Bg1 unfinished business and Bg1NPC project

Greenhorn

Hi, just quick question about compatibility between these two mods. If this was answered before or this question belongs to UB BG1 forum I apologize. So far I know that components of UB BG1: 004 (finishable Kagain caravan quest), 005 ( Coran and the wywerns ), 006 (Kivan and Tazok), 007 ( Branwen and Tranzing ) and 027 ( Sarevok's DC ) are uneccessary with BG1NPC project but what about 003 (Angelo notices Shar-Teel )? Perhaps some others? Thanks in advance.

Hi, just quick question about compatibility between these two mods. If this was answered before or this question belongs to UB BG1 forum I apologize. So far I know that components of UB BG1: 004 (finishable Kagain caravan quest), 005 ( Coran and the wywerns ), 006 (Kivan and Tazok), 007 ( Branwen and Tranzing ) and 027 ( Sarevok's DC ) are uneccessary with BG1NPC project but what about 003 (Angelo notices Shar-Teel )? Perhaps some others? Thanks in advance.

From my recent experience I can confirm that 006 and 003 have no issues with BG1NPC, 005 never worked for me, 007 and 004 I had in the past with no issue - (no idea what 027 means from this description).

From my recent experience I can confirm that 006 and 003 have no issues with BG1NPC, 005 never worked for me, 007 and 004 I had in the past with no issue - (no idea what 027 means from this description).

027 is Sarevok's diary corrections. I think that issues weren't present because UB BG1 skips those components if it detects BG1NPC's which is usually installed first. But according to my newest BWS Shar-Teel of BG1UB component is recommended for install while I'm 90% sure that is incorrect. Found this too:

What berelinde says is true, but in theory the two mods should work together perfectly if you avoid installing certain components from UB. These include:

# Angelo Notices Shar-teel

# Finishable Kagain Caravan Quest

# Coran and the Wyverns

# Kivan and Tazok

There may be others, but these are the ones which I know BG1NPC has its own take on.

027 is Sarevok's diary corrections. I think that issues weren't present because UB BG1 skips those components if it detects BG1NPC's which is usually installed first. But according to my newest BWS Shar-Teel of BG1UB component is recommended for install while I'm 90% sure that is incorrect. Found this too:

What berelinde says is true, but in theory the two mods should work together perfectly if you avoid installing certain components from UB. These include:

# Coran and the Wyverns

# Kivan and Tazok

There may be others, but these are the ones which I know BG1NPC has its own take on.

To be honest - I had those two mods installed in all of my recent games and I encountered all those episodes without issue. Therefore I did not dig into the files to see why I had no issue. For example, I had Shar-Teel and were romancing her with my evil male PC (which is BG1NPC). When we were caught by the Flaming Fist, Angelo noticed his daughter and acted accordingly.

I did the installs with BWS, so obviously the way they were installed with each other is correct.

# Coran and the Wyverns

# Kivan and Tazok

To be honest - I had those two mods installed in all of my recent games and I encountered all those episodes without issue. Therefore I did not dig into the files to see why I had no issue. For example, I had Shar-Teel and were romancing her with my evil male PC (which is BG1NPC). When we were caught by the Flaming Fist, Angelo noticed his daughter and acted accordingly.

I did the installs with BWS, so obviously the way they were installed with each other is correct.

Well, maybe you are right. Don't fix it if it's not broken fits good in this case...

Kagain's Quest, Coran & the Wyverns, Kivan & Tazok, and Branwen & Tranzig from BG1UB won't install if BG1NPC is detected.

BG1NPC does not detect BG1UB, so you should skip those components in BG1UB if you install BG1UB first.

BG1UB does not detect Sarevok's diary from BG1NPC, so you can install both. Whichever is installed last will be the one you see in-game.

Kagain's Quest, Coran & the Wyverns, Kivan & Tazok, and Branwen & Tranzig from BG1UB won't install if BG1NPC is detected.

BG1NPC does not detect BG1UB, so you should skip those components in BG1UB if you install BG1UB first.

BG1UB does not detect Sarevok's diary from BG1NPC, so you can install both. Whichever is installed last will be the one you see in-game.

Thanks for info. Do you maybe know how Shar-Teel component from BG1UB plays with BG1NPC project? Probably no big issues between those two but I would still like to know...

Archived