BG 1 Final Fight super cheesable

Livegood118

Hi all,

Love SCS etc ... play with it all the time.
Just thought I'd point out something that may (or may not) be an issue for some people during the BG1 final battle.
There are some things that make it very cheesable:
- Sarevok and his Acolytes do not appear to have wander scripts (or maybe they wander towards Sarevok?), so you can go in to the corner of the battlefield, drink an invis potion and they will all bunch up towards him. If you fire fireballs Sarevok will take it and do nothing and his companions will also take it. They don't even seem to respond to cloudkill either.
- There's no call to help function if someone else is getting attacked and they aren't. This means that you can easily pick them off one by one, when really this should be a "party" battle.
- The Skeleton Warriors do appear to have a wander script, but this doesn't matter because of protection from undead scrolls.
Please see a video below outlining these strategies and a successful solo attempt at this fight with Edwin, with a few caveats:
- I hadn't properly buffed beforehand so could have had higher STR/DEX to make things faster with the sling. Also could have minimised risk through proper potion preparation: 2x Fire Resist Potions (100% fire resist), 2x mag resist potions (100% mag resist), lightning resist etc ...
- I was in a bit of a rush when I recorded it so hadn't properly memorised spells and I was doing it on an old save.
- Once the skeletons came out I just brought my party in to rush them to speed things up, though as you can see they would have been easily soloable (and it also would have meant that I wouldn't have had to have farted around with Diarmiud for so long because his protection from magic scroll would have worn off).
- Could have easily been done on Insane as I don't think I took any damage other than the hits from Sarevok at the start (I forgot to put stoneskin on lol)
- I go back and pinch items off my party members every now and again, assume if this was a "legit" run I'd have everything prepared.
It wasn't a "perfect" fight but it demonstrates some of the ways the AI can be abused/separated.
Sorry about the lack of sound, it was my first time using quicktime screen record. I hope you like Beethoven.

There's one particular instance in the video where Semaj gets aggroed and I was like "oh fuck" but then I went off screen again/invisible and he just wandered over to Sarevok again ???

Some potential tweaks that might make the fight more interesting:

- Give Sarevok a couple of innate castings of True Sight/more wander so he's at least a threat throughout the fight

- Give Angelo/Semaj some Oracle/True Sight scrolls

- I think Sarevok having perma see invis would probably be too much and turn the fight in to a complete kite-fest (at least for solo chars)

- Give everyone wander scripts

Archived