Keto-Amber banter doesn not seem to work.

Guest Gargulec

Guest Gargulec

I have those mods installed in correct order (Xmod after all NPC mods) and yet I have not seen a single banter between those characters, despite the fact that I have them in my party for more than few hours.

Or am I just impatient?

Guest Garguec

Thank you!

A bear? Like in 'a peaceful bear'? Then yes, I did not met the opportunities. Thank you. Also, a question: there are three Keto-Amber banters. One in Brynlaw, one after seeing a bear and third? Is it time based, or just some other requirements needs to be met before?

Yes, a peaceful bear. With the exception of cougars and the animals you find in the arena at the Copper Coronet, most of the animals you see in the game are peaceful. I don't think we included the bear near the circus in Waukeen's Promenade, though. It's only bears in the wild, like you'd find in the Umar Hills near Imnesvale.

I think the third banter happens when you return to Brynnlaw from Spellhold... or no, it has to do with Amber's kidnapping, I think.

In any case, it looks like you're still good.

Guest Gargulec

Well, travelled to the Umar Hills to see a bear... and no effect, no banter. Bear was peaceful, hinting squirrels, and my PC was seeing it for a long time, yet Keto and Amber remained silent. Note- I am using Polish version of BGII

Ah, was afraid this might happen. It seems that attaching a DV to a "scenery" creature doesn't work, after all. I'll have to look at other ways to accomplish the same thing. Maybe trigger the banter with an area check, and spawn a bear at the same time?

In the meantime, if you know how to work the console, you can trigger the banter manually by opening up the console, typing in

SetGlobal("G#XB.AmberKetoBanter1","GLOBAL",1)

and hitting enter. After that, hit CTRL-I until you get the banter.

Archived