SR V4 Beta 15

I posted a fix for the Simulacrum bug, it's somewhere on the Beamdog forums. I imagine you could google subtledoctor and simulacrum and fix, and you would probably find it.

And my version of Simulacrum (4 different variants, in the Tome & Blood mod) does not suffer from that bug.

I have looked for it, but only found a fix for the disappearing simulacrum. I have a bug where simulacrums in SR/SCS ignore any orders (reported here on gibberlings).

Spell revisions add opcode 328 to spells SPPR403 (Free Action), SPWI406(Minor Globe of Invulnerability) and SPWI602(Globe of Invulnerability).

Normal BGT game (not EE), so i get CTD when i try to use those spells.

Thanks for reporting that.

It's just the kind of c**p I wish I'd never get to see. I guess we will have to restore those spells from some older version of SR.

Edited by Salk

Jesus people relax, somebody made a mistake. In a BETA. Heaven help us!

v3 is long since settled and works perfectly well on BGT IIRC.

For the v4 beta, it should be easy enough to modify these spells with a hotfix mod using ALTER_EFFECT, if it comes to that. No need to go crazy.

Edited by subtledoctor

I guess we will have to restore those spells from some older version of SR.

There is a reason to use new EE only opcodes. No problem to use extra copy of the spels without them for Classic BG2 and allow EE version to benefit from new opcodes, right?

There is a reason to use new EE only opcodes. No problem to use extra copy of the spels without them for Classic BG2 and allow EE version to benefit from new opcodes, right?

Of course.

But if in the process you break the game for those playing classic BG then it's not a good move.

Edited by Salk

The new opcodes probably snuck in with kreso's other changes and he can fix them. Nothing to worry about.

I haven't tried installing this version on old engine, and can't do so since I've retired my BG games for good.

While it should work, chances are an EE-specific opcode sneaked through somewhere. If it did, this will very likely lead to instant game crash. If it happens, let me know.

Yes of course, Mike1072.

Just to make sure though, I run a NI check after installing SR v4 Beta 15 searching for spells with spell abilities containing EE effects and I am glad to report there are not any others. ;)

Edited by Salk

Some spell descriptions (i.e., the textual parts) are corrupted -> it seems this mod is not UTF-8 compatible.... Do you know how to fix?

I think you just discovered a particular description that has a bad character in it. I searched the text from the screenshot you posted in the other thread and that description (@626 in arcane.tra) has a bad apostrophe in it.

If you notice any similar issues, post them here.

If you want to fix the spell's description in your current game, you can load the spell with Near Infinity and use the dialog.tlk editor to replace the apostrophe.

Spell revisions add opcode 328 to spells SPPR403 (Free Action), SPWI406(Minor Globe of Invulnerability) and SPWI602(Globe of Invulnerability).

Normal BGT game (not EE), so i get CTD when i try to use those spells.

I'll check this out. In a perfect world, adding 328 opcode should be active only on EE games by default, I made (tried to!) very few changes to the main SR component and anything EE-specific should parse only on EE installs; end-user shouldn't even notice the difference.

Of course, mistakes do happen and I'll see what happened.

@Salk, appreciated, tnx. You've saved me a lot of time.

Btw,@all; I've been horribly busy with RL in the last months, and had very little time to devote even to family life, let alone BG modding. Sorry for the inconvinence this cause to anyone. I should get some time next week and I'll sort through the issues reported.