Photo

Bug Reports: IR v4 Beta

80 replies to this topic

#76 lynx

lynx
  • Modders
  • 2892 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:08 AM

binary diffing is an option, but someone would still have to sieve through it and group it to make it manageable/readable. No easy way out of this.

GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Looking for Planescape: Torment testers
Market android version IS NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE: reported bugs will be ignored! Still looking for builders ...

#77 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:11 AM

Yeah...that's why I'd prefer just to have my own branch and create a list of "general changes" and more specific "bigger" changes to give people an idea of what I've done while not necessarily bothering with the tiny tweaks and bug fixes that people probably wouldn't even notice unless I specifically pointed them out. I'm not even sure that anybody will actually want to use my files, but eh, maybe a few people will if they're desperate for being able to finally install 1PP with IR. My internet has been absolutely ruined recently (...I've been troubleshooting for roughly the last 3 hours and more besides that the last few days), so I might disappear for a couple of days here before I'm able to do that.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 14 July 2017 - 02:14 AM.

#78 Salk

Salk
  • Modders
  • 2879 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

If I did not have my own customized version , I would surely use Bartimaeus'. No doubt about it.

#79 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6054 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

binary diffing is an option, ..

Or you could be more reasonable, and make a Diff from the two .tp2 files with WinMerge and go from there.

As anyone shouldn't mess with the install files, just the what they produce... as an effect from copying different files to replace the already used ones. Or in the case of not adding the graphics, not copying them over ... as then they just use the vanilla variety of files.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

#80 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

as an effect from copying different files to replace the already used ones. Or in the case of not adding the graphics, not copying them over ... as then they just use the vanilla variety of files.

That doesn't really work for IR, per se. It might more or less work in some cases, but some icons, colors, certain animations will be missing or screwed up.

#81 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6054 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

but some icons, colors, certain animations will be missing or screwed up.

If it's missing, it can be replaced with the original games assets, at least animation and icons... colors a bit different, yeah.
Aka if you have a Sword in IR that uses an asset(inventory icon) that's only in 1PP, you pick up the same kind(Sword) on from the original games files, and name it as the file resource that 1PP uses(inventory icon), in the MAIN component. And possibly make a component that replaces the old with the new graphics, while the player can also install the 1PP on top, and get them that way.

This is easier to do afterwards to an older mod, as you already know the assets you have and need to replace, copy etc. when it's intended to be the "first" mod to be installed. Or in other words, before the older mod. Much like the IR's main component.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 July 2017 - 10:37 PM.

Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.

Here's how to install all the stable mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users