Issues with Steam

I am sure you all have had this question posed in several ways over the years.

I have tried to sort though the responses here, and keep coming back to a link that sends me to a dead end on a nexus wiki.

So, hopefully, I can get a concrete answer here.

I just purchased BG2/ToB EE from Steam.

I used to have the game in the original form years and years ago. As I played I remembered the mods I had downloaded and went looking, found this place.

I downloaded several mods, read the directions, installed according to what was posted here, and got little black windows popping up to tell me my installs were incomplete.

I re-read the posts here, posts elsewhere and tried several more times using differing approaches and now have given up.

Could one of you excellent people please tell me how you install mods from this community with the most recent build of Steam?

I have Windows 7 64 if that helps.

Your game needs to be installed outside of Program Files for mods to work properly in Windows Vista, 7, and 8.

By default, Steam installs inside Program Files and creates a game library there. You can tell Steam to make another game library somewhere else and install games there, but I think it's easiest to simply copy the entire game folder out of Steam\steamapps\common and into a better place, and run the baldur.exe in that folder to start the game. This separate installation can be modded and it has the benefit of not being overwritten if Steam updates the game for a new patch.

Archived