Compatibility Issue QDMulti x EET

Hi!

I'm the author of Deities of Faerun (DoF) and some other mods, very active on Beamdog but I rarely pass by here.

A player reported an issue recently that may be of your interest.

The player says that he used to run DoF perfectly on EET until the version 2.5 update. After that, he just can't install DoF.

Doing a lot of tests I was able to narrow it down to the QDMulti function, used by my mod (and some others) in a lot of components. Removing every reference from the multiclass components allows the mod to install perfectly.

This function and the components that are related to it don't misbehave in a non-EET install. Every check for EET looks rock-solid in my mod (or the player wouldn't be able to play it before v2.5).

His Setup-DoF.Debug can be found here and his Weidu.log can be found here.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

From DoF's thread on Beamdog's forum, a solution proposed by the user Radamanth77:

- ERROR: [override/QD_MCP01.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Ok, i think i found this issue and wanted to share my infos about.

First of all thanks to Raduziel for the awesome work on an awesome mod.

The problem comes out after an installation of EET on a 2.5 patched game. If you check the KITLIST in your override directory, you would notice that the GRIZZLY_BEAR kit got an extra 0x00004027 column.

Extra becouse the previous one is 0x00004027 aswell.

Just delete the last "extra" column and restart the installation of the mod. Everything will go fine then.

I think the problem is in the patch itself BTW.

Hope to help, I m testing loads of EET installations around this mod and I will share any finding.