Anoter NPC mod idea

Guest Lady of payne

He's a very interesting NPC. If there was a mod out that added him as a joinable NPC, I'd play it, but time constraints prevent me from taking the project on myself. Unfortunately, that's often the case. Most IE modders have plenty of their own projects, so they aren't likely to take on another. If there's a mod that catches your fancy, you're best bet is to learn to make it yourself... and keep it simple. Complex NPCs may be interesting, but they're hell to code.

Indeed. Start simple. Create an NPC who can join and leave. Write some banters. Then worry about additional coolness like friendship or romance (the latter of which being a time consuming bitch - simulating life perfectly).

Guest Lady of payne
so nobody is going to pick up your mod idea(s) and make them for you.

Not for me. Just idea for you. One little idea nothing more.

Write some banters

Thank for advise but as writer I am worse than as codder.

The idea of a fallen paladin definitely has potential. But if such a mod was made, I would be more inclined to give it a try if it didn't share the name and traits of a historical figure of earth.

I would be more inclined to give it a try if it didn't share the name and traits of a historical figure of earth.
Yeah. That's pretty lame (unless you came up with a good explanation of how he ported from the Crusades to Faerun, or possibly vice-versa, and then returned to die on Earth, but even then...).

Archived