FAQ

Andyr

Flagged as "Githyanki" since as you mention there's no "Githzerai" entry.

He has no special racial abilities at present, though I am considering giving him some based on pnp abilities (something like mage armour once/day and 10% magic resistance, though I may well not bother).

I'd give him the abilities. You'd have people saying 'hey, why doesn't he have mage armor?!?!'. And magic resistance is something I've only very rarely found for my characters in this game :).

And can you make the Githzerai entry (I know, it's never that simple)?

I can now appreciate how Weimer must have felt when doing his... I feel it is very worthwhile, but it's a completely different level of commitment than my undergrad degree was.

(Also, despite getting NWN2 on pre-order, I've only had time and played it for maybe 10 hours in the intervening however many months.)

I know it's been years but any news on the status of this mod?

I wouldn't mind playing an alpha as I think the concept is absolutely great and judging by what I've read in the mod testing thread it worked with Tutu back in 2006.

I totally understand that real life got in the way of this mod being released. I also know that a doctorate can take years (and I hope things are working out for you Andyr). Would it be possible to play the alpha version? I don't care about voicing that much in BG and I'm really eager to play a run with this mod.

I'm more a lurker around here but I really appreciate the outstanding work of the G3 community. ???

I know it's been years but any news on the status of this mod?

I wouldn't mind playing an alpha as I think the concept is absolutely great and judging by what I've read in the mod testing thread it worked with Tutu back in 2006.

Sorry for the thread necromancing.

I just remembered about this mod, and reading Andyr's last comments, the mod is supposedly done (other than voicing). Is releasing it out of the question? Would anyone share the beta/release candidate with me?

I just remembered about this mod, and reading Andyr's last comments, the mod is supposedly done (other than voicing). Is releasing it out of the question? Would anyone share the beta/release candidate with me?
He did say it was essentially done and that Grim Squeaker was doing the voicing, so I'd be surprised if he didn't have a copy. Also:
It isn't possible to make "Githzerai" appear as his race on, for example, the character record on screen.
We can actually do this now with ToBEx (or even without it, with a small .exe patch).
He did say it was essentially done and that Grim Squeaker was doing the voicing, so I'd be surprised if he didn't have a copy.

*Casts Summon Grim*