so you have to excuse the imprecision .. ...that and the fact that the EE games use the [C/D][Animation ID].2da -files from that as the sound and other statistic table, then extend the animation.ids file with the new entry, and then you need to just apply a spell that applies the new animation in the kit, via opcode 53, to be the new files.

Archived