Divine Remix v7.1

Ardanis

I'm especially interested in the kits present in DR so I could try to externalize them and make an install for each of the one I want... well when I will figure out what's changed in BG:EE regarding adding kits =p

Divine Remix is a little more complicated than most kit mods. All of the DR kits require the main component be installed and that component drastically alters the spell system and the way other classes work. So, it's no easier to separate them out than it is to make the whole mod compatible.

I'm especially interested in the kits present in DR so I could try to externalize them and make an install for each of the one I want... well when I will figure out what's changed in BG:EE regarding adding kits =p

Divine Remix is a little more complicated than most kit mods. All of the DR kits require the main component be installed and that component drastically alters the spell system and the way other classes work. So, it's no easier to separate them out than it is to make the whole mod compatible.

Yep I saw that trying to make something work... I'm not good enough to undertake the overhaul of DR sadly. I'll have to do without it for the time being =(

FYI it is not too hard to strip out the sphere system and just use the DR kits... You need to install Spell Revisions *after* Divine Remix, and then

1) manually set all priest spells to cleric, druid, or both; and

2) manually strip out the GA_xxxx lines granting spells from the CLAB 2da files for all divine spellcasting kits (including rangers and paladins).

It's not perfect, but it's better than not using DR at all. (DR will forever have a place in my mod list.) Down the road, it would be great if DR could split the kits from the sphere system. Seems like that should be possible by installing the kit components before the 'core' component... but then again I don't know WeiDU, so it's not my place to judge!

Ranger kits are bugged.

Feralan - cannot wear any armor or use large shields? Yes, he can.

e409.jpg

Bowslinger has no ability Called Shot, Detect Invisibility and Speed Shot. He can't pick HLA's.

Forest Runner - has no ability Inspire and HLA's.

Wilderness Runner has no bonus resistance to non-magical fire and cold. Has minimum charisma 15. Is "15 Maximum Charisma is 2 points lower than a standard member of the race" ->

It should be

~NMRNWLRN				13	  13	  14	  0	   14	  6~ // ABCLASRQ.2da (minimum stats)

Elfs have minimum charisma 8. But it was -> here

He can't set snares and don't have ability Enhanced Charm Animal and HLA's.

Polish translation cry to heaven.

He can't pick HLA's.
Yeah, well, they have the original HLA tables, which start at level 15, so if the character is lower level than that and gains a HLA, it cannot be selected. The only exception is the Forest Runners's table, the "lura4.2da" file which doesn't even exists in the vanilla game at all.

Hmm, the Forrest runners spell should be there... perhaps it's in a different slot in the interface...

Wilderness Runner has no bonus resistance to non-magical fire and cold. Has minimum charisma 15. Is "15 Maximum Charisma is 2 points lower than a standard member of the race" -> It should be
~NMRNWLRN				13	  13	  14	  0	   14	  6~ // ABCLASRQ.2da (minimum stats)

Elfs have minimum charisma 8. But it was -> here

Th3 15 is intentional, as the minimum of 15 actually is the stat you need to be a Ranger. It reduces the points that can be allocated elsewhere at character creation.

Feralan - cannot wear any armor or use large shields? Yes, he can.
Hmm, what other mods do you have installed, and in what order(weidu.log)... as that fact will effect this a lots.
- The first step towards compatibility with Spell Revisions

I think I have some basic understanding of github now, and hopefully it will work as expected.

How's that coming along? (I presume it'll be of use for every other spell mod that uses ADD_SPELL, as well?)

Not sure where is the best place for this, but these forums seem to be blocking swift-mail.com addresses (which is strange because I haven't been blocked with anything else). I tried to contact the webmaster from an alternative yahoo address, but have not received a reply. I sent the message on approximately 25th January this year. I can't authorize my forum account because the domain of my email address I used to sign up appears to be blocked.

Back on topic, is there any progress on combining SR with DR?

To everyone, I hope you have your best year ever! And it would be great to get a reply back to my request to change my address on this forum account to steven dot aus1 at yahoo dot com (which is also the account I sent the message on approx. 25th Jan.).

-Steven.

Archived