trouble installing version 5.2

Urborg Vengrath

I'm preparing to go run through a fresh game of BG2, so I downloaded updates to the mods I planned on using.

When I came to the cross mod banter pack all was well and good except the ToB portion, which the installer skipped because it stated I don't have ToB installed. In fact, I do have ToB installed. After this event I uninstalled the SoA portion of the mod, deleted it, and downloaded another copy from G3 but had the same problem when installing it.

---

This is the message that occurs:

ERROR: BIFF [./movies/25movies.biff] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error<20, "stat", "./movies/25movies.biff">

SKIPPING: [Cross Mod Banter Pack for Throne of Bhaal]

You must have Throne of Bhaal installed to install this component.

---

The Romance Conflict and SoA portion of the mod install fine. Has anything like this come up before?

Not that particular issue, no. And I know it works on most conventional ToB installations, because I've got it installed on my machine, and it works fine.

Your BG2 ToB installation doesn't seem to include movies, which makes me think that you may have selected a minimal install, or have multiple installations, or that your game file might have other issues. Have you been playing the game just fine up until now? Have you done a full installation of ToB?

In general, it's a good idea to do a full installation of SoA/ToB prior to installing mods. Many require resources to be present that might be skipped in a minimal or "recommended" install.

Archived