Spell Revision - Shorty Saving Throws

Spell Rev does spell changes where the saves more reflect the 5ed D&D rules rather than the 2ed's... where thieves can dodge fireballs more easily, with higher saves vs breath. Yeah, it's no longer save vs. spell, but a save vs breath.

This.

Not to mention, you can be a gnomish pally/iliusionist but you can't have a shorty's save bonus because +5 to save vs. spell is crazy?? ;PP

The game has none of that, as there is no Paladin/mage base class, nor is there technically a dualing/multiclassing to a kit(without mods that the player has to build themselves, in where you can honestly say they are efficiently cheating anyways). So you will need to either clarify on what you mean with "pally/illusiuonist", or just not.

Mazzy is a Halfling "paladin", but only because she was made to have a few healing spells on top of her pure non-kitted Fighter class. And she is rather late to join the party, in comparison to other NPCs. Which is why I never actually took her along.

Yeah, it wasn't like it was in the primary component as part of the spell changes ... ouh cheese, it was. Yes, it's not a secret that the Spell Rev does spell changes where the saves more reflect the 5ed D&D rules rather than the 2ed's... where thieves can dodge fireballs more easily, with higher saves vs breath. Yeah, it's no longer save vs. spell, but a save vs breath. If memory serves.

​I did not know they were changed for a very long time. The changes are not mentioned - nevermind fully described - in the readme. I only knew because I went through all of main_component.tpa and noticed them rather inconspicuously sitting at the bottom.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I missed this thread - I too was miffed about my screwed tables and didn't even know it was SR making the changes:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29343

Of course complete documentation of the changes would be ideal, but for now I think it would help people if the ReadMe simply stated that SR makes changes to Saving Throw tables at all. Right now if you notice something funky you might be at a loss to even identify SR as the culprit. I even googled massively before making that thread and found nothing that suggested SR was to "blame."

If you could post the complete table changes somewhere that would also be great - so we can check that everything is in order after editing with EE Keeper and such.

For the record I think nerfing Saving Throws makes a ton of sense and I'm glad SR does it, since Vanilla saves punish spells with Saving Throws.

Edited by Grunker